Most intense scare moment?

What was your most intense Scare at HHN?

Mine wasn't even just a little scare; I started to have a panic attack and everything. It was in the Nightmare on Elm Street house back in 07. They had that mirror maze, and at one point I walked into Freddy but he wasn't really there; it was just a reflection.

That to me was just so unbelievably unnerving when it happened that I don't remember the rest of the house; I only remember trying to get the heck out of there as soon as possible.

I can't think of another time in my life I've ever been that scared to where my physiology swings all the way in to fight-or-flight.

Also close:

1- The gigantic bear in goldylocks' room in Scary Tales 08;

2- The completely dark room in Dead Exposure (also 08)

3- The first time I encountered one of those chainsaw bastards (I had no knowledge of them whatsoever).

My favorite scare that I've seen was when one of the scarecators was dressed as a tree and he jumped out and got this one girl, who immediately fell down to the ground screaming. That was hilarious. I just kept thinking "how does that fit in to human evolution?"... That tactic would get you killed if you were in real danger! What a crazy reflex!

Tree guy got me too even though I knew he was there and I had been hovering around the scarezone . . .

I could go on but I won't ... Wow, I guess there's a number of strong solid reasons that I think 07 blows everything else out of the water!

What about you? Scariest moment? Anybody else ever experience the extreme panic I had at the end of Freddy's house? That was so intense and so bad that I didn't even like it at all. It made me stay out of houses for the rest of the night.

...... that dark room in Dead Exposure with the bodies sure was a big scare though .. ...

I normally don't get huge scares. I'll jump, sure, but a full on scare rarely happens.

ONE time it did. It was in Havoc last year. It wasn't even my first time through the house. I was going through with my friends and one of them grabbed my arm behind me. I turned around to see what happened, and as I turned back to face forward, a bald woman was right in my face. It was a perfect distraction, and this excellent scareactor took advantage of it. I don't know what it was, but that scare got me so good my heart was pumping with adrenaline the whole rest of the way through the house, and afterward. For the rest of the event I never had another moment with such a perfect scare as that.

Another great scare that I loved when I got was in Catacombs last year. The room (I would guess it was about halfway through) where two or three plague doctors would get you from both sides, usually a chain reaction scare.

Throughout the rest of 2010 I consistently enjoyed Catacombs more overall than Havoc. But Havoc delivered that one perfect scare that I've never gotten anywhere else.

I haven't really had a moment at hhn that actually scared me to the point where i was legit scared cause it's all in good fun and i shake it off

but there were a couple good jumps! lol

i guess it was in 07 when they did the texas chainsaw maze,

my buddy and i were a little further behind our group coming

through the end with all the sheets on the clothes lines and when we got out

we were laughing and talking about the house and we didnt know right behind us

was leatherface and he started that saw right under my hand and i felt the

heat pumping out of the saw and it was so loud hahaha! he got us good

and thats what makes horror nights the fact that the scare actors pay such

close attention to their surroundings and know who to get at the right times.

another good one was in the dead silence house, i forget what year.

but the mirror at the end of the hall way when she was running towards

you and then out of no where she pops up behind you!

I'm really looking forward to the thing this year and the forsaken!

it looks like alot of good stuff to come this year! and i'll be 21!!

deffinetley hounding those nurses this year for some jello shots lol

Can't Wait OCT 7th!!

It takes a lot, I mean A LOT to scare me. There have been numerous times the past 20 years where I've jumped because someone startled me, but there are three specific instances that I distinctly remember having the living bejesus scared out of me.

1998 - the S.S. Frightanic: You started off with a small group of people in almost like a waiting area prior to being let into the actual house. While standing in a cirle, in the dark, you would feel something hitting the back of your ankles...something furry, but not in a good way. THAT was enough to make me scream, and as this thing hit each person in our group the frantic nature of this house escalated. One of what was probably the most simple, yet effective scares I've ever been privvy to experiencing.

