HHN 21: Our Mutual Friend

JDW

Thank you for making this a separate section...wasn't trying to be a d**k...just so many BS posts on the SPECULATION post.

Sorry for sounding like a baby, just sick of the BS posts under speculation thread making me think there was more info to be had!

Flame away...........

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also do not expect that EVERY house and scarezone will tie in with a gambling theme. We will likely have a house set in a gambling establishment, but that does not mean every house will be. in fact we are pretty certain that there will be a house based on the upcoming Thing film.

BUT, even if every house does not tie-in to gambling and games of chance by theme, they may in fact tie-in to this concept in another way altogether...

I've been saying that for a couple of months now... :lol:

Okay? Care to explain or did you just want to sound special?

He shouldn't have to explain. All he is stating is that, according to his source, our interpretation of the clue is correct. It's confirming something we have been discussing for over a week. We don't want to spell it out, because it wasn't spelled for us. Several have already figured out the icons, and we keep indirectly stating who they exactly are (and also, who they are not). You have to read more than the last page of a thread. If you really can't decipher what we are saying... keep trying. We speak in vague riddles because we don't want to show our hand. Cody doesn't want to reveal his source, and that is perfectly acceptible. None of us will. It's part of Horror Nights spec. It's the way the game has been played for years. If you don't want to be dealt in, then simply sit at the table and watch a few rounds. You'll pick up on it eventually.

I'm making this statement because this is the second time I've noticed you requesting an explanation or hand-out. It's, very likely, not going to happen.

I will say this: the answer to the riddle does not necessarily have to be about icons. Perhaps it's about another aspect of the event?

On the note about sources and speculation, there's a very big reason as to why we speak in vague clues: blabbing as soon as you hear something is a good way to get your source to stop talking to you.

Let me make something clear - I do not expect everything to tie into "gambling." Rather, I expect them to play off the idea that everyone's FATE leads to DEATH. Gambling will obviously play a role, with a house, zone, hell maybe even a show. But the core idea that will link the houses and zones (based on what I've read and what's been implied to be true) will be that everyone's fate is death, no matter what you do. Almost any HHN concept can be tied rather easily to that, even The Thing (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let that rumor be true!)

Let me make something clear - I do not expect everything to tie into "gambling." Rather, I expect them to play off the idea that everyone's FATE leads to DEATH. Gambling will obviously play a role, with a house, zone, hell maybe even a show. But the core idea that will link the houses and zones (based on what I've read and what's been implied to be true) will be that everyone's fate is death, no matter what you do. Almost any HHN concept can be tied rather easily to that, even The Thing (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let that rumor be true!)

Something in this paragraph is correct.

He shouldn't have to explain. All he is stating is that, according to his source, our interpretation of the clue is correct. It's confirming something we have been discussing for over a week. We don't want to spell it out, because it wasn't spelled for us. Several have already figured out the icons, and we keep indirectly stating who they exactly are (and also, who they are not). You have to read more than the last page of a thread. Cody doesn't want to reveal his source, and that is perfectly acceptible.

I'm making this statement because this is the second time I've noticed you requesting an explanation or hand-out. It's, very likely, not going to happen.

Oh my gosh. My bad, I took his statement as him ONLY saying that he had a source that told him something. I didn't realize he was saying that the other's spec was correct. Also, I have been reading all of the pages, I just didnt notice that he wrote anything else. I guess the lack of sleep is taking its toll :)

Edited by twistedHHNpath

So, after reading a lot of talk about death, fate, heaven, hell, and some great information from the Dr. and Cody and everyone, the afterlife leads me to think along the lines of the supernatural (LT stuff?!!) and the idea of fate... My idea of fate at least, is that there is nothing you can do to change fate. You make decisions, and your fate is based off of those decisions. Decisions like: gambling, crime, etc. Maybe something like "you commit the crime, your fate is jail time or even death (that just might be me wanting another Hellgate Prison though XD).

Everyones fate is death, hmm? So that means eventually, we must all come face to face with "Death". I mean if you think about it, there is only one thing that makes every single human being on the planet alike. Not religion, not race, not even bodily functions or birth (test-tubes, asthma, etc.). The innevitability of death is the only thing that every human being has in common.

