Mark M.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

H.R. Bloodngutz

-Comedy houses have been very inconsistent with me, but I will say that the queue video for this house is possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. To the actor (who I understand plays one of the Beatlejuices and often is in the Horror Make-Up Show), brilliant portrayal. To the writers: well-done, please take some of your talents over to Bill & Ted. This video will make any waits in this house much more bearable

-Love the cheesiness of the facade and the little wink-wink touches (Carey Ohio, Station 21, etc.)

-Let's just go through each room separately since they're very different

Halloween: Great set, the Bloodngutz are great comedic actors. What does that red button do?

Valentines Day: Love the sets & details. Costumes are just okay, and the scares aren't great since your hiding spots are poor/no e-prompts

Independence Day: Possibly my least favorite scene in any HHN house. Man, I feel bad for you two actors in here. The set is decent, but your costumes are dreadful. On 9/24 you didn't even have your poppers, giving you almost no capacity to scare. Where'd your poppers go?

Easter: I'm not sure I really "get" the the Peeps guy (is he being eaten?) but it made me laugh nonetheless. Feaster Bunny is priceless, Hay guy has a nice scare. Some fun details (the skull-eggs are brilliant and I hope they stay working)

-St. Patrick's Day: Scariest room in the house, easily. They've got a great set-up with a wonderfully lit and decorated room (golden skeletons = awesome!) Your costumes are also very freaky. My favorite room if you couldn't tell

-President's Day: Probably my 2nd favorite room. Lincoln and Washington's costumes are all kinds of awesome, the set is great, and the "bomb" (though it needs to go off more often, or be guest-activated) is a real treat. Good scares here.

-Arbor Day: Brilliant in its zaniness. They got lucky by casting a pair of wonderfully demented girls who really sell the room, and the Tree is awesome when an Ops person isn't screaming at you to catch up to the person 3 feet in front of you.

-Thanksgiving: Awesome awesome awesome. The scent makes the room 10x better, Pocahontas can get some really nice scares, and the Pilgrim is good too... however on 9/24 he didn't have his gun. Please tell me that's coming back? It had the "pop" sound effect that makes up half his scare.

-Christmas: This room honestly should've been better. The set is wonderful, but 3 Elves (who mind you have a hilarious costume) who look exactly alike was a mistake... a crazy Rudolph or killer Frosty should've been the "final" scare. No e-prompts in the main room here makes the scares okay at best. The mirror trick at the end doesn't work as well it should due to the proximity of exterior light and scuffs on the mirror. Why wasn't a real chainsaw used? The toy one hardly makes any sound, it's weak. Finale suffers.

-Okay... so... in summary there, the costuming is inconsistent (ahem Valentines & Independence) but the rest is brilliant. Scares are great in all but a couple rooms, and thankfully the black humor is omnipresent.

-Oh... and the GORE! Man was it everywhere! I seriously thought that the dead network executive showing up dead/mutilated in every single scene was an absolutely brilliant and hilarious touch. Thanksgiving and President's Day take the cake for my favorite network executive corpses!

Suggestions for Improvement: Valentines Day guys need e-prompts of some kind... maybe a curtain for the second guy (make it a "make-out" booth?), his position is obvious. Give the Independence Day guys their poppers back, same with the Pilgrim and his gun. Make the "bomb" guest-activated or reduce the timer, it's too funny an effect to be missed by so many. If at all possible, use a different costume or a real chainsaw for the final mirror scare? Ops in this house: please tone it down a little, you guys were the most aggressive and overbearing of the ops I encountered this weekend. It was almost impossible to enjoy this house (to the point where ops were actually blocking the scare actors). There was actually a group ahead of me verbally complaining about the ops as we exited the house, and I echo their displeasure.