2007 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: I have no problem with chainsaws, but the whole TCM concept is frightening to me. The movies creep out like there is no tomorrow and Leatherface, well, his name just states it all. Winding through the sheet/laundry area of this house, a scare actor jumped out in front of me with that Leatherface mask on, started up that chainsaw and I lost it...LOL It was like I was transported to one of those movies and there was Mr. Creepy himself wanting to say "hi".

2008 - Dead Exposure: This, for me personally, was a house that was executed in an amazing fashion. My night vision sucks to begin with, add strobe lights and I'm screwed. Every single time we went through this house, I got a good scare from someone. Hands down, another one of my favorite houses from the past several years.

As had been said by others, I too, am hard to really scare.

This one time comes to mind 08 I belive , I was waiting to get a cold beer and

finally got to place my order and get my drink, I reached for my wallet and it was

not there!!!!! I was getting freaked just when I remembered that I moved it to my

side pocket. Man that was intense.

Stay Thirsty my friend.

finally got to place my order and get my drink, I reached for my wallet and it was

not there!!!!! I was getting freaked just when I remembered that I moved it to my

Stay Thirsty my friend.

I think that is possibly the scariest story I've heard to date. The possiblity of no cold beer...gives me the heebie jeebies. ;) (Hope you are doing good my friend!)

In 2002 I was walking threw Island of Evil Souls (LC) and wasn't paying attention there was a scare actor dress dressed up like one of the rocks in the area that decided to jump out at me... I must jumped 3 feet back. Everyone that was with me started laughing... That probably one the only times something has startled me at HHN

Like hush it takes alot to scare me. But I was watching the zombies in the scare zone outside MIB in 2008 and they had them all hathered in a line like rocketts and they were being directed by a chick with a mega phone and she was having them lift their legs and turn in circles and funny stuff like that getting u off guard and she said ok now kill and they ran at the gathered crowd and I was totally not expecting this zombie to run at me and pretend to try an grab n bite me. So he scared the crap out of me.

Stay Thirsty my friend.

Oh no! Did they call the paramedics and wrap you in a warm towel and stuff? : )

It takes a lot, I mean A LOT to scare me. There have been numerous times the past 20 years where I've jumped because someone startled me, but there are three specific instances that I distinctly remember having the living bejesus scared out of me.

1998 - the S.S. Frightanic: You started off with a small group of people in almost like a waiting area prior to being let into the actual house. While standing in a cirle, in the dark, you would feel something hitting the back of your ankles...something furry, but not in a good way. THAT was enough to make me scream, and as this thing hit each person in our group the frantic nature of this house escalated. One of what was probably the most simple, yet effective scares I've ever been privvy to experiencing.

2007 - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: I have no problem with chainsaws, but the whole TCM concept is frightening to me. The movies creep out like there is no tomorrow and Leatherface, well, his name just states it all. Winding through the sheet/laundry area of this house, a scare actor jumped out in front of me with that Leatherface mask on, started up that chainsaw and I lost it...LOL It was like I was transported to one of those movies and there was Mr. Creepy himself wanting to say "hi".

2008 - Dead Exposure: This, for me personally, was a house that was executed in an amazing fashion. My night vision sucks to begin with, add strobe lights and I'm screwed. Every single time we went through this house, I got a good scare from someone. Hands down, another one of my favorite houses from the past several years.

I are confused about the Frightanic (psh, like anybody would ever sail on a ship with that name!!) : I thought they weren't allowed to touch you in any way? What was it exactly that furried your ankles?

(PS: Sure 'furried' is a word!)

I are confused about the Frightanic (psh, like anybody would ever sail on a ship with that name!!) : I thought they weren't allowed to touch you in any way? What was it exactly that furried your ankles?

(PS: Sure 'furried' is a word!)

Technically it wasn't the scareactor touching you, but a prop. And a great deal has changed over the years in terms of what is and isn't allowed in the houses. Hell, during the first few years of the event the scare actors could actually chase you. People got followed into the bathroom, restaurants, gift shops.