Regardless if this has anything to do with truth in the HHN spec, that's some deep shit. :)

What i notice the main outline topic of the conversation is how no matter what position you play in life in the end ...DEATH visits all and this is out FATE...but what we define as death and fate diffres heance why maybe they are turning to the latin culture...they are trying to make us see the world from many diffrent angles..

While I agree with the DEATH comes to us all and it is our FATE I still have to ask why these three individuals. The clue could have just as easily been: In heaven, the three with whom I would talk? A young boy, A man who just heard he is terminally ill, and a man who sleeps eternally.

Why these specific individuals?

Edited by strangeoneout

While I agree with the DEATH comes to us all and it is our FATE I still have to ask why these three individuals. The clue could have just as easily been: In heaven, the three with whom I would talk? A young boy, A man who just heard he is terminally ill, and a man who sleeps eternally.

because then it would be more obvious.

a good riddle needs something to lead you in the wrong direction.

To tie in culture and history i guess...and maybe it symbolizes the stages that one goes through with thier health...health as a horse one minute....termanily ill the next...then god for bid he could be dead the next...

I still have to ask why these three individuals.

I think a better question is: Why three people?

Not who they are or what they've done, but why three?

It's been mentioned by Dr. Jimmy and myself that the usage of three fates is a rather common occurrence in religions.

If the clue is pointing us toward fate, could the usage of three be pointing to three icons?

I think a better question is: Why three people?

Not who they are or what they've done, but why three?

It's been mentioned by Dr. Jimmy and myself that the usage of three fates is a rather common occurrence in religions.

If the clue is pointing us toward fate, could the usage of three be pointing to three icons?

Such as the Holy trinity? The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost? Zombie Jesus as a blackjack dealer? Hmm,

Edited by JONNYFXM

This is probably really, really wrong, but if the three people represent the living, dying, and dead.

And this statement is stated by someone who would like to meet them...

Maybe it's coming from someone inbetween? Neither living, dying, or dead?

Edited by Circ

Such as the Holy trinity? The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost? Zombie Jesus as a blackjack dealer? Hmm,

No, more along the idea of the Triple Goddess.

The Norn

The Moriea

The Parcae

Even The Morrigan

Interestingly enough, the Triple Goddess is also a represented in the form of the Maiden, the Mother, the Crone.

Maiden - a woman in the beginning of her life.

Mother - a woman who is in her mid-life

Crone - a woman at end of her life, stoically awaiting Death.

Living, Dying, Dead. But this could just be my esoteric view on things.

So I'm taking this to mean that either our Death Icon and Fate Icon will be one and the same, or they will be 2 separate entities.

well were guessing at Chance and Fate but death is going to take a big role in the event like it does every year..only maybe a diffrent personification(not the caretaker)

Everyone has the same Fate.

Everyone meets Death.

Everyone's Fate IS Death.

Death = Fate

They are the same entity (within the context of this year).

So over at HHNRumors I think they found the definitive answer that we are looking for.

Eoin Colfer wrote the last book in the Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy series called "And another Thing..."

Steve Jobs is well known for his phrase "One more thing..."

Peter falk wrote a book called just one more thing.

Clearly this clue is pointing to the remake of The Thing and the house that will be at HHN to promote it. This of course is old news.

P.S. I wonder how many people at Auditions picked up on the fact the sheet with work conditions list "must be able to work in extream heat or cold."

I still think the "Thing" connection between these three is coincidence and that this particular clue was just supposed to be about DEATH/FATE. Not to say I don't believe a Thing house will be at this HHN, just saying I think we're delving too far.

Why three? Because it gives the riddle a proper rhythm? I don't think we'll have three icons.

I still think the "Thing" connection between these three is coincidence and that this particular clue was just supposed to be about DEATH/FATE. Not to say I don't believe a Thing house will be at this HHN, just saying I think we're delving too far.

Why three? Because it gives the riddle a proper rhythm? I don't think we'll have three icons.

At the risk of being misunderstood again, I recommend paying close attention to this :