HHN XXI Speculation II

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I do so love history, and the teaching of it. I really miss my classroom and my students....sigh. I am really excited about the possibilities of this house, as well as the possibility of a Poe house.

This post was awesome! Even if it didn't really change what Dr. Jimmy posted regarding our house, it certainly was an interesting read! Thanks!

Hmm, very interesting info on the coin. That definitely puts us at or after 1492. The rumors about this being related to the Columbus voyage may have been a little bit more accurate than I had thought. I'm positive that this is where the Spanish speaking actors are going to be...I mean, where else could they be? Glad that it isn't a "Spanish Inquisition" house, that would've certainly been odd. I'm thinking that even though this screams "Pirate" ship, it could simply be a ghost ship or just a shipwreck. Or, possibly, one that was attacked by pirates if you still want to go that route. I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far...can't wait for the "big reveal." They still have enough time to build up a somewhat elaborate back story, and from what we've been given so far, I think that things can be tied together rather nicely if they choose to go that route this year.

as far as 1492 and piracy... If so it would be quite historically inaccurate. As if we are talking columbus (era)...

1.) pirates wouldnt be trolling those waters as it is not a trade route yet. a.k.a nothing of value to steal.

2.) the first known acts of spanish piracy in those waters would not be until about 30 years later... and the golden age of piracy being over 60- 100 years later.

New Picture HHN posted on there FB page..

295967_10150283016388233_126469058232_7845284_3092813_n.jpg

This picture is interesting. The shape of it reminds me of a television screen. The edges are rounded, there's grain, and it's pretty much black and white. Obviously this has come from the Disaster queue, probably from the same scene that our fake"leaked' picture was taken.

Edited by Goo

I am beginning to think that the Chinese New Year was just a happy speculation dream that will never be realized.

But I have noticed something else. We have three major forms of "official" clues. The rhymed couplets of Our Mutual Friend, the games on the website and the cards on the Facebook page.

So far we have received 6 rhymes, 6 games and 2 cards.

So far we only have all 3 for one house, the Spanish Ships house believed to be in the Parade Building.

And there is only one house for which we have NOT received any clues whatsoever. The house in Sprung Tent 2, now mostly believed to be a Poe house.

Guest HHNPicMan

I am beginning to think that the Chinese New Year was just a happy speculation dream that will never be realized.

But I have noticed something else. We have three major forms of "official" clues. The rhymed couplets of Our Mutual Friend, the games on the website and the cards on the Facebook page.

So far we only have all 3 for one house, the Spanish Ships house believed to be in the Parade Building.

And there is only one house for which we have NOT received any clues whatsoever. The house in Sprung Tent 2, now mostly believed to be a Poe house.

Dr. Jimmy, how was the nap!!!

Does anyone else see Universal directing our attention away from the streets? I'm mean look at how much we have right now revolving around houses, and what we will soon learn in a couple of days. So far, we have not a word about streets. Have you seen the photos of street construction after only 2 nights of work? So far, streets are amazing. I mean, if they are basically blocking the entire flow through in Shrek Alley, can you image what they are going to do with the other large scarezones?

Dr. Jimmy seeing your post and seeing the pictures of street construction, I think its time we start looking into the streets. We already know houses will be spectacularly themed, so maybe we should focus on the streets. Seeing the simple blacked tarped fences in Shrek Alley today really pumped me up for this year. I havent seen a street almost blocked in a very long time for HHN. It was completely amazing.

The new image they uploaded to HHN's Facebook was posted here but not discussed, everyone was distracted discussing the coin. (Besides Goo!) What are your guys thoughts on what house it's from?

I could see it being from the Disaster house. Less likely, I could see it being in the Jaws house if in Saws n Steam you're walking through a house or something being taken over by them chainsaws... Although, from what we've seen in Jaws it seems like it'll be more of a factory.

Edited by PWT

The new image they uploaded to HHN's Facebook was posted here but not discussed, everyone was distracted discussing the coin. (Besides Goo!) What are your guys thoughts on what house it's from?

I could see it being from the Disaster house. Less likely, I could see it being in the Jaws house if in Saws n Steam you're walking through a house or something being taken over by them chainsaws... Although, from what we've seen in Jaws it seems like it'll be more of a factory.

Disaster House.

I believe there are construction pics from Disaster with blocks in them.

EDIT: I double checked and yes there are construction pics on Rumors from Disaster showing the blocks.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

I'm really hopeful for the streets to be the best we've ever seen this year. As for the house revolving around the ship I think the coin being from 1492 proves it will have something to do with Columbus. The Columbus clue though leads us to believe it will be about his 4th voyage in 1502. Columbus's ships came through fine but 500 crew members and a bunch of gold were lost at sea. I think were gonna find out what happened to the 500 men and the gold on their ships.

I'm really hopeful for the streets to be the best we've ever seen this year. As for the house revolving around the ship I think the coin being from 1492 proves it will have something to do with Columbus. The Columbus clue though leads us to believe it will be about his 4th voyage in 1502. Columbus's ships came through fine but 500 crew members and a bunch of gold were lost at sea. I think were gonna find out what happened to the 500 men and the gold on their ships.

