HHN 21: Our Mutual Friend

JDW

I think who Floyd and Nurmi, especially in reference to the clue, can be established. Both were television host-pires who hosted, most importantly, horribly campy shows and movies. While we still don't know what's going on with Sprung 1 or Disaster at this point... the television props near Disaster mean that the television host(s) are probably associated with this house.

So, Disaster, vampires, television props, television hosts... it looks like we have characters and story (Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter :lol: ).

Now, the "Easter" room and what we are still assuming is a "Christmas" room suddenly become suspect (and I've been turned every which way on deciphering this house). They could be scenes from fake, "horrible movies" being hosted by vampire host, or "sets" from television specials that our vampire is hosting. I would want to lean to the former, which could make the whole house almost like a tongue-in-cheek Silver Screams, only with a vampiric usher with an obnoxious accent.

Once again, I have no clue.

(If you're 100% on spec, you're cheating.)

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing about these two hosts (shame on me), but based on what you've devised I'd say it's definitely our humor house - a campy low budget TV show run by killer vampires. We go behind the scenes and through various cheeseball sets.

It... could work. Hmm... Seems like there's something missing. The vampire bit is what strikes me as "off." Campy TV show with killers would be an easy sell. But vampires?

This really does sound similar to the content of Fright Night doesn't it? I know it's being remade this year does anyone know if it's a Universal movie and what the release date is. That would be kinda cool for me as it was the first horror movie I saw in a movie theatre and so I have fond memories of it.

Ok if the hint from our Mutual Friend does mean Fright Night something just occured to me. Last years event was supposed to be the climax of a 20 year cycle ending in Fear being revealed. This year was supposed to be a new beginning, a new era, a start of another cycle. I'm sure most of you remember what began the last cycle and it wasn't called Halloween Horror Nights. It was called Fright Nights. Be kinda fitting don't you think?

Here's my take... and I mostly came up with this right before the clue came out (when I heard about the production equipment)

I'm positive this is the Dark humor house and the Disaster! queue.

Being that both are late night horror movie hosts. (one being the comedic parody of the other)

The holiday decorations in conjunction with the production equipment makes me think it will be the filiming of a cheesy horror where the lead role kills the crew and you. (Much Like Hell's High or Lights, Camera, Hacktion!). the movie could be called "The Calander Killer" or "The Holiday Killer" or something cheesy like that.

That's just my idea but it will definitely involve TV/Movie filiming, some sort of killing, and maybe vampires?

Ok if the hint from our Mutual Friend does mean Fright Night something just occured to me. Last years event was supposed to be the climax of a 20 year cycle ending in Fear being revealed. This year was supposed to be a new beginning, a new era, a start of another cycle. I'm sure most of you remember what began the last cycle and it wasn't called Halloween Horror Nights. It was called Fright Nights. Be kinda fitting don't you think?

Ooo, nice!!! Way to tie it all up!

I would be totally into the campy Creature Feature/Fright Night type house. I don't think any of the Fright Nights (1, 2, or the remake) are done by Universal, so I doubt there's a direct link, but the idea could be fun to toy with in a house...or even for a future icon...

Mae

Here's my take... and I mostly came up with this right before the clue came out (when I heard about the production equipment)

I'm positive this is the Dark humor house and the Disaster! queue.

Being that both are late night horror movie hosts. (one being the comedic parody of the other)

The holiday decorations in conjunction with the production equipment makes me think it will be the filiming of a cheesy horror where the lead role kills the crew and you. (Much Like Hell's High or Lights, Camera, Hacktion!). the movie could be called "The Calander Killer" or "The Holiday Killer" or something cheesy like that.

That's just my idea but it will definitely involve TV/Movie filiming, some sort of killing, and maybe vampires?

Not to imply that this is the inspiration, but there's a really terrible anthology movie about holiday horror...I can't remember the name now, of course, but it had stories about the Easter Bunny and Valentine's Day...plus there's some sort of villian in Batman that did the same...

Mae

Well my thought was previous houses becuase they love to make things go from screen to reality.

That and that fake Grindhouse trailer for "Thanksgiving"

But plenty of movies have been made about twisted holidays. Black Christmas, Leprechaun, Silent Night Deadly night, etc.

But yeah their is calander man from Batman.

I know this goes against everything we've been speculating for clue 3, but I had to throw this out there. One of the code names for the Jaws house is Insomniac. as you all know an Insomniac is someone who cannot fall asleep. I found this interesting, because Vampires are always out and about at night...thus they are basically insomniacs. Maybe Jaws house will take place in New Yorkshire but won't focus on the events of Saws and Steam, instead focusing on some more strange goings on in the small town, this time involving vampires. I hate to point it out again, but Horizons Extractions is not necessarily extracting water from our bodies, and blood is yet another bounty our bodies hold. Could Jaws be a vampire house???? Who knows, but I'd be willing to place a small bet on it.

I know this goes against everything we've been speculating for clue 3, but I had to throw this out there. One of the code names for the Jaws house is Insomniac. as you all know an Insomniac is someone who cannot fall asleep. I found this interesting, because Vampires are always out and about at night...thus they are basically insomniacs. Maybe Jaws house will take place in New Yorkshire but won't focus on the events of Saws and Steam, instead focusing on some more strange goings on in the small town, this time involving vampires. I hate to point it out again, but Horizons Extractions is not necessarily extracting water from our bodies, and blood is yet another bounty our bodies hold. Could Jaws be a vampire house???? Who knows, but I'd be willing to place a small bet on it.

