HHN 21 Discussion

Hey all, been following the forum for years but finally decided to join. for the last 4 years I've been able to go to HHN on a weekend in the center of October, but this time the stars did not align and I was originally not going to attend. HOWEVER I managed to squeeze a business trip on October 31, so I will be attending the last day. My questions is this: is erverything still fully functional on the last day (i.e. they haven't started taking things down), and should I expect it to be crowded since it is on Halloween and only open until midnight? Is it still a good day to go? (I'm going regardless but am just curious what past experiences may have been!) I intend to upgrade to express, as I have done the last 3 years. Thanks!

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if they are going to let FFP people go in the last Saturdays of the month like they have done in years past. has anyone heard anything?

My sense is yes...every bar in town is doing a costume contest that night, which has got to eat into their single night ticket sales. People like their scares but they like dressing up (or at least seeing the girls dress up) even more.

hey guys just wondering something, i went on the 1st and did most houses twice (i had a fast pass). I loved it so much i'm gonna go back with my university on saturday. So since this is a hell week and i've never been during that week i'm wondering what the best plan of attack is? Counter-clockwise?

I said it before, but

Thank God, or more like Than Uni the Rip Ride Rock it is open ,OMG!

not only is it eating the crowds, which is good in a crowded night, but, is just so awesome to be able to ride it at night. and is so amazing to see the scarezones and the buildings from above, is so cool, i always look at the park when I am riding it,

is just, awesome, just so awesome

sorry for double post but

my friend from Miami was trying to come Sunday, and she called Uni first to ask about it and the person said that, in 6 hours she was only going to be able to do 3 houses, because the lines were from 2 to 2 and a half hours, so that if she was coming sunday she Really had to buy the express pass if she wanted to do everything

when she told me that, i was like, is that guy on drugs? even on a bad night with lines like that you can do at least 4,5 houses from 6 to 12, specially when all houses at 6 PM have no lines since it just opened, was that person just trying to get her to buy express? i found this odd

sorry for double post but

my friend from Miami was trying to come Sunday, and she called Uni first to ask about it and the person said that, in 6 hours she was only going to be able to do 3 houses, because the lines were from 2 to 2 and a half hours, so that if she was coming sunday she Really had to buy the express pass if she wanted to do everything

when she told me that, i was like, is that guy on drugs? even on a bad night with lines like that you can do at least 4,5 houses from 6 to 12, specially when all houses at 6 PM have no lines since it just opened, was that person just trying to get her to buy express? i found this odd

I had a similar experience when I went on the 6th. I went up to the ticket window to buy an HHN 21 lanyard and the lady asked me if I had a ticket for HHN. I told her yes because I bought a FFP a week prior. Anyways she asked me if I purchased an express pass for tonight and I told her no. She said that it would be in my best interest if I did because thay are going to be crowded tonight. I respectfully declined and went inside the park to wait for HHN to start and by no means was it busy that night. I did all the houses and screzones by 10:00 and was still able to do all of them again at least 2 or 3 more times...

I had a similar experience when I went on the 6th. I went up to the ticket window to buy an HHN 21 lanyard and the lady asked me if I had a ticket for HHN. I told her yes because I bought a FFP a week prior. Anyways she asked me if I purchased an express pass for tonight and I told her no. She said that it would be in my best interest if I did because thay are going to be crowded tonight. I respectfully declined and went inside the park to wait for HHN to start and by no means was it busy that night. I did all the houses and screzones by 10:00 and was still able to do all of them again at least 2 or 3 more times...

I'm finding that interesting - sounds like Sales is pushing the Express, but, wow. 10/6 I didn't think was bad at all. Even got in later than usual, and still did all we wanted, without express, by 10:30. Same with last night, hit all the houses, some multiples, all without express; all the zones, did some street watching, and this was by 10:30 pm (granted, did stay and scream). Maybe we'll be surprised on Sunday, but to push it that hard in person and on line? Perhaps their Express Pass sales are down this year?

I wonder if they are going to let FFP people go in the last Saturdays of the month like they have done in years past. has anyone heard anything?

I find this interesting as I wasn't aware they opened Saturdays to FFP holders. Sometimes Halloween was opened, yes. But Saturdays? Can anyone else comment on this?

I find this interesting as I wasn't aware they opened Saturdays to FFP holders. Sometimes Halloween was opened, yes. But Saturdays? Can anyone else comment on this?

Usually they send out an email at this time saying that the last Saturday is open to Frequent Fear Pass holders. FFP holders also get the first saturday but the last is usually a bonus they announce at the last minute

Usually they send out an email at this time saying that the last Saturday is open to Frequent Fear Pass holders. FFP holders also get the first saturday but the last is usually a bonus they announce at the last minute

Exactly. The last two years they have done this (maybe more), hoping for the email soon!

