HHN 21 Discussion

Catacomb's story line would have to be modified to put it on a street.

Not by much. For example...

Oh noez! In transit, the vehicle carrying the French Catacombs exhibit crashed right outside the New York Antiques Museum, and, for some strange reason (we'll say the moon, for instance), they're alive at night and hunting us down! NOEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, it's kind of a stretch, but it could work.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or even that some "artifact" transported the spirits from the Catacombs to a street in universal lol ...I feel like that happens a lot at universal for some reason. "Blah blah blah ________ is at Universal Orlando and now ___________ is taking over the streets of Universal Orlando... Will you survive the _______." lol

Not by much. For example...

Oh noez! In transit, the vehicle carrying the French Catacombs exhibit crashed right outside the New York Antiques Museum, and, for some strange reason (we'll say the moon, for instance), they're alive at night and hunting us down! NOEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, it's kind of a stretch, but it could work.

Someone buy this man a drink.

That would've worked really well and is honestly a better story line than any scarezones have had in the past. I'm reserving judgement on sz's till I see them tomorrow, but I've heard that two of them are really nothing special. wink.gif

I don't really know where this comment would go, so feel free to place it in the correct thread if it does not belong here.

I had made plans to go with a few of my friends to HHN today. Well, ends up it's not going to be just a few of my friends anymore. Ends up 11 people have signed up to go along with us to the premier Halloween themed event in the US (so many we actually have to take a school van to go there). So yeah, I'm pretty proud. MOST EXCELLENT.

oh well im really glad to hear you say that actually, I was super excited about the event and the houses sounds like they rock but sounded like the zones suck by the reviews

I have not seen anything but I still wish they had made cataconbs or havoc zone instead of Nightmaze i mean, come on..

The Catacombs cast discussed it last year. :lol: We really thought the Plague Doctors in a street would be awesome. The only problem with it is that masks produce massive blind spots in the peripheral range of vision, which could be a major safety issue. And, we got hit A LOT because of our beaks. For those liabilities reasons alone we may never see Catacombs 2: The Streets.

Or even that some "artifact" transported the spirits from the Catacombs to a street in universal lol ...I feel like that happens a lot at universal for some reason. "Blah blah blah ________ is at Universal Orlando and now ___________ is taking over the streets of Universal Orlando... Will you survive the _______." lol

Note - There were no "spirits" in Catacombs. We just never died.

Someone buy this man a drink.

That would've worked really well and is honestly a better story line than any scarezones have had in the past. I'm reserving judgement on sz's till I see them tomorrow, but I've heard that two of them are really nothing special. wink.gif

Saws and Steam had an amazing story. A desperate society fighting for survival. It's definitely a lot better than most "city" scarezones where everyone just has a surly disposition.

I'm not seeing very nice things about people on facebook's experience tonight. Rain may play a small part in that but 60 minute waits for every house this early surprised me.........Ok I had to edit this. I sent out for the text message and The longest wait right now is for BloodenGutz, SNS and Nevermore at 45 minutes. Other waits are as little as 10 minutes or as much as 25. Maybe facebook trolls just trying to bring the event down?

Edited by AaronPaHHNFan

I'm not seeing very nice things about people on facebook's experience tonight. Rain may play a small part in that but 60 minute waits for every house this early surprised me.........Ok I had to edit this. I sent out for the text message and The longest wait right now is for BloodenGutz, SNS and Nevermore at 45 minutes. Other waits are as little as 10 minutes or as much as 25. Maybe facebook trolls just trying to bring the event down?

Well the event has gained steam... people should anticipate lines no matter what! :)

I know a lot of people don't like considering that there is an express pass. but... there is an express pass. :) Not yelling at you, I am yelling at those trolls

Well the event has gained steam... people should anticipate lines no matter what! :)

I know a lot of people don't like considering that there is an express pass. but... there is an express pass. :) Not yelling at you, I am yelling at those trolls

I always buy an express pass so I know your not yelling at me. It pisses me off when trolls talk like that on facebook so yell away.

Facebook has indeed been infested with trolls lately, but as always, just ignore em. Every year, there are "major issues" with the event according to the general public and tons of users here on the forums. But take these complaints with a grain of salt, im always awed by the event Uni delivers to us no matter what "issues" each year may have.