That seems to work against how Jaws is being cast, however. Numerous scareactors (especially the chainsaws) appear to be being cast in Jaws queue. If there is a return to New Yorkshire, it's going to have some of the same citizens. It doesn't make sense to have veteran chainsaws in a house unless that is important to the theme of the house, and it doesn't get much more important to theme than a chainsaw scarezone going in doors.

The problem with this theory is that each clue matches a different house. This is putting two clues on one house. I see where you got the idea, but combining clues will leave you a clue short in the end, I'm willing to bet.

The problem with this theory is that each clue matches a different house. This is putting two clues on one house. I see where you got the idea, but combining clues will leave you a clue short in the end, I'm willing to bet.

Unless all clues share something in common.

Does anyone find it odd how clue 1 is phrased as a question? Kind of like an interview.

Unless all clues share something in common.

Does anyone find it odd how clue 1 is phrased as a question? Kind of like an interview.

Well, all clues share the couplet/rhyme so far. That might mean something for the future, but I wouldn't have a clue as to how. But otherwise each clue matches with a house, based on my knowledge.

Interesting :)

The good Dr has brought that up a couple of times too (rhythmic couplets). I get the subtle nudge but have no idea t this point how to pull it together

Best place to hide something is in plain sight. I am curious as to the next clue.

Plus there are others here that far surpass my mental ability to decipher the clues, so I'll just wait and read what they post.

Guest HHNPicMan

Interesting :)

Best place to hide something is in plain sight. I am curious as to the next clue.

Plus there are others here that far surpass my mental ability to decipher the clues, so I'll just wait and read what they post.

So are you saying that maybe these clues we were given, lead to the possibility that we cant find out more information by following the clues?

Rhyming couplets, in and of themselves, cannot give a clue to anything outside of what is being specifically stated. In general, the cadence and structure of any writing is used to establish tone more than anything else. It cannot provide any information other than signifying the attitude of the writer. Now, within the context of the clues, the rhyme scheme shows intent and (if you can recognize it) a hint of familiarity. They aren't from our icon (if it were, it would imply our icon is a writer herself), but they are intentional and very carefully worded. Rhymes don't come easy. A good poet carefully weighs every word, and every word of our clues is carefully chosen. It rhymes because it's intentional and fun. That's all you can really get from that, specifically.

With that, the clues so far are specifically written for specific locations. Attempting to combine them with each other or have them generalize things as a whole will only confuse you and complicate speculation.

In other words... take the clues at face value. Don't over think them.

Guest HHNPicMan

So here we go. After performing some extensive research on the internet, and reading the post from many of the participants here, I have come up with a logically thought out answer. In my opinion, the answer reveals something huge in my mind.

One stands to lose their body's bounty, if they return to God's Own County..... I have come to realize that the only group of people who would stand to lose their life (body’s bounty) would be a pirate. Why do I say this? Let’s examine it…

Peter Faulk’s first role in life was at the age of 12. He played in a pirate production that was widely popular in the USA, and UK. However, there was controversy surrounding the production. First, the play was created in England. After having a successful run in England, producers in the USA decided to produce the same play. At this time period, there were NO copyright laws for foreigners. Thus, the American producers basically stole the play, and had a successful run in the USA. So, when it comes to Peter Faulk, he simply played in stage play, where the producers would stand to inherit great pain and humiliation if they ever returned to England. You see, Gods Own County is where the play was stolen from. Therefore, returning the play would surely cause irreparable harm.

Second, Malia Nurmi also played in a pirate feature. She had a successful career for the most part. However, her luck did run out. Much like Peter Faulk. Nurmi was in show business, until the later part of her life. She ended up selling linoleum floors and carpet. I’d say that was some bad luck. She went from a successful show-biz career to selling flooring. Peter Faulk also had the same fate. Not only did he have a successful career in show-biz, but he to fell to bad luck dying from several diseases.

On the other hand, Steve Jobs left the country for many years. He became a Buddhist at one point in his life. Are we starting to see a pattern of luck here? The Buddhist believe in life’s blessings, or luck as some of us put it. Steve Jobs has had a successful career, no doubt about it. However, it seems to be apparent that his luck will also run out in the end. He too will most likely die from disease.

Eoin Colfer fits into luck, because he has repeatedly admitted publically that his talent and writing skills have been “Gifts from the Gods.” I don’t know about you, but I see a pattern of luck here.

So far we have covered two themes. Pirates and Luck. But, what about the whole TV show / host idea floating around. Well, everyone can go back and read the speculation of the whole Disaster queue house and stuff.

Let me know leave you with my conclusions. First, too many people are looking to deep into the clues. When you connect them on a general level, you begin to see things criss-cross time and time again. Each one of the clues that we have been given can relate to several different things. Floyd and Nurmi can relate to a host/movie house, while also having to do with pirates and luck. Second, in all of the clues we have been given, pirates continually pop up time and time again. Therefore, I simply cannot overlook the possibility that we will see something having to do with pirates this year.

Finally, I have come to these conclusions by looking at the clues, and ONLY the clues. I feel that when you try to make a clue fit a certain area of the park, or a certain theme, you lose sight of what truly is right in front of you.

Perhaps it is like they say….. The best place to hide things are right out in front.

Enjoy, tearing this apart! Happy speculating…..

Guest HHNPicMan

Isn't Eoin Colfer still alive?

Yes he is. The point is, he says what he has in life is accreditted to luck. His own words...