Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine

Mark M.

Why is it that everything that happens in my life right now somehow relates back to HHN? Haha in my film class, we watched this very old silent film called "Metropolis" and I literally just saw the Horizon the WHOLE time. The steam-punk utopia, the way of life, and these giant machines that the poor people worked, in which the machines fed off of them to work... man HHN has got me whipped haha.

I think this house has potential. Even though there may not be any gas powered saws, there are still potentials to have other sorts of saws. You gotta realize that in a "True" Steampunk setting, diesel or gasoline most likely didn't exist or was very scarce. Something along the lines of this beast:

Which is air powered, "Steam powered" and makes quite a racquet!

Also do to all the carnage and metal promised in the house, I'd wouldn't be surprised if spark effects aren't used. Like this:

But Hitler controlled Germany didn't have a steam punk vibe.

Saws n Steam and Bioshock does.

Listen to Andrew Ryan in this opening.

Listen to the voice in the tweetup. 10:30

No one is arguing.

I have always thought that SAWS & STEAM was alittle Bioshockish.Now that I have seen the first video i'll go out on a limb & say the idea for SAWS & STEAM is Bioshock related & i heard there is a waterfall in the house.In the video game video theres a waterfall.

Verdict is in. SnS is very Bioshock influenced.

...and boom goes the dynamite.

You know, there's more to influence haunted houses than a video game. Stop it. Unless there are genetic mutants and dive suits in Saws and Steam, it's NOT Bioshock. We've stated, many times, that things like Soylent Green, Logan's Run and even 1984, have the exact same "lying coorporation/government" story and they came out decades before Bioshock. Just stop.

... and I laugh at how you blew off your own fingers.

You know, there's more to influence haunted houses than a video game. Stop it. Unless there are genetic mutants and dive suits in Saws and Steam, it's NOT Bioshock. We've stated, many times, that things like Soylent Green, Logan's Run and even 1984, have the exact same "lying coorporation/government" story and they came out decades before Bioshock. Just stop.

... and I laugh at how you blew off your own fingers.

Thank you!

Plus, Bioshock has a 40's feel and and it looks like the machines in the game work on gas and diesel, that would make it diesel punk.

I know I'm being picky.

Edited by HHN Bookworm

why would you bring through a Big Daddy plush through an unrelated house?

I'm gonna bring through some... Where's Waldo books. Because it's... uh... Waldo wears glasses and some of the citizens wear glasses and he has a red hat and red is the color of blood. YOU SEE THEY'RE TOTALLY RELATED.

After the event actual opens and I'll tell you what it reminds me of. And it sure as hell isn't Bioshock.

Edited by armyofrobots

So Tent is the new sound stage sweet...

I am glad we have lowered our standards over the years

I don't think anyone has lowered their standards. Everyone on here can be just as critical of a house as ever. I don't see anyone saying that a tent house is the new soundstage house. He just said that the SNS house reminds him of a tent house. As far as I'm concerned soundstage houses have been better than tent houses, tent houses have been better that queue houses. All he was implying is that this queue house has the detail and feel of a tent house.

why would you bring through a Big Daddy plush through an unrelated house?

I'm gonna bring through some... Where's Waldo books. Because it's... uh... Waldo wears glasses and some of the citizens wear glasses and he has a red hat and red is the color of blood. YOU SEE THEY'RE TOTALLY RELATED.

After the event actual opens and I'll tell you what it reminds me of. And it sure as hell isn't Bioshock.

hahaha so mean, I love it :lol:

I gotta say, if people that think is bioshock will enjoy it more, then more power to you

A lot of times we associate things Is like when I went to Havoc with Headphones and now I associate the theme from 28 Days later with the house, every time I hear the song makes me think of the house

so people that love Bioshock then will feel like they are in the game when going to the house maybe? but still I don't really see similarities, i dont see any connection

besides the obvious use of water and steampunk

Just bought mine!

That's awesome. Yeah I saw two tweets when I woke up today saying all this house was missing is Big Daddys. The plush toy will balance it out.

I love the entrance of this house with all the different vintage posters. Total Rapture.

Happy the Jaws queue has hit its peak again.

• Mark M. changed the title to Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine