Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine

Mark M.

I think there's a pretty high chance this house will get the best scares this year for obvious reasons.

Since it hasn't been brought up in here yet. For those of you excited for this house, do you not think the audio saws instead of real saws will not effect the house?

For those of you who don't know, due to the fumes real chainsaws probably can't be used in Jaws due to it being so closed up.

Im not sure about this house, this is the house I will have to experience to make my mind, I love that they are making a scarezone a house, because they might do the same eventually, I think the concept for Grown evil could be amazing for a house,

but like someone else said, this could end up being Steampunk SAW,

I think there's a pretty high chance this house will get the best scares this year for obvious reasons.

Since it hasn't been brought up in here yet. For those of you excited for this house, do you not think the audio saws instead of real saws will not effect the house?

For those of you who don't know, due to the fumes real chainsaws probably can't be used in Jaws due to it being so closed up.

I am very worried about this. While the HAVOC & Hallow'd Past chainsaw scares were solid last year, they can't compare to a real chainsaw. There's gonna have to be quite a sound system for e-prompts to have the same effect - and even then it just won't feel as real. I'm sure the house will still be good, though...

My bet is the chainsaws will be in the streets by week 2 or 3.

Edited by Fallow

Maybe I was too busy hitting the bars and houses, but I don't remember this being a scare zone last year? Where was it? I'm not really sure of the concept/theme of this house?! It's chain saws and like what? The sound of chainsaws is a bit un-nevering and I don't think we ever waited any less than an hour and a half last year in the Jaws que (even though I thought Orphanage was scary as hell last year, possessed children creep me out!), so that was a stinker, but I also am curious to the curse of the Jaws que??? What is that about?

It's very rare or never done before if they re-use a same song from years past, but they might use songs off of the same album.

Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts Album

Is there something wrong with the Jaws queue? Why is it hot?

Hot. Tends to leak light during the daytime. Also, given its placement by B&T, tends to have the longest lines, which I think has a psychological effect (we waited that long just for that?!?).

Or maybe it was the misfortune to host Friday the 13 and Blood Mary and the rep just kind of stuck. I thought Saw was true to the movie, and really liked Ashes to Ashes last year...but I still half-expect the Jaws house to be weak every year.

No, but stuffed Sharks are allowed! =P

I was just about to say that Lizz! You beat me to it! :P

While other members have pointed out this could very well turn out to be a steampunkified Saw house, I have a feeling it will be more of a steampunkified Havoc. No, it will not have test tubes and supersoldiers, but I just feel it will have the similar intensity and pace.

I have a feeling I'll love the art direction in this house...

Is there no system they could develop to help deal with the fumes? I mean my first instinct would be some sort of fan system to keep a draft going out the top and with the breezes it seems it might would shuffle some of the fumes out and they could use chainsaws, is this not achievable?

am i one of the ONLY ones who thinks that this house is not as good as everyone thinks? i mean yeah its chainsaws, but the scarezone

last year was good but idk why im just not that afraid of chainsaws. I mean ik the people im with are scared out of hell with them, but i know there not gonna try and hurt you with them

or will they? lol but i never distrust hhn so i'm going to go into this house then see if it is better or worse then i thought :D

Im pretty pumped for this house I can already hear the saws buzzing. I doubt they will use real chainsaws because the fumes and safety hazard but that shouldnt be something to be discouraged about. A few loud speakers and maybe a few strobes and i dont think youll know the difference. Chainsaws are a pretty general fear among people so i think this house will go over well especially in such an enclosed area as jaws

Is there no system they could develop to help deal with the fumes? I mean my first instinct would be some sort of fan system to keep a draft going out the top and with the breezes it seems it might would shuffle some of the fumes out and they could use chainsaws, is this not achievable?

It's probably possible and would be great to see in place, but see the problem is, carbon monoxide is odorless, and it's a "silent killer." Carbon Monoxide poisoning has no obvious symptoms; all of the symptoms are vague and could point to many different ailments. Prolonged exposure can cause serious permanent damage, or if it's in a great enough concentration, it could cause fainting, convulsions, comas, even death. It could lead to many lawsuits, guest injuries, etc if one of those systems failed or was inadequate. Not to mention, they'd probably have to get tons of various approvals from OSHA before being allowed to try something like that. There's only a certain amount of carbon monoxide and a certain amount of carbon dioxide that a worker is allowed to be exposed to in a certain period.

I'd love to see it, and I never get scared of chainsaws unless I smell the 2-stroke oil burning (something about it makes my spine tingle with excitement) but having live chainsaws in an enclosed environment like that would lead to way too many problems. Legal, AND potential health problems.

It's probably possible and would be great to see in place, but see the problem is, carbon monoxide is odorless, and it's a "silent killer." Carbon Monoxide poisoning has no obvious symptoms; all of the symptoms are vague and could point to many different ailments. Prolonged exposure can cause serious permanent damage, or if it's in a great enough concentration, it could cause fainting, convulsions, comas, even death. It could lead to many lawsuits, guest injuries, etc if one of those systems failed or was inadequate. Not to mention, they'd probably have to get tons of various approvals from OSHA before being allowed to try something like that. There's only a certain amount of carbon monoxide and a certain amount of carbon dioxide that a worker is allowed to be exposed to in a certain period.

I'd love to see it, and I never get scared of chainsaws unless I smell the 2-stroke oil burning (something about it makes my spine tingle with excitement) but having live chainsaws in an enclosed environment like that would lead to way too many problems. Legal, AND potential health problems.

I see, that makes since, we definitely need to protect SA's and for some reason OSHA slipped my mind too

• Mark M. changed the title to Saws N' Steam: Into the Machine