Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine

Mark M.

I memorized this house like the back of my hand, but what is the "two-way sign"?

The sign at the beginning right after the display of Horizon. I cant remember what the sign says (something along the lines of 'Welcome to the Horizon' or something), but it shows the other side (much like a two way chalk board) with bodies hanging behind it on what seems to be meat hooks.

Edited by The_Bled

The sign youre speaking of is kind of like the wall used for the ghost behind the wall in the LT house last year.

As for my thoughts, some great moments in this house. The industrial feel is insane. The goriness is outstanding, it didn't really look like they had any filter on how gory they wanted to go. One of my favorite scenes was: (spoiler) the cutting of the calf muscle. What a gruesome scene, it was fantastic. If you want gore in a house, this is the way to go. As for the Jaws queue discussion, I agree Friday the 13th takes it, and this was definitely a close second. But I loved Ship of Screams too :/

If I recall correctly, this one was near the bottom of my list going into the event. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised when I actually experienced it! It was great from start to finish. I was impressed by how gruesome it was... it was made very clear that the Horizon was not something you wanted to join ;) If you're squeamish, you might want to skip this one. The scareactors were always on their A-game whenever I came through and I was scared multiple times, every time. Great interaction in here too. I got a kick out of one scareactor (not sure which cast) who repeatedly scared me and kept asking "Why ya screamin'?" I'm screaming because you keep sticking your hand in my face! lol!

One of the Top Houses of the night. I wasn't expecting much from this house, but boy did it prove me wrong on all counts. If ever there was a house to break the curse of the Jaws house it's this one. It's fairly lengthy, manages to tell a whole story,has some pretty damned cool effects. and the scareactors are on their A game here. Definitely one of the top houses of the night! By far the best house I've witnessed in the Jaws House/queue so far.

FINAL SCORE: 10/10

Edited by cwoolboy

This was another favorite of my group. Very scary and well done. Lots of good effects and scares, and it felt very bioshockish in some scenes. Very well done. The actor outside with the chainsaw was getting scares left and right. It was awesome!

What a treat this was Sunday. I got there just after the house opened, and I was able to Enter the Machine ALONE right up until the finale. That’s when the group that apparently entered after I was halfway through caught up with me. My fault, I was having too much fun really absorbing the gore, and taking my time milking the extra attention from the actors for all I could. You guys are ON!

Best finale in some time, got to run into a special chainsaw buddy and get the full Horizon treatment. Always a good time to run into him, GREAT WORK!! FUN!!

Happy making me.

Toss up between this and Nevermore for Top House, both are just about equal to be completely honest, and that's perfectly fine.

What more can I say about this fantastic house? I love how there's actually a story to this house and how it's not just a series of random victims being tortured. The cast really involves us in the house, and it's got quite a few cool water effects. PERFECT house. Glad I got to go through this one alone, becuase every scareactor turned their sight on me...so friggin epic. Thanks guys, you helped to make my night! 10/10

Edited by cwoolboy

Just saw the house last night. MY FAVORITE!! SOOOO MUCH BLOOD!!! AND GORE!! AND DISMEMBERMENT!! I have but one request to only those who are worth, could someone post what was sound over the loud speaker upon entering the Horizon? The one that wasn't the website clue.

Thank Gambit!

I found that while SawsNSteam was not the scariest house I visited, it was by far the most horrifying. Now, everyone around me got the scares from the actors, so that may be why. But I feel that the scenery and complexity of the house was far more frightening than any other.

The chainsaw guy outside the house was a very nice touch.

Great fun last night, got to see both casts (even if Uncle Fred did have to go with me this time).

Special thanks to the guy with the Veg-a-matic (AND his victim) that gave me some SERIOUS grief! Dude, you've already got someone you're slicing, dicing and making great julienne fries with - why do you want me in there too? :P

Always a pleasure, thanks for giving me another great visit. Keep up the intensity!!

• 2 weeks later...

To paraphrase what Dorothy said to the scarecrow in the end of "Wizard of Oz," "Saws & Steam, you're the house I'm going to miss most."

I've had some great walk-throughs, but yesterday was the best. The vicious triple teaming I got halfway through got me so terrified and disoriented that I nearly walked into a wall, even though I know that house so well I could walk it blindfolded. Of course, that just earned me more abuse. That was on Team A...went back on B and got trapped in a corner by the chainsaw. I'm crouching there, nearly on my knees, while my husband blissfully continues and is nearly at the end of the house when they finally release me and I manage to stagger off and catch up to him. I haven't experienced abuse like that since Doomsday, when I got chased through nearly the entire damn house on the last night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...