Nightingales: Blood Prey

Mark M.

Possibly the scariest house of this year I think. Very well done, and really intense. The first time through was great. Actors and actresses were very energized and crazy. Loved the ripping scene, and the scene where there's a monster in front of you and then another to your right. Literally scared the shit out of me. Although, I will say, one of the casts literally, for the most part, sits and looks at you. It's like night and day between the two, and it certainly wasn't just the one time we went through because we did this house numerous times. Not sure why they're so boring and not into their roles.

Overall this house is awesome. Very, very well done.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best moment in this house, looking up where the dead horse is, where I know an actress will be, and seeing her from behind, chilling out, drinking a coke.

I WONDER WHICH CAST -

I did have an opportunity to do this house twice on Sunday, one on each cast. The difference is night and day. I did get to see the rip scene for the 3rd time, which was fun.

(For the record - even in the "bad" cast, there were some very talented scare actresses that were going nuts @ my Nightmares shirt. I appreciate you ladies for working. But sadly a majority of that cast just seems bored.)

I WONDER WHICH CAST -

I did have an opportunity to do this house twice on Sunday, one on each cast. The difference is night and day. I did get to see the rip scene for the 3rd time, which was fun.

(For the record - even in the "bad" cast, there were some very talented scare actresses that were going nuts @ my Nightmares shirt. I appreciate you ladies for working. But sadly a majority of that cast just seems bored.)

I don't know how to identify the two casts, so I really couldn't say. I've always wondered ow people can tell cast A from cast B in these houses. The rest of the cast seemed, pretty on the ball (except for the banshee-soldier, he never even pretends to try), so maybe that actress was just thirsty...

Out of the two cast. I would say seeing the effect with the white solider is the key. He does a good acting job before the effect thus making everything seem so real.

I Finally Saw ittoo! and I saw him, he was telling the crowd to move on keep moving and then BAM ripped in half, lol,

Friday night, I finally saw the rip when I WASN'T behind Aiello. Fabulous - the actor sold it so well, this is such a stunner of an effect.

It also seemed a lot darker this run through (and the sun had just recently gone down, so I don't believe it was the "blinded sun eyes" factor). Not a complaint at all, I like it both darker and lighter.

The cast seemed more intense as well - this may be part of the differences in casts that I've seen mentioned previously, although I have gotten enjoyment from all of my runs through here. And I always appreciate getting the horse blood squirted on me ;).

I went with my friend who says that he never gets scared of anything, first time in hhn, we did forsaken and winters night, he was okay, no problem, didnt really get scared,

We went to This house, he lost it, he got scared, to the point that he wanted to leave, the last scare with the girl in the roof flying, he almost felt backwards because he got so scared, he said he's never been this scared, later at night this line was really short, i asked him if he wanted to go back, he was like Nope! LOL :)

I think they must have upped the frequency with which they do the rip scene, because last Sunday I almost caught it twice in one run. :D

Nobody likes a bragger!

As for this house being the scariest, I have to say it's second to Nevermore, but to each their own. Still loved it though. So simple yet effective.

The ripped away scene is rather hard to catch considering the amount of pain they go through frequently. I can vouch for both men when i say this. There is a ramp that they constantly get bangs and bruises from and even with knee pads, doing it a whole month in 45 minute shifts still kicks your ass. The work out is pretty killer. I'm just backing up the men just to clarify why this is so hard. Also, if not answered, its an all girls house except for the 4 men acting as the soldiers. Other then that clarification. I absolutely LOVE this house. These girls kill it and i love walking through and hearing those men suffer. Thats when it gets good.

Edited by Katz

The ripped away scene is rather hard to catch considering the amount of pain they go through frequently. I can vouch for both men when i say this. There is a ramp that they constantly get bangs and bruises from and even with knee pads, doing it a whole month in 45 minute shifts still kicks your ass. The work out is pretty killer. I'm just backing up the men just to clarify why this is so hard. Also, if not answered, its an all girls house except for the 4 men acting as the soldiers. Other then that clarification. I absolutely LOVE this house. These girls kill it and i love walking through and hearing those men suffer. Thats when it gets good.

wow, again is great to hear stuff like this, If this was such a hard stunt i think Uni should have planned it better, i wonder what other type of injuries occur at HHN just from doing their job, anyway, the stunt is cool but I never thought about them getting hurt, but the one i dont get is why one of the guys would never do anything in between, even if i didnt see the effect he could have at least act scared or act like he was shooting the nightingale to his side, anything really

wow, again is great to hear stuff like this, If this was such a hard stunt i think Uni should have planned it better, i wonder what other type of injuries occur at HHN just from doing their job, anyway, the stunt is cool but I never thought about them getting hurt, but the one i dont get is why one of the guys would never do anything in between, even if i didnt see the effect he could have at least act scared or act like he was shooting the nightingale to his side, anything really

I've seen them get pretty animated in between dismemberments.

We've been through this house an average of twice per night, and I think we've only missed two FF+ nights, yet I've only seen the rip twice. We usually end up with the lackluster cast too, although I'm not sure if it's A or B. I should have noticed earlier in the year so we could have timed it for the more active one; I've gotten some good scares from them. But I really wish Uni would not do timing scares that take so damn long to reset. I remember thinking Wolfman sucked for a long time till I caught the two great-but-forever-to-reset bits.

I've seen them get pretty animated in between dismemberments.

i must have been unlucky, well, I guess is not fair for me to say this, because I always kept getting the same guy, I guess i always went around the same time without noticing, but he was always serious, I still think is a cool stunt but sounds like it was problematic

I thought it was going to be lackluster last night, but we went through and I saw a soldier in one of the hammocks. That threw me, since I haven't seen anyone in those since the beginning of the season. So I'm gaping at him, and he suddenly attacks, Yikes! Didn't see the rip, as usual, but that was a good scare because it was so unexpected.

Ok, I'm going openly talk about the house right quick. 1. As it has been said, the ripped away scene takes time to reset and also takes a toll on the scareactor. What makes it even more difficult is when one of those boys has a knee injury. You guys think they are being lazy when they are actually in pain which brings me to point number two. All of you who posted with the whole " One cast is better than the other" thing do not realize the amount of drama and problems it starts. Aside from that, we loved seeing you guys walk through and appreciate the feed back though i felt that a little defense was needed. All of us in the house have bruises, cuts, injuries across the board. Through the punching, spitting, frontal nudity, kicking, set-to-head style, we all kept our heads up through the entire run best we could. Thanks for a great year guys.

No defense needed, at least not to me. The hubs and I were just talking about how all the scareactors must now be nursing their bruises, bumps, and other post-HHN injuries. I actually saw a drunk hit a SA in the head in one house for no reason, and of course when Ops was not around. I blame Uni rather than the SAs for making physically demanding, long to reset (although very cool) effects.

Ok, I'm going openly talk about the house right quick. 1. As it has been said, the ripped away scene takes time to reset and also takes a toll on the scareactor. What makes it even more difficult is when one of those boys has a knee injury. You guys think they are being lazy when they are actually in pain which brings me to point number two. All of you who posted with the whole " One cast is better than the other" thing do not realize the amount of drama and problems it starts. Aside from that, we loved seeing you guys walk through and appreciate the feed back though i felt that a little defense was needed. All of us in the house have bruises, cuts, injuries across the board. Through the punching, spitting, frontal nudity, kicking, set-to-head style, we all kept our heads up through the entire run best we could. Thanks for a great year guys.

knee injury? now I feel terrible, if they are going to bring that scare back they seriously need to fix it then.

and wait, frontal nudity? wtf?

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Prey