HHN 21 Discussion

Hey can someone help me out here? I'm pretty confused... I was in Acid Assault and I asked an actor if I could take a photo of him because I know I wouldnt like getting a random flash in my face. But he kindly said "were not allowed". But I see so many others taking photos plus look at this thread lol.Are they really not allowed? or was that his way of saying he doesnt want his picture taken, which I totally respect. I'm not a newbie im just curious and confused because I've never heard of this at HHN before. Thanks!

There are a lot of factors involved. The person you ask, directions the casts have been given, etc. Best rule of thumb is, if they do stop, be quick. Have your camera ready, take your picture, done. Two seconds max. I'll stop maybe once or twice and only if they people are absolutely ready.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being my favorite characters of HHN 21, I'm quite dissapointed to hear that the sticks are gone. The sticks allowed the actor to discretely maneuver the crowd, then pop their sticks. With the chainsaws, I just can't see the minions moving as well as they did. Besides, the chainsaws just don't fit well at all with the minions, anyways.

Any actors or team members - I think I asked this last year, but I don't remember the answer. I love sitting and watching some of the zones, and since I have the chair, I can sorta sit where I want to. Since the sidewalks are "off limits", I'd love to sit in the street itself, but I don't want to be a traffic hazard. Does anyone know if it's okay to observe sitting in the street, even off to the side in the street? That would be way too much fun.

Why Did they gave chainsaws to Luck's minions to begin with?

does that mean that people complain on those surveys at the end? the lack of chainsaws was talked here briefly, and it as only a couple of people talking about it myself included,

but then that makes me wonder if other people in the park complained about it as well

Or if they just decided having chainsaws is better?

im curious,

I'm pretty sure people complained about the lack of Chainsaws. It's always in the streets every year. I guess maybe they thought they could sneak by this year without them....Nope!

We tend to watch scare-zones on the benches on the sidewalk. I'm sure it would be no problem as long as your not within the actors way or the flow of the traffic.

Any actors or team members - I think I asked this last year, but I don't remember the answer. I love sitting and watching some of the zones, and since I have the chair, I can sorta sit where I want to. Since the sidewalks are "off limits", I'd love to sit in the street itself, but I don't want to be a traffic hazard. Does anyone know if it's okay to observe sitting in the street, even off to the side in the street? That would be way too much fun.

Just because the sidewalks are "off limits" doesn't mean you can't park the chair on the curb. There are a few benches in 7 on the sidewalk and having sat on the one to the left of Sloth's stage (facing the stage), at least one of her minions has gone for a scare. Thursday or Friday (can't remember at the moment) I sat on a bench behind / nearby Vanity and one of her minions went completely around her stage to scare me on the opposite side.

Long story short, as long as you are not 5 feet or more away from the curb, you should still get some scares.

I can understand that the sticks might have caused problems, but I liked them because they were unique. I love chainsaws as much as the next horror fan, and I did kinda miss them, but I thought the sticks were way cool because it something I never saw before at a Halloween event. The only thing worse than not enough chainsaws is chainsaws randomly and haphazardly retrofitted in, whether they logically fit or not.

So I was just thinking about the photo issue/conversation. I haven't been to the event this year yet (I'll be in town at the end of the month) so I'm only going by what has been discussed here. From what you all have said, it sounds like the SZs this year are not condusive to taking pictures at all. Sounds like there's too much fog and not enough lighting. Also, taking into accout what was said above, it sounds like SAs have even been instructed not to stop for photos.

Do you think this comes form the criticism of the Fear Revealed and 20 Years of Fear SZs last year? A lot of people (on here anyway) complained that they were just glorified photo opps. Do you think that factored into the design and direction of this year's SZs? Was this A&D's response?

So I was just thinking about the photo issue/conversation. I haven't been to the event this year yet (I'll be in town at the end of the month) so I'm only going by what has been discussed here. From what you all have said, it sounds like the SZs this year are not condusive to taking pictures at all. Sounds like there's too much fog and not enough lighting. Also, taking into accout what was said above, it sounds like SAs have even been instructed not to stop for photos.

