HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

They attempted a cornfield in the past but the weather had a change of plans =/

Hopefully it works out the next time they try it.

Yeah, the corn field didn't work out quite the way one would have expected. It's difficult to pull that off for a scarezone, though it was one of my favorite scarezones that year. I thought they did a great job with the cornfield in Scary Tales last year.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget the corn field from Field of Screams was almost destroyed by a hurricane and they were able to make enough out of it to be a pretty good zone. The end result would have been much better had the hurricane not damaged it. I kind of think that if they were going to do another corn field they would be growing it by now. But we can always wish.

Yeah, the corn field didn't work out quite the way one would have expected. It's difficult to pull that off for a scarezone, though it was one of my favorite scarezones that year. I thought they did a great job with the cornfield in Scary Tales last year.

Don't forget the corn field from Field of Screams was almost destroyed by a hurricane and they were able to make enough out of it to be a pretty good zone. The end result would have been much better had the hurricane not damaged it. I kind of think that if they were going to do another corn field they would be growing it by now. But we can always wish.

Where would they put it though? The year they did it, they had Horror Nights in both parks. It would be awesome though...

Where would they put it though? The year they did it, they had Horror Nights in both parks. It would be awesome though...

I seriously doubt they would do it this year given the time frame they would need. Don't forget that they grew the corn. One thought is that they could do a simulated corn field and use the same area that the pumpkins were last year. Just a thought.

I seriously doubt they would do it this year given the time frame they would need. Don't forget that they grew the corn. One thought is that they could do a simulated corn field and use the same area that the pumpkins were last year. Just a thought.

Yeah, that could work. The problem with scare zones, however, is there are so many people walking through them at once that it's hard to feel like you're actually walking through a field of corn. They could put it off to the side though, like they did with the Skoolhouse last year. That would be cool. Children of the Corn is one of those movies that was incredibly scary when I was younger, but was ruined by the ridiculous sequels that followed. That's one movie I wouldn't mind being remade, just because it is an incredibly creepy atmosphere. I don't know who has the rights to the movie though. I know the short story was written by Stephen King, so that could work with using Stephen King inspired scare zones. Anyone ever read Bag of Bones by Stephen King? Great book that could make a pretty scary flick. I also enjoyed "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."

Yeah, that could work. The problem with scare zones, however, is there are so many people walking through them at once that it's hard to feel like you're actually walking through a field of corn. They could put it off to the side though, like they did with the Skoolhouse last year. That would be cool. Children of the Corn is one of those movies that was incredibly scary when I was younger, but was ruined by the ridiculous sequels that followed. That's one movie I wouldn't mind being remade, just because it is an incredibly creepy atmosphere. I don't know who has the rights to the movie though. I know the short story was written by Stephen King, so that could work with using Stephen King inspired scare zones. Anyone ever read Bag of Bones by Stephen King? Great book that could make a pretty scary flick. I also enjoyed "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon."

Last I heard Children of the Corn is going to be a Sci-Fi Channel movie remake that will air sometime this year. I'm sure it will suck. I agree with you about the crappy sequels. The original was somewhat creepy but overall a pretty crappy movie. I just thought that it will make a decent scarezone. There probably are many non film related SK stuff that would be cool as scarezones, but lets keep with the film stuff as that is what the theme is this year.

Freddy vs. Jason? What?

Credit: Screamscape

(7/3/09) I’m not sure how much faith to put into this rumor yet but we have heard buzz about a possible Freddy VS Jason themed haunt for this year’s HHN. While that’s a fun idea, I think I’d still like to see a very well done version of “The Mist”, packed to the gills in fog effects, maybe along with some special flashlights.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, as I haven't seen anyone talk about it anywhere. You would think if they had plans for Freddy and Jason again they would be promoting that heavily since I think it would draw more people than Chucky or the Wolfman.

I am surprised Screamscape even posted this. It has been stated that 1) The NLC contract to even use those characters had expired and was not renewed and 2) For the original contract, the big three had to be in separate houses and thusly could not appear in any combo houses.

So I would say that someone started this rumor because of the movie theme for this year and some wishful thinking.

Since Jason was cut out of The Nightmare on Elm Street house (just one tiny little part even) by NLC...I have no idea why they would want a full house after the contract has expired.

Maybe the two of them would appear in "Silver Screams" as "Hockey Mask Man" and "Burnt Face Man" (just making these names up) as they did in All Night Die In...

Since Jason was cut out of The Nightmare on Elm Street house (just one tiny little part even) by NLC...I have no idea why they would want a full house after the contract has expired.

Maybe the two of them would appear in "Silver Screams" as "Hockey Mask Man" and "Burnt Face Man" (just making these names up) as they did in All Night Die In...

I just don't believe that rumor at all, but you never know. To bring some speculation back, we can confirm 3 houses. Chucky, SAW and Wolfman, then we guess that Frankenstein and Dracula could be another two from reading the press release. I say guess and could due to the fact that it just says they will be part of HHN. So if we say those are 5 houses, that leaves 3 more.

What do we have left over? We have the following names floating around.

