Karras

129 members have voted

1. 1. Most Anticipated Scarezone?

• Your Luck Has Run Out
    • Nightmaze
    • Grown Evil
    • Canyon of Dark Souls
    • Acid Assault

1-Nightmaze- Can't wait to experience maze in the streets.

2- Grown Evil- Seems like its somewhat in a confined space. Some what like Sting Alley. Looks interesting

3- Canyon of Dark Souls- Tall looming creatures are always a plus.

4-Your Luck Has Run Out- Always enjoy icon houses and scarezones. Not sure what the atmosphere will be like. Also Lady Luck deserves her own house.

5-Acid Assault- Seems a bit too much like Containment from 2009. Should be enjoyable.

6-7- Seems like it would be good if you caught it at the right time. Seems like it would be like the Mirror Men for 2008 or Fear's minions from last year.

Here are my rankings/reasonings for the scarezones:

1. Nightmaze - I really like the concept of an ever-changing scarezone, and I hope this will be executed successfully without any issues.

2. Your Luck Has Run Out - I'm a big fan of icon areas/houses/zones, so this one is higher on my list. Would love to get a picture with Lady Luck.

3. 7 - The set changes sounds cool, and if it is taking place in Sting Alley, that's even more cool.

4. Grown Evil - The garden concept sounds interesting, and I can't wait to know more.

5. Canyon of Dark Souls - Interesting, not sure if I am looking forward to it all that much, but we'll see.

6. Acid Assault - I can see foam returning here...

1) Nightmaze- this seems like it will blow everyones mind, but everything thats usually hyped so much, ends up being really good but not enough to be amazing as for expectations...

2) Grown Evil- Somthing about trees and plants and inside a jungle or garden just freaks me out.

3)Cannon Of Dark Souls- This picture looks freaky. but kinda reminds me of coven? i hope not. that place was what i call a "fake scarezone" as it was really nothing i would wanna go through.

4) Your luck has run out- I'm excited to see what they do here. i mean i hope they do somthing like you pick which way you wanna go and theres choices you make throughout the scarezone

5)7- idk what to expect. Not much on what i know about it. I mean i see the snake and i am PRAYING THERE IS NO SPIDERS! i would flip out so much.

6) acid assault- they do a house like this every year. where some acid invades a town or somthing. i really hope its not like containment back in 19. that one was lame. that made my expectations low for the rest because it was my first time, but thank god the other scarezones were good. I just think its stupid the acid things.

1) Canyon of Dark Souls- I know not many people feel this way but I think this is an awesome concept. Really imposing cliff walls, fire, huge scare actors, scare actors on the ground. Maybe not the most scary zone but i think it will look awesome.

2) Grown Evil- I just love the whole evil garden this scare zone looks to be headed in. I think it would be cool to use kind of the same statue scare as in the Legendary Truth house last year.

3) Acid Assault- Mostly just intrigued by the 3D projections, I hope it ends up as cool as the videos because that would be awesome! The props are already looking really good too (except I think the bus looks more like its covered in jizz...).

4) Nightmaze- I'm kind of on the fence about this one... I'm hoping it turns out really cool and innovative, but I'm kind of worried about it living up to the hype...

5) Your Luck has run out- Idk I like scare zones in Sting Alley but I'm worried it will be a photo op zone more then scare zone.

6) 7- This feels to me like it might be more of another photo op zone or "show zone" and less of a scare zone...

These are just my thoughts right now :) we'll see what happens after some more construction pics in the coming weeks! :D

Is anyone else surprised that Lady Lucks scarezone "Your Luck Has Run Out" is currently the least popular zone with only 6 out of 98 votes? I wonder if this is a reflection on peoples opinion about this years icon or something else entirely? Any thoughts people?

Is anyone else surprised that Lady Lucks scarezone "Your Luck Has Run Out" is currently the least popular zone with only 6 out of 98 votes? I wonder if this is a reflection on peoples opinion about this years icon or something else entirely? Any thoughts people?

I don't think it's just that. It may be also because when you compare that zone to all the others, it doesn't stand a chance when it comes to excitement. Wether or not it will be good, we don't know yet. And we haven't seen construction on it yet so that may be a contributing factor also.

1) Acid Assault (I think this has great potential but could suck). I'm envisioning a light rain effect over the whole area uplit with green lights. At worst case, it's a great place to cool off.

2) Nightmaze (Rat-run with black walls?)

3) Grown Evil

4) Canyon of Dark Souls

5) 7 (I have no idea what this is going to be)

6) Your Luck Has Run Out (I put this last because I fear it will be used for little more than a photo-op with Lady Luck)

• 2 weeks later...

Nightmaze seems like its got EVERYONE'S attention, which means

A: People are going to flock to it, crowd it, and make it hard for the Scare zone to function as Imagined...

B: it will probably be awesome for a limited time only

I'm Hoping they prove me wrong!

1.Acid Assult- I wasn't interested at this at first because it sounded like another Containment but after the tweet up, the construction pictures, and 3D projection (made my jaw fall off for a bit because of how much i know the Tribune from regular park hours and the years of hhn) i loved the look of the scareactor and the props out and seemed like more work was put up for it and looked so great with the right lighting (which hhn always master) i can see all the more possibilities and just can't wait to see the decaying city destroyed and anarchy right infront of me.

2.Grown Evil -I just love the idea of them actually using the central park to its advantage and the props already in place makes me wonder of the creatures that lurk and central park looked very great over the years with the pumpkins from 07 so this was an excellent choice just wish its now and not 2 days... patience

3.Nightmaze- I moved this up one slot up because if 7 does tank and is actually another photo op scarezone i have to go through here. I'm just worried that i can't do this because of the whole this scarezone needs to be in dark and i always arrive pretty damn early so this wouldn't of cut if i already seen all the scareactors before they get the opportunity for a scare but i just hope the ever-changing scarezone idea is well worth the wait and hoping that the scareactors look great and not hooded or colored black camoflague and actually something terrifying.

4.Your Luck Has Run Out- hopefully one icon scarezone can be great within these current years and how much i love Lady Luck character i just wish that crowd wont only make her into a photo op invite.

5. 7-I really hate photo op areas which seem like this is it with the 3 changes but after i take my pictures ill be in much bore of the waste of an opportunity.

6. Canyon of Dark Souls- Heard that they would place many of stilt walkers here and i never get scared of stilt walker except when they are really well hidden (the "tree" scareactor in 08) and this location doesn't seem very well to hide stiltwalkers, if there is regular ground scareactors they might also be stuck in a small open location as the only thing that will interest me is the effects and i only heard of pyro which is a regular in every year of HHN so nothing too interesting here. Plus i have to make my way to go through this because how i use the inbetween exit as a shortcut into Nevermore this better be worth it.

Ideas like these make me crave hhn so much this year and i can't wait for my strolls around the park at night always exciting and abnormal to say the least.

i've never been a fan of sz's but this year they sound incredible.

1. Grown Evil: Sounds like a very great zone, with some nice costumes and scares.

2. Acid Assault: Interesting concept. hopefully its exectued right. the costumes they showed at the tweetup are sick.

3.7: This sounds like a fun zone. loved the costume changes concept. its like a progressive sz.

4. Canyon of Dark Souls: this description actually sounds scary.

5. Your Luck Has Run Out: Im sure this sz will work out fine being in SA, but im not too excited about it.

6. Nightmaze: I'm pretty certain this sz will fail in execution. its sounds excellent and scary, but the SA's are pushing the gates, so they wont be scaring much.