Nightingales: Blood Prey

Mark M.

Listening to A&D talk about the concept for this house at the tweetup I really believe we will see sequels in the future.

The Nightingales during different destructive events.

I had had this notion from the get go. They fit a little more seamlessly than the Gentleman into different eras as they blend in with the existing carnage, whereas the Gentleman are the direct source of it. One thing I'd maybe like to see later on would be the Nightingales taking to Salem, Massachusetts amid the witch trials or feasting during the fall of Pompeii.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had had this notion from the get go. They fit a little more seamlessly than the Gentleman into different eras as they blend in with the existing carnage, whereas the Gentleman are the direct source of it. One thing I'd maybe like to see later on would be the Nightingales taking to Salem, Massachusetts amid the witch trials or feasting during the fall of Pompeii.

I like the idea of Nightingales during the witch trials. Would most definitely make an awesome haunted house.

Edited by cwoolboy

So on Friday in History class, my teacher mentioned Florence Nightingale, and I immediately thought of this house. Then I wondered... was Florence herself a Nightingale? Maybe the first one? I know she's famous for laying the foundation for nursing as a profession, but with all the wounded she treated, she definitely could have picked off a few without anyone noticing. She was even dubbed "The Lady with the Lamp" because she would make rounds to check on the sick and injured at night. Don't the Nightingale's work at night?

HHN fodder if you ask me.

Listening to A&D talk about the concept for this house at the tweetup I really believe we will see sequels in the future.

The Nightingales during different destructive events.

Anytime a house can produce a sequel and a long term storyline, that to me is just a bonus in itself. Screamhouse will go down as my favorite sequel house/storyline thus far in HHN history...I'll be curious to see if this one winds up on my list as well.

Another one of the best houses of the night!!!! LOVE the opening/facade. The whole house really makes you feel like there is a war going on all around you. The Nightingales were pretty intense, and definitely got the job done....truly scary things I WOULD NOT want to fuck with. I like how we see them attacking some of the soldiers (I remember one reaching out for help and screaming as he was dragged backwards). I could go on and on, this house is just so unbelievably fantastic in every single way...I LOVE THE HELL OUT OF IT!!! Definitely a toss up between this and Poe for best house of the night. (I like to imagine the one remaining victim in the hospital is Edmund)

actually yes

i have to say this is the first time in a house that i actually felt, Not fear but a feeling of helplessness and a feeling of being vulnerable, seeing soldiers with guns being eaten while you are there, felt really, again, not scary but a stronger feeling of vulnerability , those Nightingales are really scary, this could well be a really good horror movie if they made one,

I have said this before there seems to be no creativity when it comes to horror movies nowdays but, A LOT of houses that HHN does I could see as amazing movies, like catacombs, like this house, this house has a movie quality feel to it,

is just amazing

Edited by black mask

went again, this house is so freaky, o my god,

but I have to say, I went 3 different times, and all 3 times, some nightingales did not try to scare the people in front or back of me, Im not saying scare me because, I actually rather want to see them scare the people in front of me, so that i can see their costumes, but, a few of the actors were just standing in their holes, something similar happened in the thing, but this did not happen in forsaken or Saws and steam or Poe, only these two The Thing and Nightingales, some of the actors just kinda stand there either hiding or looking at you, there was a woman screaming behind me i was sure they would try to scare her but not even, not sure why,

I thought maybe this was normal, but then in Poe I got to see every actor scare someone besides me, saws and steam the same, saw All the actors actually, a lot of them went to scare me which was nice, but i can be happy with just seeing them scare someone in front of me,

Winters night, most actors scared people in front of me too, only a couple that didn't

In this house most of the actors were good, just wondering why the slower scare rate for this house

Edited by black mask

We had a GREAT run through this house on Friday night (9/23) around 10:45PM.

Saturday night, it was a little bit of a letdown. We hit it pretty early in the night (a little after 7) and either caught a cast change, or every reset. My favorite scare was gone (the actor laying in the bunk bed, that offers a distraction) and the tag-team scare timing was off during our walk-through.

Determined to get another good run, we tried again later in the night and everything seemed much more on target (but still no bunk bed actor, what the hell?)

Anyone know what happend to the bunk bed guy? It was a great distraction that allowed the Nightingale hiding behind him to deliver a truly awesome, in your face scare.

Nightingales

-This house increasingly got better each time I did it

-I keep hearing about a bunk victim, but I have yet to see him - would be nice if we did, sounds like a good distraction

-I like how some nurses are only partially transformed: makes it very clear that these Nightingales are true shapeshifters. Also allows for some variety in the scare actresses; the Nightingales themselves look great, and the soldiers (love the gas masks) look spot-on!

-Return of show scenes = <3! I'm referring to the soldier facing you who is pulled back and mauled by a Nightingale as well as the machine gunner at the end.

-Facade isn't quite as epic as I expecting (tank's really right on top of you as you walk in), but the creepy half-Nightingale makes up for it

-Finale is good if you catch the machine gunning show scene. Could use one additional scare actor

-Bungee Nightingale knows how to do her stuff!

-Gore aplenty, and it's brilliantly used. It's immediately clear how lethal these creatures are.

-Great use of guns for scares/distractions. Audio everywhere else needs to be cranked up a notch, this house should be as loud as THING

-Roofs effectively used for the tent scenes - trench decorations effectively hide the fact that roofs aren't in the rest of the house (they wouldn't make sense anyway)

-Tons of scares here. Again, they got much better each time I went through. The e-prompts/noises they make are great and they're very very aggressive.

Suggestions for Improvement: Get another Nightingale at the tail end of the finale, if you miss the machine gunner ending it kind of just ends. I hope the Bungee continues to interact with the machine gunner when he isn't performing his show scene, because that was brilliant. Crank up the audio several notches to hit THING levels, we're in a warzone here.

Facade: B+

Sets: A

Costumes: A

Atmosphere: A

Scares: A

Finale: A-

Opening Weekend Grade: A

Edited by Fallow

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Prey