Good point! This would be a cool scenario for a house and most likely on target for the back story.

People forget (or do not know) that Columbus was somewhat ruthless... His conquest of the Carribean led to the annihilation of the Tainos natives. His "captain logs" so to speak showed how he mocked the natives for not understanding the importantance of gold and other tradeable items. I believe on the 1st day of his encounter with natives, he enslaved 6. Remember, Columbus needed proof for the Spanish Crown and after a 3 month or more voyage home, plants died ect... Therefore a native would be the best sort of proof.

Just pure fantasy but it would be cool to see a scareactor play the role of a native seeking revenge on the crew of the Columbus Voyage just from a historical standpoint.

Edited by Teach

Now we have all 3 for 2 of the houses. The Spanish ships (Parade), as you said, and the tv studio (Disaster).

Spanish ships - rhyme in Spanish about a missing ship, photo of decrepit face and rigging in background, loose cannon game.

Tv studio - rhyme about Floyd and Nurmi, photo of blocks "Just Die", and the pick a tv game.

Good point! This would be a cool scenario for a house and most likely on target for the back story.

People forget (or do not know) that Columbus was somewhat ruthless... His conquest of the Carribean led to the annihilation of the Tainos natives. His "captain logs" so to speak showed how he mocked the natives for not understanding the importantance of gold and other tradeable items. I believe on the 1st day of his encounter with natives, he enslaved 6. Remember, Columbus needed proof for the Spanish Crown and after a 3 month or more voyage home, plants died ect... Therefore a native would be the best sort of proof.

Just pure fantasy but it would be cool to see a scareactor play the role of a native seeking revenge on the crew of the Columbus Voyage just from a historical standpoint.

I don't think people realize how ruthless Columbus was. Your not really taught that (at least I wasn't) in school. It was only my love of history that lead me to find out about his true character.

Sorry but am i the only one that seems to see that in the pic w/ the blocks there seems to be a similar watermark/hidden image to last years composite lamp image (remember?), could someone either post how the picture is edited (what settings changed), or an already edited pic to see the hidden image.

please check before posting that this is wrong or something

EDIT:

ok, played around, here are 2 edited versions, and the orig

295967_10150283016388233_126469058232_7845284_3092813_n.jpg -Orig.

aaa.jpg -Really messed around with:/

inv.jpg -Sharpened/inverted.

Edited by sebi321

Sorry but am i the only one that seems to see that in the pic w/ the blocks there seems to be a similar watermark/hidden image to last years composite lamp image (remember?), could someone either post how the picture is edited (what settings changed), or an already edited pic to see the hidden image.

Nice idea but your request is quite hefty... to actually extract an artifact from and image, you have have an original image to use as a filter. There is no such image. You can play with contrasts and invert the images but that is about it.

If there is a hidden image... it is well hidden. Looks like it is just a grunge/smoke overlay effect. Sharp eyes but if it is the beginning of a hidden image you would need a lot more info.

Dr. Jimmy seeing your post and seeing the pictures of street construction, I think its time we start looking into the streets. We already know houses will be spectacularly themed, so maybe we should focus on the streets. Seeing the simple blacked tarped fences in Shrek Alley today really pumped me up for this year. I havent seen a street almost blocked in a very long time for HHN. It was completely amazing.

Well, it is probable that some of the initial speculation for Hollywood is right on.

We can expect some cool new techniques in how scarezones are done throughout the night.

We can expect some cool new technology surrounding the zones.

And from my understanding, IFB is nothing but extremely tall people.

As stated by Dr. Raymond Holmes, "Streets are quite possibly the place to be this year."

EDIT:

ok, played around, here are 2 edited versions, and the orig

295967_10150283016388233_126469058232_7845284_3092813_n.jpg -Orig.

aaa.jpg -Really messed around with:/

inv.jpg -Sharpened/inverted.

What it looks like to me is strobing, like you used to see on television when somebody wore stripes or something.

Oh and the message is it "just die" or "just die pig"???

What it looks like to me is strobing, like you used to see on television when somebody wore stripes or something.

Oh and the message is it "just die" or "just die pig"???

It could be "just die pig", but it looks like another animal is next to the pig. So it could be "just die pig, rabbit, cat, dog". Or pig bear man. Tee hee

on the hints page it shows colored cards if you click on them it shows some odd images I'll post a link http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando?sk=app_167563356646319 click the 21 tab then hints click on one of the cards and tell me what you think :)

http://facebook.xstudiosdev.com/uo_hhn21_teaser/img/hints/house03-01.jpg

http://facebook.xstudiosdev.com/uo_hhn21_teaser/img/hints/house01-01.jpg

on the hints page it shows colored cards if you click on them it shows some odd images I'll post a link http://www.facebook.com/halloweenhorrornightsorlando?sk=app_167563356646319 click the 21 tab then hints click on one of the cards and tell me what you think :)

http://facebook.xstudiosdev.com/uo_hhn21_teaser/img/hints/house03-01.jpg

http://facebook.xstudiosdev.com/uo_hhn21_teaser/img/hints/house01-01.jpg

First one is Sprung 1, related to the Rune game.

Second one is from the Parade building, related to the Cannon game and our Spanish clue.