HHN 21: Our Mutual Friend

JDW

Angels descend through the glimmering gloom

Lustful and greedy, they flit room to room

What really stands out is "Angels descend" which makes me think of fallen angels or demons perhaps, and "Lustful and greedy" are two of the seven sins that one can commit. I think this quote from our Mutual Friend correlates to the "Certain Rune" house with the occult (i.e. Hell, Demons,etc.)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really stands out is "Angels descend" which makes me think of fallen angels or demons perhaps, and "Lustful and greedy" are two of the seven sins that one can commit. I think this quote from our Mutual Friend correlates to the "Certain Rune" house with the occult (i.e. Hell, Demons,etc.)

Did you read the poem that Legacy posted? I think this one has to be for the war house. Too much of a coincidence!

Also - I have other reasons to believe this clue specifically points to our "female" house, but unfortunately I'm not at liberty to explain why. =(

Fallen angels descend on the dead and dying in a hospital for the souls of those fallen in battle. Kinda like grim reapers maybe? Whatever the details I definately think this is our war hospital. Legacy nailed it with the Lady with the lamp.

Edited by Grimp0nd

I agree this could be our WWI house.

When I first heard of nurses being cast, I thought of the novella by Stephen King "The Little Sisters of Eluria", which is a story linked to The Dark Tower.

Short synopsis about the Little Sisters

Roland and his horse arrive at a deserted village, Eluria, where he encounters a feral dog bearing a cross-shaped spot in its fur attempting to eat a dead body. Roland scares it off, and while looking over the corpse, finds a rectangle-shaped medallion. Roland takes it, and is immediately attacked and rendered unconscious by a group of slow mutants, but later awakens in a hospital marquee run by a strange group of nuns. Calling themselves The Little Sisters, they use tiny bug-like creatures they call "doctors" to heal his severe injuries. At first, they seem benign, but Roland slowly discovers that they are actually vampires, who bring stray survivors back to their "hospital" only to feed on them once they've recovered.

I could see our nurses being something similar (not the exact characters) to these "Little Sisters". So, I am in agreement with the thoughts that our nurses are some kind of vampire/succubus that are preying on the wounded soldiers.

Dr. Jimmy, while anything whovian is most likely wishful thinking, we can hope that our nurses have some feline attributes.

I agree this could be our WWI house.

When I first heard of nurses being cast, I thought of the novella by Stephen King "The Little Sisters of Eluria", which is a story linked to The Dark Tower.

Short synopsis about the Little Sisters

I could see our nurses being something similar (not the exact characters) to these "Little Sisters". So, I am in agreement with the thoughts that our nurses are some kind of vampire/succubus that are preying on the wounded soldiers.

Dr. Jimmy, while anything whovian is most likely wishful thinking, we can hope that our nurses have some feline attributes.

I thought I'd read all the Dark Tower stories but I missed that one. Is it a short story in one of his other books or what? Can you tell me where to find it?

Concerning the Dr, the Sisters of Plenitude and the weeping angels I can almost positively say they won't be present at the hospital house. An angel house would be brilliant especially with strobe lighting symbolising blinking wouldn't it? I have it on good authority that there is currently no activity with either race although he does admit he's been quite busy with the Silence lately. Maybe another time. He quite likes early 20th century doctors, they wear bow ties. Bow ties are cool.

I thought I'd read all the Dark Tower stories but I missed that one. Is it a short story in one of his other books or what? Can you tell me where to find it?

Concerning the Dr, the Sisters of Plenitude and the weeping angels I can almost positively say they won't be present at the hospital house. An angel house would be brilliant especially with strobe lighting symbolising blinking wouldn't it? I have it on good authority that there is currently no activity with either race although he does admit he's been quite busy with the Silence lately. Maybe another time. He quite likes early 20th century doctors, they wear bow ties. Bow ties are cool.

I may be completely wrong on this one, but from everything we've seen, I wouldn't bank on a "hospital" house. I think this will have a war setting. Maybe make-shift structures being used as medical buildings, but I'm not expecting to see an actual hospital.

But - this is just based on the game and the "WWI" theme. I could be wrong.

I may be completely wrong on this one, but from everything we've seen, I wouldn't bank on a "hospital" house. I think this will have a war setting. Maybe make-shift structures being used as medical buildings, but I'm not expecting to see an actual hospital.

But - this is just based on the game and the "WWI" theme. I could be wrong.

you are aware of Field Hospitals... right?

hosp_flag.gif

heliopolis2.jpg

4699436464_c4155e2bbe_z.jpg

Lastly, and while one still retains your attention,

Cull doubts for they've added another dimension

My two cents: 3D Demon house. A double meaning. Like a portal to another dimension and to literally have a house in "3D"

Final piece... so we have

Lastly, and while one still retains your attention,

Unclouding one's view may be done through these specs,

Cull doubts for they've added another dimension

Keep playing her games 'spite the stacks of the decks.

Yep. Definitely something more to come, although it may be something different than what we're expecting.

Well...we are expecting more games and some have joked about a 9th house (I know, its not happening).

The clues clearly suggest to keep playing the site games regardless of the seemingly completed state of the house of cards ("stacks of the decks").

They refer to our speculations of the event and currently clouded views and how this added dimension (to the games or playing of the games?) can help clear things up...

maybe?

Edited by L8NiteEngineer