Facade: B+

Sets: A

Costumes: A-

Atmosphere: A

Scares: B

Finale: C

Opening Weekend Grade: B+

H.R. Bloodngutz

-Comedy houses have been very inconsistent with me, but I will say that the queue video for this house is possibly one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. To the actor (who I understand plays one of the Beatlejuices and often is in the Horror Make-Up Show), brilliant portrayal. To the writers: well-done, please take some of your talents over to Bill & Ted. This video will make any waits in this house much more bearable

-Love the cheesiness of the facade and the little wink-wink touches (Carey Ohio, Station 21, etc.)

-Let's just go through each room separately since they're very different

Halloween: Great set, the Bloodngutz are great comedic actors. What does that red button do?

Valentines Day: Love the sets & details. Costumes are just okay, and the scares aren't great since your hiding spots are poor/no e-prompts

Independence Day: Possibly my least favorite scene in any HHN house. Man, I feel bad for you two actors in here. The set is decent, but your costumes are dreadful. On 9/24 you didn't even have your poppers, giving you almost no capacity to scare. Where'd your poppers go?

Easter: I'm not sure I really "get" the the Peeps guy (is he being eaten?) but it made me laugh nonetheless. Feaster Bunny is priceless, Hay guy has a nice scare. Some fun details (the skull-eggs are brilliant and I hope they stay working)

-St. Patrick's Day: Scariest room in the house, easily. They've got a great set-up with a wonderfully lit and decorated room (golden skeletons = awesome!) Your costumes are also very freaky. My favorite room if you couldn't tell

-President's Day: Probably my 2nd favorite room. Lincoln and Washington's costumes are all kinds of awesome, the set is great, and the "bomb" (though it needs to go off more often, or be guest-activated) is a real treat. Good scares here.

-Arbor Day: Brilliant in its zaniness. They got lucky by casting a pair of wonderfully demented girls who really sell the room, and the Tree is awesome when an Ops person isn't screaming at you to catch up to the person 3 feet in front of you.

-Thanksgiving: Awesome awesome awesome. The scent makes the room 10x better, Pocahontas can get some really nice scares, and the Pilgrim is good too... however on 9/24 he didn't have his gun. Please tell me that's coming back? It had the "pop" sound effect that makes up half his scare.

-Christmas: This room honestly should've been better. The set is wonderful, but 3 Elves (who mind you have a hilarious costume) who look exactly alike was a mistake... a crazy Rudolph or killer Frosty should've been the "final" scare. No e-prompts in the main room here makes the scares okay at best. The mirror trick at the end doesn't work as well it should due to the proximity of exterior light and scuffs on the mirror. Why wasn't a real chainsaw used? The toy one hardly makes any sound, it's weak. Finale suffers.

-Okay... so... in summary there, the costuming is inconsistent (ahem Valentines & Independence) but the rest is brilliant. Scares are great in all but a couple rooms, and thankfully the black humor is omnipresent.

-Oh... and the GORE! Man was it everywhere! I seriously thought that the dead network executive showing up dead/mutilated in every single scene was an absolutely brilliant and hilarious touch. Thanksgiving and President's Day take the cake for my favorite network executive corpses!

Suggestions for Improvement: Valentines Day guys need e-prompts of some kind... maybe a curtain for the second guy (make it a "make-out" booth?), his position is obvious. Give the Independence Day guys their poppers back, same with the Pilgrim and his gun. Make the "bomb" guest-activated or reduce the timer, it's too funny an effect to be missed by so many. If at all possible, use a different costume or a real chainsaw for the final mirror scare? Ops in this house: please tone it down a little, you guys were the most aggressive and overbearing of the ops I encountered this weekend. It was almost impossible to enjoy this house (to the point where ops were actually blocking the scare actors). There was actually a group ahead of me verbally complaining about the ops as we exited the house, and I echo their displeasure.