I did every house, did forsaken and in between twice, and had time for the coaster, so i dont know.... winter's house line was like 10 minutes, the thing was like 20, the only long one was saws and steam but that line is always long, i did it at the end, was like 30 minutes

OH MY GOD :o

Hollywood Rip Ride Rock it was OPEN, and i did it for the first time, That thing was Amazing! it rocked, i know this is not news to anyone (that it rocks) but it was my first time ever,

and it was opened, During HHN, finally!!! :) now lets see how long it stays open

I had a wonderful time last night - very happy to briefly meet Voorhees, Grime, and a couple others - saw mz in the Studio Store at closing, but you guys were leaving so didn't want to hold you up. Event is a big improvement from last year but not a knock out of the park - review to come in a few days!

I had a wonderful time last night - very happy to briefly meet Voorhees, Grime, and a couple others - saw mz in the Studio Store at closing, but you guys were leaving so didn't want to hold you up. Event is a big improvement from last year but not a knock out of the park - review to come in a few days!

It was nice to meet you dude :)

OH MY GOD :o

Hollywood Rip Ride Rock it was OPEN, and i did it for the first time, That thing was Amazing! it rocked, i know this is not news to anyone (that it rocks) but it was my first time ever,

and it was opened, During HHN, finally!!! :) now lets see how long it stays open

I haven't been on it either. I can't wait until I finally get to go. Do express passes work for that ride? I also have a question about the glasses for the in-between do we get to keep them or do we have to return them like at the movies? I know that you used to be able to keep them I'm just wondering if that changed.

yesterday was a good HHN night, as it was the first time i ever attended an opening night for any HHN event. Now i managed to get through The Thing before the thunderstorm began to really hit the fan. Fortunately, i had my umbrella attached to my DS bag, and i had my rain suit (which i originally though was a raincoat, only to find out that it was the rain jacket and the MC Hammer-like trousers). fortunately, i did get through all of the houses at least once and Bill and Ted was ok (but both the house and B&T show will be covered eventually). But i did get to meet other HNN Members as well.

As for my newest Scareactor Target assistant, he did a great job in getting some scareactor attention.

The rain didn't stop my friend and I from having fun, but now my feet are killing me! haha Right when we were walking out of Forsaken it was pouring, then we took the opportunity to run to The In-Between and no one was in line so we were almost alone in that house, and it was absolutely amazing! We also got into Nevermore almost by ourselves to, all during the downpour. After it rained, the scarezones had so much fog you couldn't see your hand in front of you, and that led to some amazing scares in Grown Evil, Canyon of Dark Souls, and Your Luck Has Run Out, later on it wasn't as bad but I wish it could always be that foggy!

Are there chainsaws in the streets this year besides the 7 scarezone?

no, nowhere, you are right to point this out, and in 7 is only 2 guys, that's it, 2 guys in the entire park with cainsaws, :/ I mean, I don't recall seeing anyone else

I haven't been on it either. I can't wait until I finally get to go. Do express passes work for that ride? I also have a question about the glasses for the in-between do we get to keep them or do we have to return them like at the movies? I know that you used to be able to keep them I'm just wondering if that changed.

The glasses, that's funny, in 07 you kept them, Now you keep them too, but they ask you to please give them back if you want, but, no one forces you to give them, there is a box where you can drop them, but, these are cardboard glasses, plus the rain, mine got totally ruined, don't know why the want us to give them back since most people are going to probably bend them or break them, but yeah you could keep them,

Rip Ride Rockit, I think Express works Im not sure, All I know is that they have a Single Rider option like in men in black, the line said 30 minutes for regular line, but single rider the like was like 25 minutes, but the regular line looked like it was probably 40 minutes, I was near the platform where you go in the cars but i was there for a while, still really glad they have single rider

I love it, I think I might try to do it once a day of HHN, is just so awesome

no, nowhere, you are right to point this out, and in 7 is only 2 guys, that's it, 2 guys in the entire park with cainsaws, :/ I mean, I don't recall seeing anyone else

The glasses, that's funny, in 07 you kept them, Now you keep them too, but they ask you to please give them back if you want, but, no one forces you to give them, there is a box where you can drop them, but, these are cardboard glasses, plus the rain, mine got totally ruined, don't know why the want us to give them back since most people are going to probably bend them or break them, but yeah you could keep them,

Rip Ride Rockit, I think Express works Im not sure, All I know is that they have a Single Rider option like in men in black, the line said 30 minutes for regular line, but single rider the like was like 25 minutes, but the regular line looked like it was probably 40 minutes, I was near the platform where you go in the cars but i was there for a while, still really glad they have single rider

I love it, I think I might try to do it once a day of HHN, is just so awesome

Thanks, call me cheap but I'm glad we can keep the glasses. It's a free souvenir and I like free, I spend too much on souvenir's anyway. As for the single rider entrance for HRRR that's good for me. My wife hates roller coasters, hopefully express works though because that'll be even quicker.