The Thing

Mark M.

I thought it was strange that the Hollywood house is actually named The Thing: Assimilation. Also, if you notice, on the back of one of this year's shirts it actually lists Assimilation as well. Maybe they were going to go with that name originally, but remembered at the last minute that they'd already used it.

Interesting. Maybe it was a misprint?

On an unrelated note: am I the only one who thinks that this version of the thing (creature) looks a lot like the tingler?

Now that you mentioned this, it does! IDK if you have those scares in your version, but in the bug scene, there was a little hole for an actor to poke his arm through with a "thing" at the end of it, making it look like one of the bugs were jumping out at you. There was also one scene (As you can see fro the video) where a scareactor would brush a feather against the head of the paserby to feel as if the bugs were crawling on you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting. Maybe it was a misprint?

Now that you mentioned this, it does! IDK if you have those scares in your version, but in the bug scene, there was a little hole for an actor to poke his arm through with a "thing" at the end of it, making it look like one of the bugs were jumping out at you. There was also one scene (As you can see fro the video) where a scareactor would brush a feather against the head of the paserby to feel as if the bugs were crawling on you.

that sounds so cool we dont have any of that,

the whole "actor having his arm inside a thing" I remember in 07 they had dog heads coming at you from the walls in a tunnel, they were puppets used by actors with their arms, but a friend told me that a woman grabbed one of the dog heads and almost broke the actor's arm. or something, don't know it is true or not, but they took out the dog heads for the rest of the event after i was told about this,

Another Top House of the night. Got to hit this one again tonight. Since I have officially seen the film, I can say that it perfectly captures the atmosphere seen in the film, feels like you are inside the film. The film itself is pretty bad, but the house is awesome on so many levels. Definitely a DO NOT MISS!

FINAL SCORE: 8.5/10

Edited by cwoolboy

They even seem to latch around their victim's throats like the tingler did. Well, not latch so much as assimilate, but close enough.

Now that the movie is out, I can finally ask : Does the house spoil the movie?

I don't even really know that there's much to spoil in the movie, since it's a prequel with a known outcome ... So any spoilers would just be effects or something.. I guess. I don't even know.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but having seen John Carpenter's version, I can say that they don't show a whole lot that I couldn't have probably guessed myself.

After seeing the movie you really can see the small details in every room that makes it feel like the movie. And no going through this house before seeing the movie won't ruin the movie. You really appreciate all the detail that was put in to replicate the scenes from the movie.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but having seen John Carpenter's version, I can say that they don't show a whole lot that I couldn't have probably guessed myself.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying - I'm not sure how much "spoiling" can really be done.... If I tell you

that a guy's head drips off and grows spidery legs and runs away in Carpenter's film,

it's not really spoiling anything because you haven't seen it. Knowing what's going to happen doesn't ruin anything in the movie. I don't think so, anyway. But who knows, maybe Mr. Eko gets eaten by a smoke monster in the arctic.

Arctic Smoke Monster - you think YOU have problems? :)

After seeing the movie you really can see the small details in every room that makes it feel like the movie. And no going through this house before seeing the movie won't ruin the movie. You really appreciate all the detail that was put in to replicate the scenes from the movie.

Did you go through before and after seeing the movie?

Also, I'd like to point out that Assimilation didn't have any spoilers in it - in fact, it was pretty much unrelated to the movie if you ask me. Several years later, I'm *still* not on board with having all the scareactors in the Thing house be military guys.... Since there aren't any of them in the movie and all... It's like if the NoES house was filled with aliens.

Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying - I'm not sure how much "spoiling" can really be done.... If I tell you

that a guy's head drips off and grows spidery legs and runs away in Carpenter's film,

it's not really spoiling anything because you haven't seen it. Knowing what's going to happen doesn't ruin anything in the movie. I don't think so, anyway. But who knows, maybe Mr. Eko gets eaten by a smoke monster in the arctic.

Arctic Smoke Monster - you think YOU have problems? :)

Did you go through before and after seeing the movie?

Also, I'd like to point out that Assimilation didn't have any spoilers in it - in fact, it was pretty much unrelated to the movie if you ask me. Several years later, I'm *still* not on board with having all the scareactors in the Thing house be military guys.... Since there aren't any of them in the movie and all... It's like if the NoES house was filled with aliens.

Yes I went through before and after seeing the movie. it's cool watching the movie thinking "hey i've seen that in the house!"

This house was one of my favorites at the beginning of the event, but I'm feeling like a lot of the actors are just losing steam :( Maybe it's just my timing, but I go through this house A LOT and it just seems like it's on a decline. I want it to be as intense as it was for opening weekend again! I'm kinda hoping somebody can prove me wrong..

This house was one of my favorites at the beginning of the event, but I'm feeling like a lot of the actors are just losing steam :( Maybe it's just my timing, but I go through this house A LOT and it just seems like it's on a decline. I want it to be as intense as it was for opening weekend again! I'm kinda hoping somebody can prove me wrong..

I don't know the opposite thing happened to me, at first it was a little Meh, but now the last days I've gone all the actors are good, lots of scares, I don't know, whenever i go i get scared in the house, even the animatronics at the beginning and end are being used more frequently too

This house was intense opening weekend? When I took my trips through opening weekend the house didn't seem any more intense than your average house. I felt like a portion of the house's cast were bored, too.

I absolutely loved this house. It was the first of the night for me. It was extremely cool how we walked into a room with a girl standing in the corning, looking out of breath, and suddenly she whips out this pistol and starts shooting it in our general direction! So crazy. Also, my first scare of the night was the girl being taken over by the thing who comes out of the wall.

so did the animatronic of the thing going in the roof broke down or something, it wasn't moving anymore, :( thats a shame, that was my favorite room of the house, Also the actor today was doing stuff differently, he was hiding against the wall and then shooting the thing, while before the other actor just kept standing and shooting, I loved the just standing but the new way hiding against the corner works as well, both ways are really cool

but, the thing was not moving,

so did the animatronic of the thing going in the roof broke down or something, it wasn't moving anymore, :( thats a shame, that was my favorite room of the house, Also the actor today was doing stuff differently, he was hiding against the wall and then shooting the thing, while before the other actor just kept standing and shooting, I loved the just standing but the new way hiding against the corner works as well, both ways are really cool

but, the thing was not moving,

Maybe it did break down? It was moving on Wednesday.

Didn't Assimilation take place after the events of the Movie in an unrelated location anyways?

Didn't Assimilation take place after the events of the Movie in an unrelated location anyways?

YES the Thing Assimilation takes place in a Research Facility in Florida! LOL, the thing literally came to us, so the soldiers are there because the thing got loose. That kind of reminds me when in the Resident Evil movie the virus breaks and the STARS team goes to the Hive, I think is a similar situation for that house.

anyway,

Sunday I saw a guy trying to fix the thing in the roof while guests were moving lol, that was really funny and awesome, cuz He kinda looked like he was part of the house too, plus the actor shooting kept shooting at the thing, so it was funny to see that

the thing moves now with some wires at the top but i think the animatronic is down for now :( is still moves but, i think is still broken too

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this house scared me so bad!! even when that girl with the split chest that had teeth popped out from behind barrels and tried reaching for me. then the part where the girl was in the supply room crying then pulls out a hand gun that had a veryyy bright light.. Me and my brother were almost blinded :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

King K those are great photos!. I enjoyed this house very much. The set was really neat, and I thought the progression through the house was done well. When we got to the alien ship, that alien popped out and scared the jeebus outta me, the set up the first time I went through was perfect.

Edited by Mr.Grim

• Mark M. changed the title to The Thing