HHN 21 Discussion

Thanks, call me cheap but I'm glad we can keep the glasses. It's a free souvenir and I like free, I spend too much on souvenir's anyway. As for the single rider entrance for HRRR that's good for me. My wife hates roller coasters, hopefully express works though because that'll be even quicker.

i hear you totally, i still have 2 glasses from 07,

these glasses dont have any designs or them or anything, they are just black, the ones on 07 had a clown design, like, it looked like Jack's face a little, but you dont have to give them, the just ask you to please give them

but like i said, they are not plastic, just cardboard, im wondering, how are they going to clean them? or not clean them at all? thats a little gross too,

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but like i said, they are not plastic, just cardboard, im wondering, how are they going to clean them? or not clean them at all? thats a little gross too,

Considering you just throw them into a green trash bin, I assume they are just being recycled like any paper product. They come in boxes by the hundreds, flat, so no real way to re-use them.

Considering you just throw them into a green trash bin, I assume they are just being recycled like any paper product. They come in boxes by the hundreds, flat, so no real way to re-use them.

that is unless you have those blacklight-friendly posters that they sell @ Spencers, or even watching anything which has bright colors (i.e. Red, Orange) which add to the depth. i'm even experimenting with some of my 3DS games (with the 3D slider turned at it's maximum) to see which have even more depth with the ChromaDepth glasses.

I had a wonderful time last night - very happy to briefly meet Voorhees, Grime, and a couple others - saw mz in the Studio Store at closing, but you guys were leaving so didn't want to hold you up. Event is a big improvement from last year but not a knock out of the park - review to come in a few days!

Last night was the first time I went on opening night and it was a great experience! There were so many HNN shirts that every time I turned around I saw someone wearing one. I didn't introduce myself to everyone, but it was great meeting Fallow, Mark, and Michelle, as well as seeing Charles and Nancy again. I recognized a few others in line and I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the month to come. I also saw TJ talking to the media as the Media Event was starting (just about when the rain rolled in) and it was wonderful to see the roulette wheel from the commercial (and the "real" Lady Luck) outside the Horror Make-Up Show.

As far as the event, I agree with Fallow. It was a great event and I'm looking forward to some improvements as the weeks pass. The detail in the houses is amazing, but they do need to work on the scareactor placement and the scares, which I am told will get better over time. Regarding the rain, my friends and I got very lucky (pun intended) as we had finished the Passholder Event houses (The Forsaken, The In-Between, and Nevermore: The Madness of Poe) and made the choice to go to Mel's fior dinner. As we walked in, the torrential downpour started, but was over just as we were ready to leave. Finally, I don't know what the Facebook people are saying, but we didn't wait more than 15-20 minutes for any house (other than the 40 minutes for Saws N' Steam, as usual) and we got 11 houses done and fully explored the scarezones.

Great job, Universal! I'm looking forward to my next visit and meeting some more HNN members!

Last night was the first time I went on opening night and it was a great experience! There were so many HNN shirts that every time I turned around I saw someone wearing one. I didn't introduce myself to everyone, but it was great meeting Fallow, Mark, and Michelle, as well as seeing Charles and Nancy again. I recognized a few others in line and I am looking forward to meeting some of you in the month to come. I also saw TJ talking to the media as the Media Event was starting (just about when the rain rolled in) and it was wonderful to see the roulette wheel from the commercial (and the "real" Lady Luck) outside the Horror Make-Up Show.

As far as the event, I agree with Fallow. It was a great event and I'm looking forward to some improvements as the weeks pass. The detail in the houses is amazing, but they do need to work on the scareactor placement and the scares, which I am told will get better over time. Regarding the rain, my friends and I got very lucky (pun intended) as we had finished the Passholder Event houses (The Forsaken, The In-Between, and Nevermore: The Madness of Poe) and made the choice to go to Mel's fior dinner. As we walked in, the torrential downpour started, but was over just as we were ready to leave. Finally, I don't know what the Facebook people are saying, but we didn't wait more than 15-20 minutes for any house (other than the 40 minutes for Saws N' Steam, as usual) and we got 11 houses done and fully explored the scarezones.

Great job, Universal! I'm looking forward to my next visit and meeting some more HNN members!

I never introduce myself either because you never know how is going to go, good, awkward or just rude, (which the last two happen mostly) unless I speak with the members here first

I did see a lot of shirts, which was awesome, sometimes I used to just yell "Nightmares" last year but, again, odd stares, lol

I was there last night and didn't have many long waits. We did the passholder event and got through the Forsaken first and while we were in line for the In-Between they opened Nevermore. I think we probably waited about 20 minutes for it, but it was still only the passholders. We got to walk through Grown Evil as they were just opening up the event since we saw a large line of people being held back and waiting to go through Grown Evil. We went and did the three soundstages with Nightingales being the longest wait of maybe 20 minutes. It started to rain while we were in line for Nightingales and was pouring by the time we finished it so we got soaked but did the mummy to waste some time and stayed in the gift shop/arcade area until the rain slowed enough (around 8 o'clock). Then we just went straight to Holidays of Horror and since everyone had been hiding from the rain there was no line (I'm not sure if the house was open during the downpour or not). We finally got to Saws n' Steam and even though the sign said 5 minutes, the house was closed as we got in line and even after it opened we had about a 40 minute wait anyway, definitely longest of the night. We did scarezones and saw Bill and Ted at 10 and then did the Forsaken, In-Between and Winter's Night again with about 15 minute waits each. I think the longest wait I personally saw was Nevermore at about 11 with 45 minutes, but according to the text alerts Saws n' Steam and Holidays of Horror were both 45 minutes at 10. I never saw an hour anywhere and just checked the text alerts and the 45 minute waits were the longest they sent. Anyway I thought it was an awesome opening night despite the rain and can't wait to go again. I probably will do a real review later.

