H.R. Bloodengutz: Holidays of Horror

Mark M.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arbor Day MADE this house for me. If I hadn't just happen to look towards a certain scare right before that certain thing(I don't want to say what it is) lunged at me I would have easily been on the floor in the fecal position. "You mean fetal position?" "No." *both shake head in shame*

Edited by bmoz628

I am holding out hope for this house. I have said it in chats before but I think this house sounds really cool. It just has stiff competition with the other awesome houses. The idea about holidays gone wrong is very exciting! There has to be a house that is at the bottom of your list and this year it probably will be this house. Maybe in an off year Bloodenguts would be a stellar house at the top of people's list. I will post after September 29th!

I really liked this house. Seems like the past 3 years that spot is for a house the is sort of scary/funny 09 was Leave It To Cleaver, 10 was Zombie Geddon and this year with H.R, I loved the video in the Que line that was cool. I laughed my fool head of in this house. Really enjoyed it. The best part was the severed santa head

Thought this house was great! Kudos especially to Abe who scared my wife while George acted as his wingman and came at me with the hatchet. Gotta love the dead presidents!

My only complaint: There was a shift change that walked right alongside the line while we were waiting in the queue and we got an unexpected (and unwanted) preview of the characters in the house. It did detract from the experience a bit. I wish they would change out the scareactors out of sight of those waiting in line. I think it's especially important in this house because a big part of the "charm" is the costuming for the different holidays.

Thought this house was great! Kudos especially to Abe who scared my wife while George acted as his wingman and came at me with the hatchet. Gotta love the dead presidents!

My only complaint: There was a shift change that walked right alongside the line while we were waiting in the queue and we got an unexpected (and unwanted) preview of the characters in the house. It did detract from the experience a bit. I wish they would change out the scareactors out of sight of those waiting in line. I think it's especially important in this house because a big part of the "charm" is the costuming for the different holidays.

There is no other way for us to take. Trust me, i would love to walk by and not have to hear the stupid guest comments. I wish there were.

And yes the button in the Presidents room to confirm with Tman, does absolutely nothing, our effect in the room is completely on a timer that is spread way too far out, hopefully you catch it when you come through.

Haven't seen this house yet, but I have high hopes for it (and as a child of the 60s/70s, I'd love to see them do an acid-trippy H R Puffnstuff house in the future...Sid & Marty Kroft shows were downright scary). I loved Home for the Holidays, and although Cleaver did nothing for me at the beginning of the event, it was my favorite by the end. I loved Sam Meetz and got some quality scares in the last part of that house.

I've always been a fan of holiday mashups, probably starting when I was a kid and fell in love with the Rankin-Bass "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." To see that sort of thing gone very wrong, combined with a cheesy horror show host (I grew up with Svengoolie in Chicago) appeals to me on many levels.

This is probably my favorite fun house since 08. Both casts in president room is amazing and has got me.

Overall, almost all the rooms are awesome. If I had one complaint, it'd be the ops on most of my trips through. For one, when I went to enter one of the runs I was being yelled at to get in a single file line when about to enter the house. For two, the ops in this house seemed to be very focused on making sure everyone was rushing through the house.

I've always been a fan of holiday mashups, probably starting when I was a kid and fell in love with the Rankin-Bass "Here Comes Peter Cottontail." To see that sort of thing gone very wrong, combined with a cheesy horror show host (I grew up with Svengoolie in Chicago) appeals to me on many levels.

SVENGOOLIE!!!!!!!!! I loved that guy and it's the big reason I'm looking forward to this house! Chicago represent!!!! :D

I am looking forward to this house mostly for the theme of holidays gone wrong. Sounds like it takes a few trips through to see all the effects?

We must have gone through this house at the wrong time, because we seemed to miss all of the actors. It had a few good things, but we weren't huge fans. the few costumes I saw were funny though, and I'll definitely give it another chance this weekend.

I'm determined to find out the names of the movies in this house! If you know one let me know please! Here's what I have so far:

SPOILER WARNING

Easter - The Feaster Bunny

Thanksgiving - Thankskilling

4th of July -

Presidents day -

St. Patrick's Day -

Valentines Day - V Day II: The Reckoning

Christmas - Ho Ho Homicide

I'm determined to find out the names of the movies in this house! If you know one let me know please! Here's what I have so far:

SPOILER WARNING

Easter - The Feaster Bunny

Thanksgiving - Thankskilling

4th of July -

Presidents day -

St. Patrick's Day -

Valentines Day - V Day II: The Reckoning

Christmas - Ho Ho Homicide

I've seen a video on YouTube of a queue video for H.R. Bloodengutz where the name given for the President's Day film is Undead President's Day II: the Re-Election.

If I hear any of the names I'll be sure to write them down.

Funny how this year houses keep getting better. At first I did not like this house but after a few times through. I do love this house. The concept is so simply yet effective and for a Disaster house. It's design is good. Even from the little side tv set-ups between each movie set. I now understand it's a fun house and that's what I have while going through it. How could you not laugh at the last two scenes.

• Mark M. changed the title to H.R. Bloodengutz: Holidays of Horror