Exactly. The last two years they have done this (maybe more), hoping for the email soon!

Thanks for the info. I must have missed such news in years past. Would someone mind posting to this thread if they open the Saturday(s) this year? Not sure I'm on the proper e-mail list to get the info. Thanks in advance.

I Never got an email though....

about the saturdays,is not official, they do it when they need more people in the park, which usually happens that last weekend, I Think last year or the year before they did it the two last saturdays,

sadly this year it might only be one, but I remember going to HHN two saturdays in a row, it might have been last year i dont remember

I usually found out because of the Vault or this website, or from people in the park telling me that i could come back Saturday, I never got the email, also last year, the maps said that the last saturday was available, but like i said, is not official, and they do it I think is because that weekend people go to halloween parties and stuff, but I don't know,

Either in this thread or another someone posted earlier into the event a bunch that they had "figured" out. I think they posted that WN had 21 lanterns and such. Also, I think they pointed out there were decks of cards that added up to 21 in The Thing and Nightingales.

No I know Voorhees did a fantastic work seeing all the references to 21 in all 8 houses but i mean icons or hhn characters of the past references in the houses of this year's event.

My guess with the Forsaken is that there are twenty crew members, plus the captain, which makes 21. Any other ideas?

Regarding past HHN icons, I definitely noticed Cindy's coffin in Winter's Night since I am a big fan of Cindy. But, I did not notice Jack's box. I'll have to look for the box when I go back on Halloween night. I don't know if there are direct references to all icons, but one of Bloody Mary's broken mirrors is definitely on the Pride stage in the 7 scarezone. I don't think icon references have been made this year; I think these are just re-used props. But who knows? Universal does an excellent job at hiding Easter eggs to keep the dedicated fans busy and wanting more.

Hey are you allowed to take pictures in fronts of the Seven deadly sins stages?? Sloth specifically because that is my sin and Definetly my favorite character from that zone.

Depends on who's working that night and what mood they're in. Also, what way the wind is blowing and if the stars are aligned properly.

In other words, Universal has a horribly inconsistent photography policy so it may be fine or you may be yelled at. Touchy subject.

Depends on who's working that night and what mood they're in. Also, what way the wind is blowing and if the stars are aligned properly.

In other words, Universal has a horribly inconsistent photography policy so it may be fine or you may be yelled at. Touchy subject.

Agreed. It seems that every SA is different. Some are very gracious, some tell you be quick, some are downright rude.

Agreed. It seems that every SA is different. Some are very gracious, some tell you be quick, some are downright rude.

With respect, I find the SA's to be in a tough situation, with them apparently getting different instructions every night. Hard to do your job when your employer isn't being consistent. Personally, I haven't found any to be rude - some will stop, some won't. But the biggest part of customer satisfaction is providing the scare; photos (yes, I love them and want them) are a subset of customer satisfaction. I wonder if the rudeness you perceive sometimes might be the actor staying in character. They are frequently in a lose-lose situation, and being on the front lines, they get the lion's share of the ire.

Now, the handlers can be another matter. If I can't say something nice...

No offense is meant to you, Creeper, I just feel the need to stand up for the SA's. Best wishes to you and hope you enjoy the rest of the event!

No offense taken at all. And I totally understand. If the message they're getting isn't consistent, then yes, it puts them in a tough spot. And for those who just ignore, it's not rude. A little frustrating, but not rude.

I'm not speaking to this year's SAs. I haven't been this year yet (but I will on THURSDAY!!!! :D ). It's just happened in year's past. For example, last year, one of the Jack's they had in Fear Revealed was crazy rude. And considering that photos was the main point of the SZ, I was not happy with it.

But yes, I'm referring to the vast minority of SAs. I didn't mean to imply that they all were. Most are amazing and I've got nothing but love ;)

Not to get too off topic,but the other night as I was going through the line for Nightingales the picture with the wait time and such...well as I walked through Twister I turned and looked out the window and the image behind it is none other than Havoc:Dogs of War. Thought it was interesting

Not to get too off topic,but the other night as I was going through the line for Nightingales the picture with the wait time and such...well as I walked through Twister I turned and looked out the window and the image behind it is none other than Havoc:Dogs of War. Thought it was interesting

ive heard that uni let up a little on the photo taking restrictions. anybody confirm this?

That is correct, before we were told no stopping for photos at all. Now we're told if someone asks we're allowed to stop for a few seconds while they take the photo.