HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

This thread will be moderated to the fullest, please respect each others opinions and ideas about the event. If any arguing or fighting amongst one another ensues, action will be taken. If you can't post your ideas, or opinions, not anything like:

Why are we talking about this now?

I have no idea.

It's too early!

.. then please don't post. Most of all, have fun.

Rumor: CLASSIC.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole classic thing is throwing me off, because it goes back to what we think classic means. The NLC trio are considered classic as modern horror movies, but classic could also go to the CLASSIC horror movies.... So its going to be interesting.

I'm not sure on this one yet, either. They did Universal's Classic Monsters at the first HHN (Fright Nights), so would they do it again for 19 and not something like 20 or 25? However, your just left to assume classic means the Classic Monsters: Wolf Man, Dracula, The Creature, Frankenstein, and Mummy.

Now, with the new Wolf Man movie from Universal coming out next year, could we have something based around that? with the other Classic Monsters? IMO, I don't want to see them in there OLD way, so can they update them all.. and make them ALL more modern by today's standards?

Then, your right about NLC. They are now classics to most people, but will they do it again so soon? There was the 3 year agreement everyone talked about, however my interpretation of it was 2006 (1st year to get design, concepts, and create the event), 2007 (the NLC event itself), and now 2008 (NLC Hollywood). If you follow that, it's over.. could it be extended? sure.

I'm 99% sure we'll see something Wolf Man related at HHN 19 in some way.

The Hallow had a backstory? :blink:

yea i didn't get it either a backstory might of helped

Thinking about this classic thing......ya think they might be going back to some of the tactics they used when the event first started sorta like a reunion of the classic icons they had prior to 2000?

The only icon they had before 2000 was the Crypt Keeper. There really wasn't any icons till Jack.

When I think classic my mind wanders off in far too many directions. Is it classic movies? Sci-Fi? Horror? Is it cult classics? Is it classic Halloween? Classic fears?

I'm going to be pulling for Stephen King till further info comes out. :lol: I can't help it. I'm addicted to his works and was far too excited at the possibility of him being involved this year. So yep, until further notice, I'm going with the master of horror himself. For me that would be classic.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

The only icon they had before 2000 was the Crypt Keeper. There really wasn't any icons till Jack.

When I think classic my mind wanders off in far too many directions. Is it classic movies? Sci-Fi? Horror? Is it cult classics? Is it classic Halloween? Classic fears?

I'm going to be pulling for Stephen King till further info comes out. :lol: I can't help it. I'm addicted to his works and was far too excited at the possibility of him being involved this year. So yep, until further notice, I'm going with the master of horror himself. For me that would be classic.

dont forget Alfred Hitchcock.....ugh idk but i hope its good whoever they pick

i have a feeling we will be seeing legendary truth back....

i was pon screamscape a while ago and i remeber seeing this:

10/29. Specific time and location information will come later to those who are signed up. According to the memo they will be issuing “Credentials”, reopening the “Cold-Case” to determine the identity of the initials that were discovered in the appointment book. (Again, see the official website.)

I did come across one interesting thing however, if you click on the e-mail that was sent out it will take you right to the LTTC website, but take a good look at the web address in your browser. It lists the source of the link as “source=email.LT.hhn19”. LT stands for Legendary Truth of course, but HHN19? If I had to guess, Universal may already be planting the seeds for the theme of HHN 19 with the Legendary Truth organization. In fact in the last conference call a week before the opening of HHN 18 I believe it was mentioned that they had already begun work on some ideas for next year’s event. Tick. Tock. Time will tell…

i have a feeling we will be seeing legendary truth back....

i was pon screamscape a while ago and i remeber seeing this:

I dont have the facts to back it up but I know that was disproved on the vault because all of the other e-mails were numbered as well (hhn16,17,18,19,20 etc).

I dont have the facts to back it up but I know that was disproved on the vault because all of the other e-mails were numbered as well (hhn16,17,18,19,20 etc).

Yes, I don't think the # was related to a HHN #. Seems like everyone got a random number.

At the final night wrap-up party, they did ask us all if we would like to see LT or something similar return next year. So, it sounds like something could be in the works for next year or future years.

Yes, I don't think the # was related to a HHN #. Seems like everyone got a random number.

At the final night wrap-up party, they did ask us all if we would like to see LT or something similar return next year. So, it sounds like something could be in the works for next year or future years.

i hope so

Edited by Quiksilver

That would be so awesome. I loved the LT part, and I would love it to happen again!

yea and i am so going on the last night again

I live too far away to be able to manage that, but I'm officially going for two whole weekends next year, so yay! I have a friend that's never been to universal, and I showed her my pictures and some videos and the website and she was hooked! So now she's dying to go.

I live too far away to be able to manage that, but I'm officially going for two whole weekends next year, so yay! I have a friend that's never been to universal, and I showed her my pictures and some videos and the website and she was hooked! So now she's dying to go.

i live 2 hours away so what im gonna do is go the last week of the event an go wed thurs fri sat and go everynight like i did before....omg i cant wait already i'm trying to decide where i want to stay

I would love to see Universal give us another completely creative and immersive experience like we had this past year. This years event was definitely in my top three of the past 18 years. As far as the "classic" spin goes, it's hard to say what they are moving towards, be it classic films, the classic monsters or a combination of both. I wish I would've had the chance to get involved with the whole LT concept this year, it sounds like it was a great experience!

I have a buddy just like that! Next year will be his first! :rolleyes:

Since doing that survey a couple weeks ago that asked how many houses/scarezone's there should be, I was just wondering what everyone else thinks?

I say stay at 8 houses, and 8-9 scarezones. Technically there were 9 scarezone's this year if you add Dark Reflections, CDT and ZDT. So they could officially pull off 8 or 9 zones.

I'd like 3 shows, B&T, Main Stage, and RHPS or 360. No more, no less.

BUT really Universal needs to ask themselves, do we have the budget to make HHN bigger by adding more houses, zones, and shows. Can they staff that many? Every year we hear about something getting cut due to budget reasons, 17 showed that they couldn't even staff the streets which really made streets suck that year.

This year was great, everything seemed to flow nicely and all was staffed pretty good. 12 SZ's, I don't know.. if they can pull the staffing off without affecting something else, then maybe.

This year did seem to have a good balance. I would have liked to have more members to the CDT and seen Sting Alley used, but other than that this year was good.

It's really hard for me to picture twelve distinct scarezones. I just can't imagine where they would put them all. I could see them possibly adding something to Amity and making it it's own zone, and there is that area between Mel's and NY near the lagoon. So that would take us to 11, but I'm not sure if those areas could be used.

How packed was Amity during all the LT stuff this year? If they were able to function with a large group of CFO's in the area, maybe we could see another scarezone there.

I like the number of houses this year. The only way I could see more houses next year is if they used the Herc/Xena building or added another house to the soundstages. I know they were working on the Herc/Xena building earlier this year, but I have no idea how far they have come on getting it up to code.

So am I missing anything when it comes to places for more houses and zones or is my memory working right? I rememberd trying to figure out where they would put everything and how they would staff it when I did that survey.