HHN 19 Speculation

Mark M.

I can understand why one could instantaneously become skeptic towards the notion of the legitimacy of the pictures, as they look fairly "rough around the edges."

Suppose we'll find out in due time, regardless.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally posting...

I got those pictures too I think...

Anyways. Looking through this thread I have seen some pretty interesting speculation! Especially Moonfall's unofficial house list, and the unofficial HHN19 logos and tag line. I have to say, I really hope that the Army of Darkness is not true... I don't find that scary at all. If it is true, it could possibly turn out like Creatures!.. Fun but not very scary..

Could this be the HHN 19 Tagline and Usher? "Ripped from the Silver Screen"

Wow, only my second post and already I'm in awe of this place... I love how I don't have to ready through 20 pages of useless "that is so cool" garbage posts just to find actual speculation regarding the original finding.

Seriously, I'm so jealous of you sneaky people with your inside sources. (I want one! :o)

And as for the pics, I hope their legit; because I love them. It reminds me of the slightly cheesy, yet still rather creepy hhn ad's from the mid to late nineties.

And despite how cliched and corny it sounds I actually like the rumored title "Silver Screams" quite a bit, rather than the posted "Ripped from the Silver Screen". Besides it wouldn't be hhn if the event logo for the year wasn't slightly cliched and a little bit silly (okay, well to me anyway).

I've been rereading this thread and I must say I have a problem with one of the houses on the list. Cirque Du Freak seems extremely out of place.

First, I must agree with TJ229ER on the fact that it is not really well known.

Second, it's target audience doesn't seem to be those of HHN age (I could be wrong on this I have never read the books)

Lastly, why would we have 2 vampires houses in the same year?

I think the art work seems rather rough, but the only form I have seen it in has been posted on here. A bigger picture would be needed before I formed an opinion on it. The tagline is interesting. It makes me think the usher character is nothing more than a way to advertise. It is rather cliche, but some of the past taglines have been cliche. I think I will have to ponder it some more.

Wow, only my second post and already I'm in awe of this place... I love how I don't have to ready through 20 pages of useless "that is so cool" garbage posts just to find actual speculation regarding the original finding.

Seriously, I'm so jealous of you sneaky people with your inside sources. (I want one! :o)

And as for the pics, I hope their legit; because I love them. It reminds me of the slightly cheesy, yet still rather creepy hhn ad's from the mid to late nineties.

And despite how cliched and corny it sounds I actually like the rumored title "Silver Screams" quite a bit, rather than the posted "Ripped from the Silver Screen". Besides it wouldn't be hhn if the event logo for the year wasn't slightly cliched and a little bit silly (okay, well to me anyway).

Based on the information that we've gotten, the event title would be "Ripped from the Silver Screen" and the House would be called "silver screams"

Based on the information that we've gotten, the event title would be "Ripped from the Silver Screen" and the House would be called "silver screams"

Well, when put that way I actually like them together a lot. It connects the themes of the event and the icon/mascot/whatever house while being original enough to make sure that each has a different name. Unlike last year (I'm sorry but that really bugged the crap out of me).

Despite the fact that I'm not too crazy about movie based houses, I still really like the look of this supposed advertising campaign...

It was ridiculous how upset some people got over you post the house list all at once, even though it was being posted one by one at the Vault. *shakes head* It's a shame that you can't post inside stuff even though you're getting it from a few different people.

Harsh much? *Waves hi*

Honestly though, the source of the I.P. image even doubts it's legitimacy. The fact that there are two images really changes things though. Speculate on that! Once again I'd say give credit where credit is due, but I don't think the image was posted with the source's permission or Uni's for that matter. I personally have no issues with it because its not my image, which is why I'm not PMing you about it Mark :P and I really think it was time that the image surfaced, just kinda wish there was a better way to get around the confidential line at the bottom...Photoshop anyone?

I'm still amazed it lasted as long as it did without being posted. Lets see.... 2 months and 11 days since it was first scanned! woot! new record!

Edited by OutKastz

I'm still amazed it lasted as long as it did without being posted. Lets see.... 2 months and 11 days since it was first scanned! woot! new record!

Haha. Yeah, really! I was wondering when that would get posted, but I was surprised the Vault didn't notice these images until I posted that it was over here. hahaha. They probably wouldn't notice.

Edited by moonfall

Harsh much? *Waves hi*

The fact that there are two images really changes things though. Speculate on that!

Definitely wasn't pointed entirely at you, there were a few people upset and I just found it silly. She got it from multiple sources so I don't think anyone should have gotten upset, but I can see why. No bad blood here, hope there's none from you, I was just stating my thoughts.