Facade: B+

Sets: A

Costumes: A-

Atmosphere: A

Scares: B

Finale: C

Opening Weekend Grade: B+

Edited by SHOE

I'm determined to find out the names of the movies in this house! If you know one let me know please! Here's what I have so far:

SPOILER WARNING

Easter - The Feaster Bunny

Thanksgiving - Thankskilling

4th of July -

Presidents day -

St. Patrick's Day -

Valentines Day - V Day II: The Reckoning

Christmas - Ho Ho Homicide

As said before Undead President's Day II:The Reelection and the one i found was St.Patrick's Day:Get Lucked also your missing Arbor Day sorry i don't know that one either.

I can't believe nobody has even mentioned this before, but in a house full of holidays...where is Halloween?

i think they were trying to go for holidays normally not associated with horror. halloween is scary already, so it wouldnt be very comedic to be in that house.

I think Valentine's is VD II: The Recurrence :)

Yes you are right. Didn't see the list too closely. Went today and heard the other two that are missing so the completed list is (in order):

Valentine's Day:VD II: The Recurrence

Independence Day/4th of July: Uncle Sam Wants You!

Easter: The Feaster Bunny

Arbor Day: When the Bowels/Boughs Break The Limbs Will Fall...Off (think Rock-a-bye baby)

St Patrick's Day: St. Patrick's Day:Get Lucked

President's Day: Undead President's Day II: The Reelection

Thanksgiving:Thankskilling (bleeped out outside because of another movie having the same title perhaps copyright issue but trust me the movie isn't good anyways)

Christmas:Ho Ho Homicide

Edited by CinemaOfTheDead

I asked him what the H.R. stands for... his answer... "if I tell you I've have to kill you "...

LOVED the house! Very creative and well done...

I'm glad they didn't. After all, it's Halloween Horror Nights, so anything Halloween based would have been redundant.

This house was a surprise for me. When I read the description, I expected it to be a Christmas themed house, just because when someone mentions "holidays" in that context, the Christmas season is usually what jumps to mind. Then I got there, and it ended up being a little bit of everything, and it was probably one of the most fun houses I can remember. I especially liked the video segments they have playing in the que. Speaking of which, if those ever find their way onto internet, would someone be a lamb and let me know where to find them?

This house is so much fun! Didn't remember my first time though, thanks to a few too many drinks. Missed the Easter Bunny on the 2nd go through, but saw him last night. Loved the presidents room. I knew Abe was scary so I yelled for him as I entered and he jumped out. Fantastic! Then George got me good as well. Great house! Really enjoyed it! Poor Santa though, ;)

The videos on the TV throughout the house are just the snippets from the queue video that they have make fuzzy and added the "Please Stand By" screen to. I know the queue video is on YouTube as I have seen it.

I have only found snippets of the queue video. Have you found one that has the entire thing? I'd love to see it.

Edited by April

The videos on the TV throughout the house are just the snippets from the queue video that they have make fuzzy and added the "Please Stand By" screen to. I know the queue video is on YouTube as I have seen it.

The queue video is actually what I was referring to, though now that you mention it, the videos that appears inside the house before a given room seem to differ from the queue video, seem to give a more detailed description of whatever movie we're supposed to be in, and don't feature HR Puffinstuff torturing his producer.

I'm glad they didn't. After all, it's Halloween Horror Nights, so anything Halloween based would have been redundant.

This house was a surprise for me. When I read the description, I expected it to be a Christmas themed house, just because when someone mentions "holidays" in that context, the Christmas season is usually what jumps to mind. Then I got there, and it ended up being a little bit of everything, and it was probably one of the most fun houses I can remember. I especially liked the video segments they have playing in the que. Speaking of which, if those ever find their way onto internet, would someone be a lamb and let me know where to find them?

I dont think a halloween room would be redundant, they could have done a colorful and funny halloween room, something silly, with trick or treaters maybe killing someone that didnt give candy, or am adult halloween party gone wrong, i dont know that's how i feel it,

Edited by black mask

• Mark M. changed the title to H.R. Bloodengutz: Holidays of Horror