HHN XXI Speculation II

But what does grey stand for then, I wonder.....

I may have to put on my thinking hats... cap, I mean.

There are apparently two locations: New York and Sting Alley. As I am aware that the Rat Lady will be in New York, I believe that the New York location is being given for her and her attendants, whereas Sting Alley is so designated to separate the scarezone from this.

As for Willy Wonka, as I originated that speculation, let me just say that I now think the Disaster House will most likely be a television station where a vampiric Horror Host will be holding a Midnight Movie Marathon of Holiday themed horror films....

Good to hear then. We are having 6 zones, plus the oddity of Lucy.

And that's a really specific thought for Disaster. I still think horrible movies might fit... but that's a much larger net to cast out.

Edited by Legacy

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish our site would do something like the Hollywood site is doing, updating with house names. I noticed the Howl-O-Scream sites are doing that as well. As for the Disaster house, I like Dr. Jimmy's idea. I think it'd be the perfect place too, since that's usually where they have the queue video.

small edit

Good to hear then. We are having 6 zones, plus the oddity of Lucy.

smaller edit

I was watching some of my old videos the other night...2001, I think, and there were scareactors right at the gate to 'greet' you. They've had some activity there; 2007 had some clowns and the carousel bikes added, and 2008 had the mirror people, could we looking at more interaction there this year? We could have more of a theme to the entry, making it an official scarezone.

Mae

Guest HHNPicMan

I was watching some of my old videos the other night...2001, I think, and there were scareactors right at the gate to 'greet' you. They've had some activity there; 2007 had some clowns and the carousel bikes added, and 2008 had the mirror people, could we looking at more interaction there this year? We could have more of a theme to the entry, making it an official scarezone.

Mae

Mae, as usuall your post are always a welcomed read!

I think you are right about possibly having something at the front gate. You know, back in one of the VIP sessions, A&D talked about having some sort of thing where you choose your fate. Of course that was for 2005, which we all know now ended up not happening. However, after reading your post, I could see A&D doing something like, "Choose your fate." A which way to go type of deal. When people talk about Lucy, I think of the first big intersection in the park, where you either go through production place, or down Hollywood Blvd.

Speaking of choose your fate, wouldnt it be cool if they did that thing where they would let guest spin a wheel? The wheel would have stuff like go to the front of the line, or get sent to the back. It would be neat, and a crowd pleaser i'm sure.

Mae

I remember that from 2001 - there were chainsaw right up front. It was my first year, so I was absolutely terrified of going through security and being dumped right in front of the chainsaws! Probably too busy to put SAs right at the entrance for logistics, but it'd be nice!

We need pictures.

Below is representation of where the scarezones possibly are this year. This is based purely on speculation from auditions, casting and previous years. This is not official, but speculation, and is intended to be a visual guide of what we can possibly expect this year as far as SZ location goes.

We still don't know what Lucy is, although am anticipating a return of the "Wheel of Chance" concept from 2005 with a Barker (an improve-performer interacting with the crowd) and possibly crowd plants. It could very well be similar to the Port of Evil from 2002, only Studio-side.

SZ-Mapcopy.gif

Edited by Legacy

We need pictures.

Below is representation of where the scarezones possibly are this year. This is based purely on speculation from auditions, casting and previous years. This is not official, but speculation, and is intended to be a visual guide of what we can possibly expect this year as far as SZ location goes.

We still don't know what Lucy is, although am anticipating a return of the "Wheel of Chance" concept from 2005 with a Barker (an improve-performer interacting with the crowd) and possibly crowd plants. It could very well be similar to the Port of Evil from 2002, only Studio-side.

SZ-Mapcopy.gif

What if another alternate to NY could be on the opposite side of Gramacy Park?

What if another alternate to NY could be on the opposite side of Gramacy Park?

I considered it, but I'm basing that location on previous years. Apocalypse in 2009 was located in that area, as was Deadropolis in 2006. It was also the area predominately used by the Roaming CSDT last year. Universal attempts to create at least one "safe" road through the park, and that part of New York is traditionally it. It's where Stay and Scream is released into the park from (last year) and heavily used for carts. It also suffers from a great deal of light bleed from the games near the stage. The corner of New York is further away and darker.

I kind of miss when they used the entire New York street for one complete scarezone. I remember in 2000, the scareactors all had trash can lids and would scratch them against the street while running to make a pretty intense scare. When did they stop using those?

I kind of miss when they used the entire New York street for one complete scarezone. I remember in 2000, the scareactors all had trash can lids and would scratch them against the street while running to make a pretty intense scare. When did they stop using those?

I think they still use them from time to time. I know they used them in 2004 in Fright Yard, and I think I've seen them since then too.

I do miss them using the entirety of New York Streets as a scarezone... 2006's Deadtropolis was epic.

One of my friends said the door to the Jaws house was open and he saw some gas pipes, a big huge box that said paint booth, and lots of frames. He also said a fire effect could be returning again. What do you all think?

BehindThrills Behind the Thrills

We just received something that confirms rumors for #hhn. Saws and steam will graduate from scare zone to house. #fb

BTT tweeted this.

See this confuses me somewhat. As I was told by another source it was NOT S&S.

However... if they mean not "exactly" S&S then it makes sense... like a prequel house.

One of my friends said the door to the Jaws house was open and he saw some gas pipes, a big huge box that said paint booth, and lots of frames. He also said a fire effect could be returning again. What do you all think?

I think fire is a good bet if he saw gas pipes but could they just be part of the look of the house? I really think since there was fire in that house last year that it will be back this year IF the theme fits, which it seems to.

BTT tweeted this.

See this confuses me somewhat. As I was told by another source it was NOT S&S.

However... if they mean not "exactly" S&S then it makes sense... like a prequel house.

So that says that S&S will be a house? or just a rumor?

I have no idea what they could be talking about, but they did say "confirms".

The "rumor" about S&S came from the second clue provided by our Friend. The tweet is saying the our interpretation of the clue is correct and that the S&S theme is, in fact, becoming a house.