Of course, things have changed over the years. Guests became whiney, didn't want to be touched or chased and there went those great elements out the door.

One day people will complain about being scared and every house will just be boring, set up, scenes that depict scariness.

Mine was last year in Hallow'd Past actually. The chainsaw guy that was waiting on the side and you had to go up this little bridge and he popped out and it was so lound and so scary. i didnt expect it to happen at all ! The workers were laughing at me because i screamed like a girl :( lol

My favorite scare that i noticed was with some guy on stilts in the Twenty Years of Fear scarezone. These two cuban ladies were taking a picture of themselves not knowing this guy was in the backround and he popped into one of the ladies face and she just stood there and screamed for the longest time. She probably screamed for about 30 seconds. No lie. lol

Also my dad got scared by a little girl in the Orfanage. My dads 6'5'' and hes a firefighter and he got scared big time that the little Cindy girl started to laugh because she was shocked she scared him hahhaha

I remember in 2006 on October 13th,I think, I went into 2 houses one was PsychoPath: Return Of Norman Bates and the other one was Dungeon Of Terror: Retold, and I was really scared in both especially the Dungeon Of Terror, I was closing my eyes trying to run out as fast as I could, grabbing other people's shirt, man was it embarrassing, but of course at that time I was only 11 years old so that makes sense, but then when I went to 20 years of fear, I was nervous and startled in the first house and then I was better in the other houses I started to have fun. So now that I am 16 years old im really excited about this years event in Orlando Florida, I cant wait.

Technically it wasn't the scareactor touching you, but a prop. And a great deal has changed over the years in terms of what is and isn't allowed in the houses. Hell, during the first few years of the event the scare actors could actually chase you. People got followed into the bathroom, restaurants, gift shops.

Of course, things have changed over the years. Guests became whiney, didn't want to be touched or chased and there went those great elements out the door.

One day people will complain about being scared and every house will just be boring, set up, scenes that depict scariness.

Now that's a nightmare...i would protest until who ever mad that a reality was hung in times square...not really but i would be very very upset, we could implement a flogging though

Now that's a nightmare...i would protest until who ever mad that a reality was hung in times square...not really but i would be very very upset, we could implement a flogging though

I'm down with some flogging if necessary.

People probably complain about that already. But I highly doubt Universal is that stupid.

Oh, I can guarantee people complain about being scared. But anyone who is stupid enough to complain about being scared at a Halloween event deserves to smacked very hard.

Universal isn't about to change the overall concept of this event for such a mind numbingly silly reason! ;)

I'm down with some flogging if necessary.

Oh, I can guarantee people complain about being scared. But anyone who is stupid enough to complain about being scared at a Halloween event deserves to smacked very hard.

Universal isn't about to change the overall concept of this event for such a mind numbingly silly reason! ;)

yeah, I agree thats why they call it Halloween Horror Nights and they even got the warnings that it may be too intense so if they get scared or if their child gets scared then,well, I guess you came for what you asked for and thats to be scared but also have fun, thats what it's about.

Edited by CalifasFinest

PsychoScarepy: Maximum Madness-The whole house really scared the shit out of me to be honest. This was my first year and that house just got to me. 2 great moments. I remember walking through and Jack scaring me from like a cut out hole like below walking distance. Scared the shit out of me. As well there was a girl with a doll, and she kept petting it saying "Want to pet my dolly?" and I went to pet it and she just said "NO! Dolly doesn't like you." and for whatever reason that just stuck with me and was just so perfect for that situation.

American Gothic- one of those guys with a garden type tool scraped it across the gravel in front of me and that was the first and the last time I instinctively screamed. So kudos to that actor. Albeit, I don't remember screaming. I do have two witnesses.

Favorite scare moment was when I went through The Thing 4 times in a row all by myself.

Other than that nothing REALLY stands out.

