The Thing

Mark M.

This reminds me. I was readin on wikipedia over the weekend about The Thing (both old and new), and I found out it was based on a book. The book actually begins with them finding the spaceship and pulling the thing out of there still frozen. So at least this new movie will still be somewhat true to the book with that part. Great clip BTW, thanks for posting it JW!

Edited by faceleg

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing I remember was someone hinting that somethin from the movie trailer would be in the house. Mae (at least i think it was Mae) and I saw a helicopter at the time in the trailer, but it turned out to not be the same trailer.

All in all, a chopper would be awesome. But I am not expecting it.

I know I am probably not the only one, but right when I found out this was going to be a haunted house this year, I knew it would be one of my most anticipated houses. After that red band trailer, I am convinced that at least the movie will be cool. I am looking forward to this house so much, its not even funny. Of course, all the houses seem impressive and have a good concept, but I love The Thing, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for both the house and the movie. I remember The Wolfman from 09, and then the movie, and they ran quite the same. Hopefully this house will have the same route.

Dark Horse Comics has created an exclusive digital comic to serve as a prequel to the upcoming thriller remake "The Thing" opening October 14th.

Starting this week, the comic will be released in three eight-page installments on September 21, September 28 and October 5 and is available FREE online at DigitalDarkHorse.com and via the free Dark Horse Comics mobile app.

http://digital.darkhorse.com/blog/2011/thing-returns-dark-horse-comics-free-digitally-now/

thingcomic.jpg

Edited by Oysterhead00

Dark Horse Comics has created an exclusive digital comic to serve as a prequel to the upcoming thriller remake "The Thing" opening October 14th.

Starting this week, the comic will be released in three eight-page installments on September 21, September 28 and October 5 and is available FREE online at DigitalDarkHorse.com and via the free Dark Horse Comics mobile app.

http://digital.darkhorse.com/blog/2011/thing-returns-dark-horse-comics-free-digitally-now/

thingcomic.jpg

I dont know i kind of hate comic book prequels just when the movie comes out

still ill check it out

I will definitely be going through this house tonight. Always been a BIG fan of The thing and I CAN'T WAIT to step into the warped world of the film. I will update y'all on what I will be wearing to the event when I decide what I shall choose to help me standout.

Edited by cwoolboy

the creature at the end in the last room Scared the Sht out of me! and, i am still amazed and awed at the animatronic used here of a creature, ( just look up) , but, it is so neat and amazing

This is what i meant about HHN being able to have expensive animatronics without fear of people breaking them, Just put then out of the reach of people, the one in this house is just great

they could have done the same in hades with the 3 headed dog,

anyway amazing

I do have to admit that the scares in the house are not as much as in Poe's house or Saws and steam, the actors take longer to come out and scare, I went 3 times and 2 times didn't see some of the actors come out, they were in their hole, Im not talking scaring me, because i understand, i mean they didnt try to scare anyone behind me or in front, so, i dont know, they were just hiding, i wanted to see the actors scare the people in front of me and see their make ups, but could not see a couple, never came out to scare anyone in the group of people around me,

Edited by black mask

• Mark M. changed the title to The Thing