Nightingales: Blood Prey

Mark M.

ATTENTION BOTH CASTS OF THIS HOUSE!!!

I have attended HHN 21 for 6 nights so far and expect to go again tonight if it doesn't rain all day like yesterday.

I have been through your house now about 9 or 10 times, and it would be one of my favorite houses except...

There is this ONE SCARE, it involves a soldier standing at the end of a long "corridor" like room as the guests approach and he apparently gets attacked by a Nightingale from behind... you know the scare I mean? Some call it the "rip scene" It is supposedly one of the main highlights of the house...

I say APPARENTLY and SUPPOSEDLY because in all the times I have gone back into this house over and over again I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS EFFING SCARE ONCE!!!!!!

Every damn time the scare does not happen until JUST AFTER I GO INTO THE NEXT ROOM! EVERY FRICKING TIME!!!

And when I try to linger... it isn't the ops people who rush me along... IT'S THE SCAREACTOR PLAYING THE SOLDIER!!! Both of them from each cast, the black guy and the white guy!

I do not know why you don't want me to see your scare, because that's they way I feel about this now, it's happened too many times so I really am feeling it's deliberate.

Last night the guy actually said to me "what are you looking at?"

WHAT KIND OF SCAREACTING IS THAT??? NOT LETTING A GUEST ENJOY A SCARE???

I really am feeling singled out by this treatment. Let me tell you this, if you see me coming down that line again... DO THE SCARE BEFORE I LEAVE THE ROOM!!! Or I swear I will post the most vicious negative review imaginable EVERYWHERE I can, from YouTube to Facebook. Got it?

seems like that scare is reserved for a selected few who are worthy,

I Was Chosen to see this scare, But I don't know if it was just me but, I think they squirted water so, they did the scare in front of me and the water went in my eyes, or maybe it was the water from my poncho, either way, i missed it in the stupidest way possible,

this house is kinda starting to feel like the Orphanage last year, the sets are amazing but now that I pay closer attention there seems to be a couple of dead zones here and there, like, couple of places with no actors or anything, and, some scares take a while to set, The actors in the beginning do a good job, the gas mask guy and the nightingale, the girl with the horse, great job, the girl standing on the corpses room good job too, but then there are other spots where i never see an actor, ever, or boo holes where i never see an actor coming to scare people,

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Favorite house of the night. Went through twice and scared the shit out of me twice. The sets as it's been said were fantastic. It seemed like Uni might have reused Wolfman walls and just put wood up in front (rock walls, I mean) but it worked, and I loved it. Great job to whichever cast I had!

HOWEVER. My brother was lucky enough to see this "rip scene" and he was right behind me. The problem with this effect is that it's at the end of a corridor. If it was placed differently in the house, to where the entire line of people in the room could see the effect it would be appreciated by a lot more people. When my brother told me what happened outside the house, I was so frustrated I didn't see it. Then, second tome through in the night, there was no body even there (assuming they just got done doing the effect). That one complaint aside, I loved this house. Top of the list for me!

Don't feel quite as singled out now, as a LOT of others have read this and told me they have had the same experience of going through many many times and never seeing the scene.

To reiterate: when I made my original post yesterday, it was after being completely soaked to the skin and miserable on saturday night and there were other factors that could have raised a feeling of "paranoia" with me.

Thus I no longer feel any sense of anybody in the casts of this house deliberately preventing myself or anybody else from enjoying a scare. Still haven't seen it yet, though. grumble, grumble, fuss, fuss.

To reiterate: when I made my original post yesterday, it was after being completely soaked to the skin and miserable on saturday night and there were other factors that could have raised a feeling of "paranoia" with me.

Thus I no longer feel any sense of anybody in the casts of this house deliberately preventing myself or anybody else from enjoying a scare. Still haven't seen it yet, though. grumble, grumble, fuss, fuss.

but you were right, that scare happens every 30 minutes or something

30 minutes? wat?

well, i was just exaggerating but, when I do this house sometimes i do it 3 or 4 times in a row, and out of the 4 times, I never see the scare not even once, not even behind me, so I really dont know how much they do it but, every time i go i just see an actor there, well he's not even acting most of the time, just standing, thats it,

From now on, as soon as I get in that hallway, I will slow my pace.

If the soldier is at the end of the hallway, I will walk as slowly as possible to try and catch the scene face-on. Last time he was there and I "converged" with the group behind me in order to catch it haha.

I still have yet to see if right in front of me though, which is my number 1 goal for when I go back on Oct 21st.

Out of the two cast. One will say stuff and interact and the other one will stand there (no acting what so ever) if I had to give it a time stamp maybe every 8-10mins it happens. Best of luck to everybody trying to catch it.

Can anyone explain what is the large generator sound post to be in the "hospital" scene?

Out of the two cast. One will say stuff and interact and the other one will stand there (no acting what so ever) if I had to give it a time stamp maybe every 8-10mins it happens. Best of luck to everybody trying to catch it.

Can anyone explain what is the large generator sound post to be in the "hospital" scene?

Good Question!

I was curious about this but never really thought about it

Could someone Please PM about which cast is the good one? :o

If the soldier is at the end of the hallway, I will walk as slowly as possible to try and catch the scene face-on. Last time he was there and I "converged" with the group behind me in order to catch it haha.