PsychoScarepy: Maximum Madness-The whole house really scared the shit out of me to be honest. This was my first year and that house just got to me. 2 great moments. I remember walking through and Jack scaring me from like a cut out hole like below walking distance. Scared the shit out of me. As well there was a girl with a doll, and she kept petting it saying "Want to pet my dolly?" and I went to pet it and she just said "NO! Dolly doesn't like you." and for whatever reason that just stuck with me and was just so perfect for that situation.

American Gothic- one of those guys with a garden type tool scraped it across the gravel in front of me and that was the first and the last time I instinctively screamed. So kudos to that actor. Albeit, I don't remember screaming. I do have two witnesses.

Favorite scare moment was when I went through The Thing 4 times in a row all by myself.

Other than that nothing REALLY stands out.

man I really wanted to go into PsychoScareapy but I was so scared and I was only 11 years old and the only houses I went into were PsychoPath and Dungeon Of Terror, but if I could go back and go in that house I would cause I heard that PsychoScareapy Maximum Madness was one of the best of the whole PsychoScareapy houses

man I really wanted to go into PsychoScareapy but I was so scared and I was only 11 years old and the only houses I went into were PsychoPath and Dungeon Of Terror, but if I could go back and go in that house I would cause I heard that PsychoScareapy Maximum Madness was one of the best of the whole PsychoScareapy houses

I've seen 3 of the PsychoScarepy's and I can genuinely say the 3 I have seen are all solid, good houses, but they don't live up to PS:MM.

I will say this though, you did see a particularly good house that year. I am a huge fan of PsychoPath and wish they would bring that back, but, I don't think we will be seeing that for years.

As far as one house, that delivered the most on scares, overall, via my multiple run throughs is 100% Body Collectors 2. Every time I would go through that house I would easily get 2 or 3 scares. One of my all time favorite houses for that reason. Also the spine scene was just glorious.

I've seen 3 of the PsychoScarepy's and I can genuinely say the 3 I have seen are all solid, good houses, but they don't live up to PS:MM.

I will say this though, you did see a particularly good house that year. I am a huge fan of PsychoPath and wish they would bring that back, but, I don't think we will be seeing that for years.

As far as one house, that delivered the most on scares, overall, via my multiple run throughs is 100% Body Collectors 2. Every time I would go through that house I would easily get 2 or 3 scares. One of my all time favorite houses for that reason. Also the spine scene was just glorious.

yeah the Psycho Path house was pretty scary, had nice props and things like that, I went in the PsychoScareapy Echoes Of Shady Brook house last year in 2010 but I really wanted to go into the PsychoScareapy Maximum Madness but its all good, I cant wait for this year.

Really? Body Collectors? All the people I know who went through that pretty much said it was all ambiance and not so much the jump-out scares. I went through twice and the only time anyone tried anything was one of the scareactors in a corner who jumped out and dragged this huge blade across the ground. Growing up with Freddy, that sound always unnerves me.

And, yes, the spine scene. Ah, good times..... I unfortunately never got to see a real "scare" in that room, nor could I imagine one. What would it be - one of the Gentlemen standing up in the theater saying boo? I think it's way creepier to just walk through it as if it were just an ordinary lecture :)

Expectation of a "boo" can sometimes be way more effective, I think, than an actual "boo" ... The room in the Nightmare on Elm Street house with all the patients lying on the bed, for example... When I went through none of them did anything (sat up? groaned? I dont know what they did for their scare), but I think the antici-------pation was way more traumatic.

Also, RHPS reference FTW!!!

The first that pops to mind is in LT last year, I wasn't expecting the living chair and it got me good, had my heat pumping for at least ten minutes afterwards. What a rush!

OMG THAT WAS AMAZING!! One of the guys had a sadistic love of scaring the bejeebus out of poor unsuspecting girls. I saw one go to sit on his lap and she was THISCLOSE before he said something to her and she jumped literally to Mars.

Okay, not literally to Mars, but literally jumped!

Forget getting jump-scared, for me those are the scares that sell the ticket :)