Nightingales: Blood Prey

Mark M.

nightingalesbloodprey.png.af5c38d562ea5112a36ce2d11b3c8506.png

Within every war, the Nightingales have appeared. Able to transform themselves to fit any setting, these savage banshees feed on the weak and the helpless. Patrolling WWI era trenches, you discover that you are more than just at war…you're being hunted.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think that is really the only answer. Once the decision was made to have a war-based houe... all they can really do is warn people and not be surprised if that happens.

I think it is awesome of you Legacy to go through and write up a report for those who may be sesitive to that kind of scenario.

I personally am pumped for this house. WWI and banshees... EPIC.

I'm not a fan of any war based themes...outside of maybe a zombie apocalypse of sorts :D

The whole war theme is used much to casually as a backdrop these days, at least in my opinion. There are so many horror elements that could be put to use in place of it.

Can't help but wonder if this haunt was inspired by the WWI trench warfare scene in Sucker Punch to any degree. Or course we don't have German soldiers made of steam and clockspring, but the overall look and feel, the fact we have not seen a WWI themed HHN attraction and the release of that movie got me thinking. Love the look of the Banshees!

I really like the concept of this house. My father is a USN Retiree and both of my great grandfathers were inWWII and my great great grandfather in WWI. I feel that it will be a good house but for people that are shell shocked... Im not sure. The day UO does a war house without a supernatural effect is the last day i go to universal.

I read through the thread, and I didn't see this mentioned yet. In the permits, elevated ceilings or some sort of alternative form of fire sprinklers were mentioned for multiple houses, yes? I think some members had speculated that it could be a hint for a lot of upswing scares this year. Anyone think that the majority of our female banshees might be pursuing us victims from above? If it's done how the wire bride in Dracula was (but with multiple actors), then it might be distracting enough to overpower the immediate setting of the house. Based off of the new clues on the website, I think we are going to be seeing mostly situational attacks. A lot of field hospital scenes in individual rooms/tents/wards/what ever you want to call them. These nurses are supposed to be slowly preying on their patients. I can't imagine too many scenes involving them going after soldiers in the field. I can't even really imagine a patient escaping their grasp either. The clues paint it as a pretty hopeless situation.

I read through the thread, and I didn't see this mentioned yet. In the permits, elevated ceilings or some sort of alternative form of fire sprinklers were mentioned for multiple houses, yes? I think some members had speculated that it could be a hint for a lot of upswing scares this year. Anyone think that the majority of our female banshees might be pursuing us victims from above? If it's done how the wire bride in Dracula was (but with multiple actors), then it might be distracting enough to overpower the immediate setting of the house. Based off of the new clues on the website, I think we are going to be seeing mostly situational attacks. A lot of field hospital scenes in individual rooms/tents/wards/what ever you want to call them. These nurses are supposed to be slowly preying on their patients. I can't imagine too many scenes involving them going after soldiers in the field. I can't even really imagine a patient escaping their grasp either. The clues paint it as a pretty hopeless situation.

Thats an awesome idea! I'm hoping to see some flying nurses/banshees in the house as well.

I have a feeling we will also see some "nurses" standing by hospital beds (backs to us) with soldiers pleading for our help, only to have the nurses(with banshee face) whip around quickly to deliver the scare. The victim/actor on the bed could queue the nurse with a certain phrase in his dialogue to indicate the best time to turn around and deliver the scare. I also anticipate seeing nurses "feasting" on dead or dying victims.

The more I learn or speculate about this house, the more excited I get :D

Thats an awesome idea! I'm hoping to see some flying nurses/banshees in the house as well.

I have a feeling we will also see some "nurses" standing by hospital beds (backs to us) with soldiers pleading for our help, only to have the nurses(with banshee face) whip around quickly to deliver the scare. The victim/actor on the bed could queue the nurse with a certain phrase in his dialogue to indicate the best time to turn around and deliver the scare. I also anticipate seeing nurses "feasting" on dead or dying victims.

The more I learn or speculate about this house, the more excited I get :D

We'll probably see nurses over the victims, but don't expect to see one with their back to you. It's a safety issue, and scareactors are taught to rarely turn their back on guests. Even in the streets, they are taught to watch who they scared until there is a safe distance.

We'll probably see nurses over the victims, but don't expect to see one with their back to you. It's a safety issue, and scareactors are taught to rarely turn their back on guests. Even in the streets, they are taught to watch who they scared until there is a safe distance.

Good call, I didn't know that.

Thanks for the explanation

Excellent breakdown of what we might see in this house! The pursuing from above concept is one that would work very well considering the theme. And I agree, I think we'll see more situational attacks and vinettes of the nurses preying on their victims. The individualized scenes can help with the overall storyline of the house but also be used as a distraction from above scares and other possible boo hole scares.

It does sound like a pretty hopeless situation as a storyline doesn't it?! LOL

I still think this will probably be the best house at the event (but Uni. may surprise me again like they did last year with Havoc).

Haha same. My least anticipated house= Havoc.

House that scared me the most and was amazing= Havoc

I am thinking either this or the Forsaken for the best house.

PS- Remember the button in Havoc, the red one? And the water sprinkle room? Those were awesome

Edited by Sohrin

• Mark M. changed the title to Nightingales: Blood Prey