Yea, the two images is kinda throwing me off. I'm wondering if those were two possible billboard type ads? I dunno, I don't see billboards for it where I'm at so I don't know if they use just one image for all billboards or if they spice it up. I agree with the follower about the cheesy feel of the usher and the pictures, but I like it. It makes me think of the horribly amazing B horror movies. Wasn't Dr. Holmes saying there was going to be a "mascot" this year and not an icon? I thought I remembered him drilling that into our heads on these board. *rubs chin* Hmmm.

Edited by Mrs. Krueger

Now that I look at it... It is kind of cheesy.. But I guess it goes with all the old fashion horror movies, and B movies, like the Mrs. Krueger has said above.

Maybe we will just have a mascot. Would be a nice change from last year, where we had a very detailed back story and character.

Honestly though, the source of the I.P. image even doubts it's legitimacy. The fact that there are two images really changes things though. Speculate on that! Once again I'd say give credit where credit is due, but I don't think the image was posted with the source's permission or Uni's for that matter.

The IP picture has me too, one day I think its fake, next day I think it's real. The 2nd image, its looks like something UNI would use for advertising, but its such a low quality picture it's hard to say.

I'd love to give credit to the source, however I have no idea who the original source is. Everything gets passed down 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th hand, and some sources rather remain anonymous. :)

I don't even know what to believe anymore with these lists,it does say Confidential but I don't know it's tough to decide and people on the vault don't stop and are getting to be very annoying these days.But I don't want to believe the list since it just seems kind of unoriginal I do believe in A&D to make another great year though.The Usher just seems too much like The Director to me with the whole movie thing,one way or another I'm going to enjoy the event since I hear Scarezones will be back full force this year!

UNIVERSAL HHN IS BACK

14-Jun-2009

Credit: Wild Indigo

Orlando, FL - The Universal Studios "Halloween Horror Nights" campaign has returned to Wild Indigo@Karma Kollective once again. The major annual project will be shot this year in Orlando, Florida, both on sound stages and locations. Dean Karr will once again direct with Arthur Gorson producing. Production is scheduled for the second week of July, 2009. We are not at liberty at this time to reveal the content of the spots, but their classic impact is assured.

This year's campaign includes broadcast spots for both Universal Orlando and Universal Hollywood. Coke Zero is a co-sponsor with Universal Orlando Resort Hotels as tags. Agency is David&Goliath with David Angelo as Creative Director and Carol Lombard as Agency Producer. Yamani Watkins serves as Executive Producer for Wild Indigo at Karma Kollective. More news to follow...

---

For those that don't know, they are the ones the shoot the yearly commercials.

Reference picture: Skoolhouse/Church?

This caught my eye after the early speculation/rumor of a wedding. This is what looks like the roof to last years skoolhouse, but instead of a chimney, it has a steeple with what looks like a cross on the top? Now I'm sure this could be anything, maybe Dracula?

After taking a look at the Skoolhouse again, this looks much smaller than that structure's roof. It actually looks like the bell-tower from the Skoolhouse:

skoolhouse.jpg

I've heard a rumor that the Skoolhouse was being sent to Hollywood this year, if so they would likely disassemble it for shipment.

EDIT: After looking at the other pictures in the construction thread to get the full context of the shots, I think this is being used here. The other shot of this object from a different angle makes it quite clear that this is the Skoolhouse's bell-tower now sans bell and wind vane: Skoolhouse/church another angle

So it may be used in the Sprung tent house as a church bell or school bell. Sprung tent houses are Gepetto and Civic Duty right? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by mz_

After taking a look at the Skoolhouse again, this looks much smaller than that structure's roof. It actually looks like the bell-tower from the Skoolhouse:

skoolhouse.jpg

I've heard a rumor that the Skoolhouse was being sent to Hollywood this year, if so they would likely disassemble it for shipment.

Correct. I had to look at it again, and it is in fact the bell tower. I've heard about it moving to Hollywood as well, sure would be cool seeing it again in Orlando though in some form.

Reference Picture: Sprung Tent Facade

Only a hunch, but something about the way this entrance(?) looks makes me think of Frankenstein's castle. Something about the color and just the shape of it, I dunno...I can imagine this being the entrance to the castle if this were to be the location of a Frankenstein-centered house...

Reference Picture: Sprung Tent Facade

Only a hunch, but something about the way this entrance(?) looks makes me think of Frankenstein's castle. Something about the color and just the shape of it, I dunno...I can imagine this being the entrance to the castle if this were to be the location of a Frankenstein-centered house...

I got the same feeling. I don't know why either. Wasn't there another idea of a castle house that didn't involve Frankenstein and his monster?

I was thinking about the code-words for the sprung tents and one of them is Civic Duty. Bryan did tell us that Jack and Chance were getting married sometime in the next couple of years. Could the civic duty be Jack's? I mean, could it be a shotgun wedding?

Speaking of Bryan, this is probably just a coincidence, but Civic Duty...hmmmmmm