Silver Screams/Screen

Leave it to Cleaver

The Spawning

Army of Darkness

Cirque De Freak

Will Frankenstein and Dracula have there own house, or be part of Silver Screams? If so, that leaves the 5 above names to all be possible houses. If they get there own house, then what 3 out of the above will we see? Could some be Scare Zones? If I had to choose 3 of the above, I'd go with Leave it to Cleaver, The Spawning and Silver Screams (if its an ANDI style house).

Silver Screams/Screen

Leave it to Cleaver

The Spawning

Army of Darkness

Cirque De Freak

Will Frankenstein and Dracula have there own house, or be part of Silver Screams? If so, that leaves the 5 above names to all be possible houses. If they get there own house, then what 3 out of the above will we see? Could some be Scare Zones? If I had to choose 3 of the above, I'd go with Leave it to Cleaver, The Spawning and Silver Screams (if its an ANDI style house).

Since some of the proposed names could be scarezones, I must say I hope Cirque Du Freak is a zone. I believe that it would be very much like Midway of the Bizarre.

So I was scrolling thru the Dish Network guide last night and came across a film that sounds rather close to what we are looking at this year. The movie itself is not mainstream, and this was the first I had heard of it. Check it out here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0981224/

May be a stretch, maybe not as we know that Uni has used obscure films in the past as ideas for theme's and even sets.

Take it for what it is, just speculation but remember we need to look at all avenues when it comes to our beloved event.

Before I start, my message contains speculation about a certain Icon some don't like to hear about. However, I feel were a more mature group than that here and can talk about him freely.

After looking at this I find an odd resemblance to Eddie, the outfit and a mask. I know this is probably unlikely, but seeing that Eddie (Sawyer) was/is a Horror Movie Fan, could he fit in as the Icon? I'll go back to a question that was asked on our UTH Tour in 2007 about Eddie ever getting his due. The reply from A&D was basically "never say never" and "it's possible down the road".

Seeing that Jack had his way with Horror Movie Icons, if they use Eddie (Schmidt).. this could be his vision, and a way to link him to Jack again making it a "popular" connection to the main stream fans who probably never heard of or don't remember anything about Eddie Sawyer/Schmidt.

Eddie as a Icon, Usher as a Mascot? Hrm. I'd like to see either.

Eddie as a Icon, Usher as a Mascot? Hrm. I'd like to see either.

Could you see them somehow changing Eddie to be the Usher? Like you said, Eddie was a horror fan. And that could be the connection to Jack that some have speculated on? Who knows?

Or maybe even the next teaser reveals the Usher, who at the main site launch is reveled to be Eddie in Usher style(Will be a recognizable face to the public because of the I.C.U. ads from '01) . This would allow for a great link into next years possible Jack and Chance wedding with Eddie/Usher as the best man. Or even have next year explore the bride more with chance as the icon, and round out 21 with the wedding. (3 Story arc) I think that the wedding would go better with the 20 year anniversary if we have one at all though. Who knows....

And to add to the speculation about this film, A portion of the film was shot in Studio 28 at Universal Studios in Los Angeles. It is the oldest known sound stage in the history of the studio.

Excuse me for going off-topic in this temporary lapse, but C_D is referring to the legendary Phantom Stage, where Universal Horror could be said to have began with the filming of Phantom of the Opera in 1925. Part of the original sets are still kept there, and the place has long been said to be haunted. Strange things are seen and heard there even to this day.

To tie this in to speculation if I can, when I first heard the code name: Plea Sant Vielle, I could not help but wonder if it might be the Phantom. Vielle is a French word for a certain musical instrument, and the Phantom is a French Musician. Also the original 1925 film was shot in B&W with a sudden unexpected technicolor sequence - which ties in with the film Pleasantville. This is all rather unlikely, but I would love to see Erik get some respect at HHN some day.

As long as they have many scare zones like last year, I'm pretty much happy.

Last year had a good balance of the different types of zones I like.

Creepy and scary

Bizarre and humorous

Dark & mysterious

If the themeing is truely all about the silver screen.

They can have a good balance of all types, which makes me very happy..

I can forsee a zombie scarezone for sure. Now, what if those zombies were a chainsaw drill team, and the fast ones like on 28 days later, etc? Oooooooo.... :)

Just as long as they aren't the zombies from in front of MIB from last year!!!!

Excuse me for going off-topic in this temporary lapse, but C_D is referring to the legendary Phantom Stage, where Universal Horror could be said to have began with the filming of Phantom of the Opera in 1925. Part of the original sets are still kept there, and the place has long been said to be haunted. Strange things are seen and heard there even to this day.

Sorry to continue the off topic rant, but what may I ask were some of these things that have been seen/heard? Ghost stuff interests me heavily!

As for staying on topic, I'm going to speculate that the facade for Wolfman will involve a forest and a full moon. If done right this house will be fantastic!

I cant see Army of Darkness or Cirque Du Freak as houses. Very out of theme compared to the other houses that have been confirmed, and I doubt Universal would put two vampire houses.

Army of Darkness and Cirque Du Freak=Scarezones?

Rumors have been going around that CDT is done. I heard it from a realiable source who heard it at auditions yesterday.

Personally, I am very happy about that, considering I HATE chainsaws.

Just a rumor...

Im thinking were going to see a lot of destruction scarezones this year...Just a hunch.