HHN 21 RIP and Behind the Screams Tours

Not sure if anyone had noticed the new offerings for the tours this year.

We have the regular RIP tours.

Halloween Horror Nights® RIP Tours provide you with a blood-red carpet experience as you are guided through a realm of frightening monsters, terrifying maniacs and a multitude of horrors more ghastly than you can imagine. Throughout the evening you'll come face to face with nightmarish creatures, but you won't be facing your worst nightmare…waiting in line. All RIP Tours provide VIP Priority Access to the haunted houses. We currently offer two types of RIP Tours – Private and Non-Private.

We have the return of the UMH tour.

During the day, before darkness descends upon the park, you can get an inside look at this year's Halloween Horror Nights® as an RIP Guide lifts the veil, showing you the inner workings of several of this year's main attractions. You and your party, along with other Unmasking the Horror Tour guests, will be combined together and experience a guided, informational walking tour providing an overview of this year's event as well as a "Lights-on" walkthrough of select haunted houses with the opportunity to take photos/video throughout. Tours depart at 11:00am & 2:00pm on September 24, 29, 30, October 1, 2, 6, 7, 30 & 31. Tours depart at 2:00pm only on October 9, 13-16, 20-23 & 27-29. Combined groups consist of up to 15 guests and the duration of the tour is approximately 2 hours. Price: $55.00 per person, +tax

We have the Face the Fear-Makers tour.

This extended version of the Unmasking the Horror Tour also includes a question & answer session with members of the Universal Orlando® Art & Design Team (responsible for creating Halloween Horror Nights each year). You and your party, along with other Face the Fear-Makers Tour guests, will be combined together and experience a guided, informational walking tour providing an overview of this year's event as well as a "Lights-on" walkthrough of select haunted houses with the opportunity to take photos/video throughout. Tours depart at 11:00am & 2:00pm on September 28, October 5, 12, 19, & 26. Combined groups consist of up to 15 guests and the duration of the tour is approxiamately 3 hours (up to 1 hour of which will be the Q&A). Price: $85.00 per person, +tax

And the amazing sounding Arcane Insights tour.

The Arcane Insights Tour offers you the rare opportunity to spend an evening at Halloween Horror Nights®with one of the event's designers. You and your party, along with other Arcane Insights Tour guests, will be combined together to experience a structured, guided walking tour of a single Halloween Horror Nights®event night. In addition to your RIP Guide, the group will also be accompanied by a member of the Universal Orlando® Art & Design Team. As your guide leads you through the event the Art & Design Team Member will be able to provide the group with a unique look into the storylines, design and development of this year's Halloween Horror Nights®. During the tour you will be walked through all of the event scare zones and get to experience all of the haunted houses with no waiting in line.Tours depart at 7:00pm on the nights of October 7, 14, 21 & 28 only. Combined groups consist of up to 12 guests and the duration of the tour is up to 6 hours with a 30-minute break mid-way through. Price: $225.00 per person, +tax and event admission

Prices for Private and Non-Private RIP tours can be found here. HHN RIP Tours.

Arcane Insights just screams "Money Grab"

Exactly...sounds like fun, but unless I win the $200M+ PowerBall jackpot tonight, no way in hell I'd pay $225 PLUS admission.

Also, didn't the UMH tour used to cost $30 and be called "Behind the Screams"? I was looking to do that tour this year :(

Damn, 55 dollars for unmasking. I don't think I'm gonna be able to do it this year with all the people I'm going with... Oh well. And 225 for Arcane? Really? I doubt that many people are gonna pay for that one.

Haven't booked but I'll probably do the Face The Fear considering I did it last year and thought the experience was completely worth while. Especially since we got to go in Hallowed Past and the regular tour didn't and that was a much more worthwhile house to tour than Hades.

I do believe that last year's Unmasking the Horror Tour was about 50 dollars, as well. I completely see this within range. However, like many others have said, I cannot justify spending much more.

I was actually lucky enough last year to go into Hallow'd Past on the regular tour. I do not remember the reasoning, but I was not going to object.

This may sound a bit stupid, but..can I buy the unmasking ticket online? or do I have to actually call them to get my spot on a certain date?

As recently as 2 years ago, you had to request a reservation form that they'd email you and you'd fill it out (including your credit card info) and fax it back to them. It was always kinda odd.

EDIT:

Thank you for inquiring about Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights Tours.

Attached you will find an information sheet detailing the various tours we will be offering during this year’s event.

Halloween Horror Nights is one of the most popular Halloween events in the world, and tour spaces can sell out quickly for certain dates so advance reservations are strongly recommended.

Should you have any questions at all, or would like to check on tour availability for a particular date, please contact the VIP Services Office.

We are available 7 days a week, 9:00AM to 6:00PM EST, and can be reached either via phone or email.

Phone: 407-363-8295 Email: viptours@universalorlando.com

Edited by Oysterhead00

Arcane Insights just screams "Money Grab"

While I see your point, this is a combination of the normal RIP Tour ($175 already) and the Face the Fearmaker tour for 6 hours. Pretty neat if you ask me, and I plan on taking one of those for the ultimate experience. No wait for any house? Yes please.

Edited by The Dynomite Kid

Last the UTH is all 3 SS. The Facing The Fear Maker was two SS and the Parade building...

So WWI house, Thing, and Cemetery house.

For Facing The Fear Maker would be two of those (most likely the 23A/B houses) and The Pirate/shipwreck house)

That is if they do the same thing as last year.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to see some reviews of Arcane Insights, and they'd have to knock my socks off, before I'd spring that much money. I'll pop the $$ for something that's really, really, really worth it, but I can't imagine what could be so much better than the lights-on tours to justify that kind of money. It's pointless to do it for RIP access into the houses since we get Express on our FF+ anyway. Please, please, please review it in detail if you do it!

Color me confused about the Arcane Insights tour. I'll only be in Orlando one weekend and would be available for Oct 7th, but I need to know information about this tour. I mean, it does not include a light-on tour, and we already learn a ton of background information on UTH tours.

I know Uni reads these ports. Is this tour basically a RIP tour + UTH tour without the lights on?

I really wish we could get a straight answer here.