Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine

Mark M.

Jaws finally has an AWSOME house omg this is my fav. house for this year I dont even know where to start I loved it. The waterfall scare was amazing. I had some serious good scare that freaked me the F*** out. the scareactos where def. top notch in there

I love all the houses so much, but I've been through this one quite a few times already and I come running out screaming every time! This one is in a close race for my favorite of the year so far. This house is like a sensory overload! I love the finale, especially how they brought back the dropping metal bar from Zombiegeddon :)

Jaws finally has an AWSOME house omg this is my fav. house for this year I dont even know where to start I loved it. The waterfall scare was amazing. I had some serious good scare that freaked me the F*** out. the scareactos where def. top notch in there

yeah the costume the guy uses in the waterfall is one of my favorites, god i wish i could take a pic, he looks so amazing

Went through this house three times this weekend. The first time it wasn't a favorite, interesting to look at but not a lot of scares. But after I went through on Saturday, I'm thinking Friday may have been during a cast change because the two times on Saturday were sooo much better. The cast was awesome. Looking forward to going through again this weekend.

Saws'n'Steam

-Wow, this house is probably the best house I've ever seen in the Jaws queue (disclaimer: I'm one of the apparent few who loved The Orfanage)

-Facade is this year's HAVOC facade... surprisingly expansive and brilliant! The working smokestacks and cool posters are great

-I can't describe how much I love the first show scene effect with the locked arm. This is the type of theatrics and atmosphere I expect from HHN. Just, wonderful. Story firmly established from this point on.

-The gore in this house actually made me very uncomfortable (which is good for this type of event). The leg room... just... wow, that's honestly worse than the spine rip in my opinion.

-Scare actors in here are on the ball in here. I got some spectacular scares in here on all 3 of my trips. I have to say though, the double teamers toward the end of the house (I believe right before the waterfall room) who blocked the door every single run are awesome! Give these guys a prize!

-I love the air-blowers in here. Waterfall man is great as well.

-Spinning walls of blades? A meat grinder? Water-squeezing meat packers? Flesh Aquariums!? The sets and details of this house never ceased to amaze me!

-I seriously can't get over how much they were able to get out of this house/concept/location. This sets the benchmark for future JAWS houses

-Are there mirrors in this house to make it seem bigger? I recall looking down boo holes and seeing another hallway with a scare actor and guests walking through. Are these mirrors or is it literally a little hallway to another hall of the house? Either way, it's great design and makes the place feel massive while still remaining individually claustrophobic

-Finale, sadly, is weak. I wish it could've sort of ended with the water fall room, but the boilers are lame. Scare actors in here are big and are trying, but they don't get good e-prompts or any threatening devices (no chainsaws!?) Which reminds me... I only counted 2 fakesaws and the chainsaw at the end. Blasphemy! We need more chainsaws! (Finale is okay if you get the chainsaw at the very end, though.)

Suggestions for Improvement: MORE CHAINSAWS! Seriously, give the guys in the boiler room at the end fakesaws at least. There simply aren't enough saws in here. Other than that, just maintain the awesome mechanical effects in this maze working, and keep it staffed. I only saw the guy being swallowed up by the meat grinder once in my 3 runs.

Facade: A

Sets: A

Costumes: A-

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: B-

Opening Weekend Grade: A (average should technically be A-, but rest of the house overcomes the finale)

So if youre talking about the doube team near the end of the guys who block the door, it also sounds like it could be me too. I'm right after the waterfall, right before the metal slammers. So depending on the time it could be me, but I'm glad you really liked the house.

As for the chainsaws...yes we agree...unfortunately OSHA says we cant have them inside the house because of the fumes they would make. But I do agree maybe one of the popper scares and the other guy should have at least a fake chainsaw.

After a refreshing three runs this evening, I can confirm the scene I'm referring to is right before the metal slammers and after the waterfall - which cast are you? It's Cast A that we've experienced this. Didn't happen today (probably because I'm now with a guy in a turban instead of my screaming petite girlfriend :P) but my friend did love the house. We got some solid scares, and I can't get enough of the cool set pieces in here.

Thats me. I'm cast A in that spot the one thats not constantly in the open. It didnt happen yesterday cuz my partner was not with me. Its not a permanent role and they only fill it when theres enough left over Firecrew and apparently yesterday there wasnt. Although I begged to have him or someone there with me cuz we really rock that spot.

But thanks for the shoutout. Its the first one I've ever specifically gotten.

I got double teamed twice in my first run of SnS. I'm sure one of the double teams was you. I remember one of the double teams explained to me I have pretty skin. Congrats on getting two specific shout outs.

God, I love this house. One of you trapped me with your chainsaw last night (early in the evening), and my husband just traipsed right along, not even realizing that I wasn't behind him. Such an awesome, intense house. It has special effects, but also old school scares which is what I really come to the event for.

I don't know who, but an actor (Cast B I think) pointed at me while in the queue during a cast change at did the "off with your head" gesture. Also someone commented about my Nightmares shirt in the water tank scenes I thinks. All of Cast A was absolutley fantasic on my run-through during the 6:15-7:00 period on Friday the 30th.

This house and H.R. BloodenGutz are pretty much tied for my very, very favorite house of this year.

If allowed, would any of y'all (the actors) mind sharing your role names and the scene names? I'm currently making a quick draft of a floor plan for my home haunt based on Saws N' Steam.

:)

This is maybe the best use of the Jaws queue, ever. One of the best since Friday the 13th in '07. Luke, I remember you and your scene mate got me at least three times opening weekend. The waterfall scene is AMAZING. I had low expectations for this house, but I was blown away. Nice job to all in this house.

I would not rank this house as the best in the Jaws queue, that honor goes to Camp Blood. However, Saws N' Steam is a very solid #2. I was impressed with the sets/effects that Universal placed into this queue area. The flesh aquariums and waterfall are the two aspects of this house that have remained implanted in my memory. The actors seemed to be hit or miss on both casts, but the ones that were on their games were very good. For me, SnS is a solid house overall and a standout for the Jaws queue.

I would not rank this house as the best in the Jaws queue, that honor goes to Camp Blood. However, Saws N' Steam is a very solid #2. I was impressed with the sets/effects that Universal placed into this queue area. The flesh aquariums and waterfall are the two aspects of this house that have remained implanted in my memory. The actors seemed to be hit or miss on both casts, but the ones that were on their games were very good. For me, SnS is a solid house overall and a standout for the Jaws queue.

I meant to say that but mixed it up. Definitely agree with you on both. You can't forget the two-way sign either.

• Mark M. changed the title to Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine