Halloween Animatronic Scare-acters

Like the ones in Disney World and Disneyland, Universal should have the Robotic Scare-acters walking around in the streets of Universal During Halloween Horror Nights.

Heres an example on clips from last year's D23 expo, and some others Halloween related...

Don't think that could ever happen. There would always be some stupid drunk person who would break it...

Okay I tried to look for a Video But I DONT Remember the Name of the Robot from Carnival of Carnage But We did have a guitar playing singing robot in 2007 HHN, he kinda looked like Number 5 from Short Circuit, and, he was there until the final night, no one broke him that I know of,

I think This could be very easily done and protected by metal bars or thick plastic surrounding it, I don't think if they did this in the streets they will be broken, or have a person there just like the girl was following Wall-e,

the problem is...money, I bet Uni would not spend that much for this, not only what it would cost to get, but to maintain, Hell sometimes we don't even get decent masks for the houses...(Legendary Truth) I think the reason is cost, or other problems, or they rather spend the money on making the scarezones bigger, because If you took out a scarezone for an animatronic like this, it might not be as cool

Okay I tried to look for a Video But I DONT Remember the Name of the Robot from Carnival of Carnage But We did have a guitar playing singing robot in 2007 HHN, he kinda looked like Number 5 from Short Circuit, and, he was there until the final night, no one broke him that I know of,

I think This could be very easily done and protected by metal bars or thick plastic surrounding it, I don't think if they did this in the streets they will be broken, or have a person there just like the girl was following Wall-e,

the problem is...money, I bet Uni would not spend that much for this, not only what it would cost to get, but to maintain, Hell sometimes we don't even get decent masks for the houses...(Legendary Truth) I think the reason is cost, or other problems, or they rather spend the money on making the scarezones bigger, because If you took out a scarezone for an animatronic like this, it might not be as cool

The robot from 2007 wasn't moving around though. He remained in the same spot throughout the event. I think if he was roaming around some idiot would have damaged it in some way. Just sayin... ;)

The robot from 2007 wasn't moving around though. He remained in the same spot throughout the event. I think if he was roaming around some idiot would have damaged it in some way. Just sayin... ;)

he would move his head and play the guitar, he was sitting down,

but yeah not walking around ,but, some of the examples in the halloween video were not moving around, I would think something like a big gargoyle in a scarezone would be pretty cool, like moving his arms and having wings move,

the problem is money

he would move his head and play the guitar, he was sitting down,

but yeah not walking around ,but, some of the examples in the halloween video were not moving around, I would think something like a big gargoyle in a scarezone would be pretty cool, like moving his arms and having wings move,

the problem is money

Yeah thats what I meant. He wasn't moving around the park... :D

I've always loved the ScareFactory robotics, they're amazing! I wouldn't say it's the prospect of guests breaking the devices, it's more in the cost / downtime realm. Most robotic units like that will fall in the ballpark of $2,000-$15,000+ , that's quite a few admissions for a single robotic unit not to mention maintenance. If you think about it....putting a $15,000 pneumatic / robotic unit in a single scene, in a single house and it breaks, you've essentially lost the impact of the room plus you'll have a maintenance worker visible while trying to repair the unit, or they'll leave it broken for the night. They're just risky ventures for guest satisfaction, and considering the risk involved I can see why we haven't seen them implemented. Not to mention you can typically hear the pneumatic actuation from 20ft away on most devices, that would be like hearing the chainsaw 3 scenes before it happens.

I love animatronics and I'd love to see more of them at Universal during HHN, heck i'd love to see more of the next gen animatronics like Lucky (whom I used to work with) and the Muppet Mobile Lab anywhere! I love the whole concept of the Living Character Initiative at Disney, but I agree anytime these type of characters are used they must be protected because the public ruin just about anything cool. I always wondered about that singing animatronic at HHN in 2007, I remember seeing it but it didn't do anything the whole time I was around it, even have a pic of it here somewhere. I'd love to see some creative animatronics at HHN as long as they are protected, even something as simple as the interactive Jack last year was a lot of fun, imagine that to the next level