Returning houses, how many of you want them?

Goo

I'm just curious. How many of you would like to see houses from previous years make a return this year? If so, how many? How many of you would rather not see any at all?

Edited by Goo

Guest HHNPicMan

I don't want to see anything from 2009 and prior to return; they promised us a New Era, and I want a New Era. I don't even want to see sequels to 2010 until 2012 or 2013.

You will get your wish. Let's just say a little birdie has been flying around my place of business!

There are some houses I would like to see a return of/sequel but not for a few years down the road. As Cody said this is the New Era they promised us and I am curious to see what A&D has in store for us. The past 20 years have brought us many things and as much as we all have our favorites let us see what the next 20 brings.

I agree that there's no need for repeats. We are in a "new era of darkness" so going backwards feels lazy and counterproductive.

Though if we had to have some repeats, I'd rather see them go back further and resurrect some truly old-school houses (like the original Dungeon of Terror, Psycho, or Universal Movie Monsters) since so many of us weren't around for them the first time. But when they just go back a couple years (do we really need Psycho Scareapy 14?!?!?) it just seems pointless.

You will get your wish. Let's just say a little birdie has been flying around my place of business!

I have heard the same thing. After a particular incident last summer, I have become VERY trusting of my source.

I often get the impression that some fans are almost afraid of change. Whenever the new year approaches, we're bombarded with theories based around the past. What happened to thinking of the future?

I really enjoy seeing the creative team's new ideas every year, but I am not totally against seeing previously used themes being brought back as long as there is a "new spin" placed on the original story. Whether or not any of these return this year or in the coming years, sooner or later I would really enjoy seeing new versions of:

SOONER

Midway of the Bizarre/Fearhouse - if Amity has been deemed to be too much of a cluster to use for a scarezone ever again, maybe they could re-create this atmosphere in one of the Soundstages.

Hellgate Prison - A realistic prison without any "ghosts" is truly scary. Warden Strickland MUST come back for the sequel.

S.S. Frightanic - Cruise Ship extravagance and also claustrophobic hallways well below the "sun deck".

The Thing - Such a great concept house back in '07. I'd love to see a re-imagining get the proper Soundstage treatment.

Ghost Town - So much potential for expanding on this theme....

Dead Exposure - Continue with the zombie theme and keep the ultra-high anxiety feel of the house.

Field of Screams/Harvest of the Souls/The Hallow/Skool - A mixture of these Halloween themes would be perfect. Also, bring back the corn from FoS and pray for good weather. :)

Hades/mythology - Many ways they could go with other variations based on mythology.

Saws 'N Steam/steampunk city - Lots of opportunity to expand here.

LATER

Hell's High/Lights, Camera, Hacktion - A Film Production gone wrong theme. Also could be combined with....

More from The Director - He never had a house that focused on the films that he actually directed. Keep the real-life movie references out and design a house based solely on his own snuff film-making.

Movie Icons - Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, Hannibal Lecter, Michael Myers, Wolfman, Frankenstein etc. all have their place at haunted events. Just use them sparingly....

Castle Vampyr/Dracula - Keep with the medieval theme, stick with a castle and build the story from there, no raving vampires with glow sticks please. Do not stray very far from the original Vampyr castle vibe.

Toy Hell/Chucky/Dead Silence - A new house using the evil toy/puppets theme would be ok in my book.

Screamhouse - A new Victorian style house featuring the Caretaker/Cindy. This one is more of a personal wish as I never got to experience the original Screamhouse.

Scary Tales IV - Yes, I hope sometime in the future we will see a return of the Evil Fairy Tales.

bruinsfan, I think you made the exact list I would have. Good job.

Also, I would have to agree I dont see the big deal of catacombs. It was a great house, but I have definitely been through better.

As for a few more to add to bruinsfan's I wouldnt mind seeing again:

-"Run" style chainlink fence, MAZE feel houses.

-"superstitions" the idea of mental psychological fears brought to life

-"house of wax" only for the confusion between props and real scareactors

-"Creatures!" with the redneck, shotgun alien battle sequel. Who wins?!?

I would want a return of Leave it to Cleaver...i loved that house...i would want to see a continuation where the family has been run out of town and are plotting on revenge against the town

yeah lol, maybe this time they will make it Actually scary,

none of that False Advertising we had with the first Leave it to cleaver, I say bring it back if they make it better,

I'm on the same boat as the people that want a clean slate. But if I had to choose houses to come back for sequels, Dark Torment, and Cold Blind Terror would be my choices.

• Like 1

I'm on the same boat as the people that want a clean slate. But if I had to choose houses to come back for sequels, Dark Torment, and Cold Blind Terror would be my choices.