Do you think this comes form the criticism of the Fear Revealed and 20 Years of Fear SZs last year? A lot of people (on here anyway) complained that they were just glorified photo opps. Do you think that factored into the design and direction of this year's SZs? Was this A&D's response?

yeah I am pretty sure all the whining made them not let us take pics

which is dumb because Scarezones are the only things we Can take pics of, I mean, We cannot take pics in the houses or anything....

You know, Maybe that's why they also didn't care to decorate the park at all, I kept thinking it was budget reasons but maybe the reason the park has almost ZERO props and decorations is because of this too

This could be wrong, I am just saying my opinion and completely speculating

so there you have it, for the people complaining about the gorified Photo ops, So we get a year where there is Virtually nothing worth taking pics, and the only thing worth taking pics (the amazing actors) Are not allowed to let us take pics...

Edited by black mask

yeah I am pretty sure all the whining made them not let us take pics

which is dumb because Scarezones are the only things we Can take pics of, I mean, We cannot take pics in the houses or anything....

I agree! I love taking pictures of and in the SZs. It's a highlight of the event for me and I'm disappointed to hear that it's hard to do this year.

That's a shame.

I am wondering if anyone had the same experience we had with wait times this past Sunday? It seemed that out of the four houses we tried, the wait times were WAY off on at least three of them.

By way off, the best example I can give is for Nevermore. Wait time at the queue entrance stated 10 minutes, by the time we made our way back to the actual line it was a good 45 minutes long. The only house we got to see was H.R. Bloodengutz, the wait time at the queue entrance stated 20 minutes and we waited probably no more than 10.

Did anyone else experience anything similiar to this? It was really disappointing as we only got to do that one house because of the wait times and then as the evening went on the crowds grew.

I tend to stay away from any house that goes longer than 20mins but did see that happen this past weekend Hush. Also I've seen where the house times where not listed. Such as the sign was not turned on. Weird moments....

I'm excited to see if their is any changes this weekend.

I tend to stay away from any house that goes longer than 20mins but did see that happen this past weekend Hush. Also I've seen where the house times where not listed. Such as the sign was not turned on. Weird moments....

I'm excited to see if their is any changes this weekend.

Glad to hear it wasn't just us! Once we walked back to the queue line at Nevermore, we knew there was no way in hell that was a 10 minute line. We're the same way, anything over 20 minutes is pushing it for us. (We've gotten old and lack the patience that we once had...)

I think we are heading back Sunday, I too will be curious to see if the wait time process is a bit more accurate than last weekend.

I noticed the same thing Sunday night, but I have to say the wait times haven't been bad at all this year!(so far) but they still seem to be running better than last year. Especially the soundstages...

I noticed the same thing Sunday night, but I have to say the wait times haven't been bad at all this year!(so far) but they still seem to be running better than last year. Especially the soundstages...

yea the wait times have been fairly low this year and correct. i went last thursday and all 3 ss's were under 10 min the entire night, with the signs stating so. nevermore said 20 when i went in it, and i waited about 15/20 min. in between said 5 as well as forsaken and we waited that long for each. saws we literaly walked on. the only one that was off thats worth mentioning is bloodengutz. the sign saidd 5 and we waited close to 20, which is pretty badly off considering the fact that a 5 min wait has maybe 1 row filled, not 3 and the walkway from the entrance through beetlejuice to the line <_<. its still way better than last year with ZG. it was 55 min off when i went in it. how off can you be! :P

im wondering if the crowds plan to bombard the park starting tomorrow until the last weekend. thats what usually happens, though this past weekend is usually more packed than it was.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have found the wait times minimal, for some reason, last Sunday night wasn't the case.

My biggest issues was the incorrect wait times posted....there is a major difference between waiting 10-20 minutes in line or waiting 45.

I'm hoping this Sunday won't be too overly busy, it'd be nice to finally see the remainder of the houses.

One thing I keep noticing about the wait times. On each night of the event. It starts out slow for the first 2hrs. Then S&S, Nevermore and Kid-zone area picks up to 25-45mins for a few hours. While the Sound stages are always less than 15mins. Then in the last two hours everything drops to less than 10mins. Funny that it keeps happening that way.

What does everybody else do game plan wise?