The rain didn't stop my friend and I from having fun, but now my feet are killing me! haha Right when we were walking out of Forsaken it was pouring, then we took the opportunity to run to The In-Between and no one was in line so we were almost alone in that house, and it was absolutely amazing! We also got into Nevermore almost by ourselves to, all during the downpour. After it rained, the scarezones had so much fog you couldn't see your hand in front of you, and that led to some amazing scares in Grown Evil, Canyon of Dark Souls, and Your Luck Has Run Out, later on it wasn't as bad but I wish it could always be that foggy!

That is so AWESOME (being practically alone in a couple of the houses)!!! Hope your feet recover quickly!

Thanks, call me cheap but I'm glad we can keep the glasses. It's a free souvenir and I like free, I spend too much on souvenir's anyway.

I hear you on this - any souvenir is good enough for me! :P

And anyone can feel free to say hi to me on Oct. 9th (just say you're from HNN). :D I'll be the big girl with the Goonies shirt on. :) lol

I loved pretty much everything last night, but I do have to say my one and only big disappointment is the total lack of chainsaws this year. There are 2 guys in the 7 scarezone...but that's all I saw all night. Where's my chainsaw brigade? :(

there are a total of 2 chainsaws in 7 and only 1 in saws, so thats 3,

i dont remember if holidays of terror had any,

so pretty much 3 saws, which this pretty freaking weird since HHN is all about the chainsaws, so i dont know

And anyone can feel free to say hi to me on Oct. 9th (just say you're from HNN). :D I'll be the big girl with the Goonies shirt on. :) lol

ill say hi if i see you :)

which this pretty freaking weird since HHN is all about the chainsaws, so i dont know

I don't think it's Universal's Halloween Chainsaw nights. I'm pretty sure they're just as aware as I am that you don't need chainsaws to scare people and if anything it kinda ups the ante that they backed away a lot from it.

I don't think it's Universal's Halloween Chainsaw nights. I'm pretty sure they're just as aware as I am that you don't need chainsaws to scare people and if anything it kinda ups the ante that they backed away a lot from it.

well............

i dont know, chainsaws have been part of HHN every single year, now that i think about it I miss them, i actually never cared for them but they were always there, scaring people, i really miss the chainsaw guys now , the park doesn't feel the same without them,

is not about "you don't need chainsaws to scare people " is just nice when the saws are out, you can put a group of guys with saws outside, no decoration or anything and call it a scarezone and it works,

There is one in HR Bloodenguts and opening night when I went through Saws n' Steam there was one inside the house and three outside of the house(but last night only one outside so maybe it was a cast change or something?)

I only saw one guy outside saws and steam, youre right, about HR, there is one there,

It's been 3 days (including EP) anyone found any red buttons? Which houses?

There is a fire alarm in Holidays of Horror in the beginning that was already pulled (???) which stood out to be, not sure if it was a prop or an actual fire alarm but I sure wasn't going to mess with it in case it was real. It stuck out to me that it was pulled and in a clearly accessable to guest area so idk.

My gypsy (Shalisa), two of our daughters & I went on Saturday and despite the rain, we got to see every house and zone in addition to 3 rides (Mummy, Jaws & M.I.B.). We had a spectacular time. Kudos to all the actors for their efforts. I must say that 7 & Luck zones are (IMO) a waste of time & space. I'll have to do The In Between again after dark to pass judgement on it. But I felt all the remaining houses were top notch. I'm a little disappointed that the zones have less "spectator" space than usual as sitting and taking in the crowds in a zone is really one of the things I enjoy. I'll also go on record to say that this year's advertising & "icon" were a complete joke (again IMO). Really looking forward to this coming Friday when we'll be there again...

well............

i dont know, chainsaws have been part of HHN every single year, now that i think about it I miss them, i actually never cared for them but they were always there, scaring people, i really miss the chainsaw guys now , the park doesn't feel the same without them,

And they're a part of this years event too but, they aren't over done.

I stick by what I said saying it really improves the event that they're moving away from just chainsaws. It shows that as an event they're progressing more. I can go to any local haunt and see 50 big dude's with a chainsaw trying to scare me. I come to HHN for top quality, surreal, scares.

And they're a part of this years event too but, they aren't over done.

I stick by what I said saying it really improves the event that they're moving away from just chainsaws. It shows that as an event they're progressing more. I can go to any local haunt and see 50 big dude's with a chainsaw trying to scare me. I come to HHN for top quality, surreal, scares.

that would actually be great and you said makes total sense.......

if this was 2010 or 2008, when... the scarezones were completely out of this world amazing, so having no chainsaws would had made sense, what you are saying, "It shows that as an event they're progressing more" i would agree with you

but...

but with this year having so little scarezones and only 2 real scarezones those chainsaws would have made a big difference,

Only having 3 of Luck's minions in the entrance of the park made it better already, no sets, no nothing, just a couple of Luck's minions, and feels like a little scarezone in the front

wherever the chainsaw team is, it instantly feels like a scarezone, even if there is nothing there, so this year, with the lack of good scarezones and the lack of street sets, I still stand by my point, they could have made a bit of a difference

( i actually hated the chainsaw scarezone with the movie set in 09, i just didnt like it)

but i do really get you

Edited by black mask

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has made or possibly could make a list of Poe's short stories/poems/etc that are being sampled in Nevermore, so I can read them ahead of time, that would be AMAZING, thank you! And if you could possibly email the list to me at aidan.triola@gmail.com, that would be a great help, thank you!