I know we are entitled to our opinions....

However, why would you want a sequel to Cold Blind Terror??!!??!! That house was poorly thought out and poorly executed. It would have to be a completely new idea with a different name if it was ever redone successfully.

I'm just sayin'!

I'd love to see the original RUN house redone. It's the only maze i've read about that I've never experianced that I really want too. It's incarnation in 2006 was fun but not the RUN I wanted. However I would be okay waiting till next year to see it. One repeat house this year is enough.

I know we are entitled to our opinions....

However, why would you want a sequel to Cold Blind Terror??!!??!! That house was poorly thought out and poorly executed. It would have to be a completely new idea with a different name if it was ever redone successfully.

I'm just sayin'!

It was done poorly when it was done. I feel like if they did it RIGHT, it would be an all dark house, that uses hearing and touch as it's key scare points. I think it could be a really scary house if done correctly.

It is of my opinion that for this year there should be NO repeats whatsoever, with the possible exception of The Thing (since it'd based off of the new prequel). However, in the coming years, I wouldn't mind a few repeats...

Dead Exposure II - my favorite house from 08. The concept is brilliant and has incredible scare potential. Continue the story beyond Charlie and show us the next stage of the zombie invasion; perhaps a vacation gone wrong, where we're walking through the photographs of an unsuspecting family's vacation photo album. A soundstage could work, but with the lack of ceilings, it might just be more effective using a tent again.

Ghost Town II - I'm really surprised this theme hasn't been cultivated more... tons of potential in the old west. Make them zombies, ghouls, whatever - we need another Ghost Town. Soundstage only.

RUN - not based off the Hostel version, the original "gameshow" style concept. Best suited for the Disaster queue of course.

Catacombs II - quite possibly the best house of 2010, at least in my opinion. The claustrophobic sets are what made the house so special, so I feel a little hesitant to cry for a soundstage iteration, but they could make it work. We have our plot thread - the corpses are now in a museum and wreaking havoc. Why not play off that idea?

HAVOC - I like the idea and some of the execution of the 2010 house. It suffered from the repeat sets, but the actors and concept/plot were great. Either release the DOWs in the streets as a scare zone or give us a new house with some form of laboratory - hell, show us the DOW creation process. Take us through a military training facility to see the carnage they created.

ZAP - I want more ZAP, too. In particular, a scare zone, some sort of training ground, like a shooting gallery. Might work best in the Shrek Alley?

Funhouses - of any type, these can always be winners. I'd kind of love to see a funhouse on a ridiculous scale - they've always been crammed in tight places (Naazarman's, Thunder Falls Terrace, and a tent) - so why not build a crazy elaborate one in a soundstage or the parade building? Maybe build an entire amusement park of crazy clowns. Just please, no Jack.

Treaks & Foons - perhaps this could be tied into the funhouse idea... I'd love to see these guys back in some form, either as an updated scare zone or in a house of their own.

Body Collectors - I know we just saw them last year, but there's so much potential here. We've established that they've existed for quite some time, in many different time periods. We've done Ripper-era London - how about an Ed Gein-inspired midwest Body Collectors?

Creatures II - this time done right. More actual creatures and therefore redneck on monster warfare.

Evilution II - look, I know the original may not have been super popular, and we can't return to Jurassic Park proper, but I think there's a lot to be seen from the concept here. Dino-human hybrid messes? Count me in!

Demon Cantina II - tons of costume and set potential here. Hell, you could turn this into a scare zone of sorts if you really wanted to with a demon biker gang.

Maximum Carnage II - won't ever happen, but I'd love them to take another stab at the scarier Marvel villains (Carnage, Venom, Mysterio, The Lizard, Juggernaut, etc...)

Things I would NOT like to see...

Psycho House - I think this one is kind of played out. The last one took place in Norman's mind for goodness sake.

People Under the Stairs - also kind of played out. Plenty of iterations, the latest being a resounding dud.

Psychoscareapy - This one's officially ended in any a case, but Echoes of Shadybrook simply wasn't that scary.

yeah lol, maybe this time they will make it Actually scary,

none of that False Advertising we had with the first Leave it to cleaver, I say bring it back if they make it better,

But the ridiculousness was wat i loved about that house...i really do hope they bring it back

I'd love to see a returning house but not in the next 4 or 5 years. They should wait until the 25th anniversary and bring back the greatest hits. One thing I would like to see is another Leave it to Cleaver, but this time in the Streets not in a house. I think I would get more out of it. Leave it to Cleaver: Taking it to the Streetz. And the "z" stands for fresh quality.