I still have yet to see if right in front of me though, which is my number 1 goal for when I go back on Oct 21st.

The only time I've seen the scare was when I was unknowingly right behind Mike Aiello. Clearly they did it for him and his group, I was just fortunate to be right behind the right person.

What is the guy in the second room with the gas mask and the weird jaw? (Not the one shooting but the one that comes out of the shadows). Black Mask and I were discussing how odd it was and the confusion on what he was supposed to be when we went thorugh it Friday. No other soldier scareactor shows physical damage.

What is the guy in the second room with the gas mask and the weird jaw? (Not the one shooting but the one that comes out of the shadows). Black Mask and I were discussing how odd it was and the confusion on what he was supposed to be when we went thorugh it Friday. No other soldier scareactor shows physical damage.

yeah that soldier with the Gas mask but the ripped Jaw is weird to me, he is not a nightingale, but, he comes out to scare you, is he just a victim?

Good question also. I really don't know what he's doing there. My guess is he's a victim but he's so hidden in darkness I can never see the rip-jaw mask on him. Anybody seen the actor in the bunker? Sometimes he's there and a lot of times he's not. It's a good scare but I guess it creatres problem with guest and what not.

Theirs also a change in the tent-part of the house. The nightingale use to come out from the flap and do a scare though now she's just eating on the body.

As far as atmosphere goes, this house was terrifying. Amazing sets and sound effects made it feel like you were really in the trenches, and the music was perfect for instilling that sense of panic. If you got the scares, that made it even better. Speaking of which, and I know I risk being flamed by saying this, the cast you got made a big difference in this house. One of them was really good, one of them... I hate to say this, but I felt like they weren't trying as hard. I'm not saying which one.

Most people know about this, but if you haven't gone yet: make sure you look up in this house! There's a cool scene near the end and I couldn't believe how many people completely ignored it. BTW, I am SO jealous of everyone who got to see

the guy getting ripped in half!

I came through 12 times and never saw it. :( Sounds like it was really disturbing, and the kind of thing that would stick with you.

Oh, and Funny Moment of the Weekend went to this house when a Nightingale scared the Hispanic guy behind me so badly he yelled something rude in Spanish. I won't be repeating it, but it had me laughing for the rest of the night! You just had to be there.

As far as atmosphere goes, this house was terrifying. Amazing sets and sound effects made it feel like you were really in the trenches, and the music was perfect for instilling that sense of panic. If you got the scares, that made it even better. Speaking of which, and I know I risk being flamed by saying this, the cast you got made a big difference in this house. One of them was really good, one of them... I hate to say this, but I felt like they weren't trying as hard. I'm not saying which one.

Most people know about this, but if you haven't gone yet: make sure you look up in this house! There's a cool scene near the end and I couldn't believe how many people completely ignored it. BTW, I am SO jealous of everyone who got to see

the guy getting ripped in half!

I came through 12 times and never saw it. :( Sounds like it was really disturbing, and the kind of thing that would stick with you.

Oh, and Funny Moment of the Weekend went to this house when a Nightingale scared the Hispanic guy behind me so badly he yelled something rude in Spanish. I won't be repeating it, but it had me laughing for the rest of the night! You just had to be there.

The scene, which I have still missed after 10 -11 times, is not near the end, but near the beginning. After you walk under the tank and enter headquarters where you should meet two gas-masked doughboys and a nightingale you turn down a long trench where a lone soldier stands... this is where the scene takes place.

Hopefully tonight at last I will finally be able to see it??? Only if Lady Luck smiles on me apparently!!! This is harder than winning Loose Cannon!

Saw it all 3 times right in from of my face! Best scene ever!

The scene, which I have still missed after 10 -11 times, is not near the end, but near the beginning. After you walk under the tank and enter headquarters where you should meet two gas-masked doughboys and a nightingale you turn down a long trench where a lone soldier stands... this is where the scene takes place.

Hopefully tonight at last I will finally be able to see it??? Only if Lady Luck smiles on me apparently!!! This is harder than winning Loose Cannon!

did you see the scene? did you see it?

LOL I went tonight and The Actor Was Gone!

all there was, was his bloody legs, i dont think it was a cast change either, all the other actors were in place

I got more scares this time, the actors got me good a couple of times, But like I said before, besides the amazing sets, this house to me still feels like Orfanage from last year, with a lot of dead spots

Very interesting tonight!

I was about halfway down the hall walking towards the soldier when it happened. When I finally got up to him, he was already back and telling people to hurry along. I swear that as I was turning the corner to go into the next room, I heard the audio that's played when it happens, so if I'm right, it literally happened twice within like 2 minutes?

However, on my first run, I didn't see the effect happen.

Out of the two cast. I would say seeing the effect with the white solider is the key. He does a good acting job before the effect thus making everything seem so real. The other person just stands there and bores me thus leaving me not excited for the rest of the house. As to the actress in the bunker scene. The last one in that room. Please and this is coming from one actor to another. Don't crawl on the floor. It's very unsafe. I can just see a person kicking you or totally just missing you as a scare.

Out of the two cast. I would say seeing the effect with the white solider is the key. He does a good acting job before the effect thus making everything seem so real. The other person just stands there and bores me thus leaving me not excited for the rest of the house.

Eh, I saw him getting into it.

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Prey