HHN XXI Speculation II

Yes, my posts not to expect Chance as an icon this year have either been ignored or been mysteriously caught up in the (many) deleted posts.......

Perhaps there was a reason I continued to say it so insistently?

Edited by Cody

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you clarify for those who dont know what your talking about

it was in reference to chance speculation.

I wish I could clarify further but I cannot other than saying that last year in the VIP lounge were were shown many things... and some of those were hints. Good ideas never die, but that doesnt mean they do not evolve.

it was in reference to chance speculation.

I wish I could clarify further but I cannot other than saying that last year in the VIP lounge were were shown many things... and some of those were hints. Good ideas never die, but that doesnt mean they do not evolve.

Ahh ok that makes more sense as to what your saying, I agree with that

Yes, my posts not to expect Chance as an icon this year have either been ignored or been mysteriously caught up in the (many) deleted posts.......

Perhaps there was a reason I continued to say it so insistently?

I'm going to ramble!

This isn't good enough as far as you stating that Chance wouldn't be a ICON that you have to post it over and over again? As I've said before, some members here have NO idea who you are to know if your speaking fact or fiction. Some of us do.

Then you have others that will believe what they want and will speculate on things that they think will happen. Sure we have "trusted" members here that DO know what they are talking about and will post things in riddles and clues without trying to give away sources. To a new person that has only been to HHN a couple times, or not at all these things are tough to figure out and only us in the KNOW have a clue on what your trying to say.

Trying to act all elite and smart isn't going to impress some people and what your saying will just get washed away. When posting on a forum as large as this with various types of fans and the general public, sometimes you have to post exactly what you mean until people learn more about the event and start to know more people they know have spoke the truth in the past.

This is a YEARLY thing as we will always have new members, let's make it friendly and teach these people what we know in a respectful way. I'd like to thank the ones that are trying to keep the speculation mature and on topic and not making things up to lead people in the wrong way.

As far as this site vs. site BS, get over it and move on. If you don't like some of the staff here and have personal issues with one of us, that's fine but don't make it as if we here at HNN like one site over the other. Were all fans of this event and others (HOS), Chad and I have been around long enough to know how these things go EVERY year on a large forum and some topics and members need more moderating than others. Both our sites (HNN and Rumors) were started to give the various fans a place to talk about the events and have FUN, when it this starts to become a job and it isn't fun anymore... "So Long.. Goodbye!" Get along, enjoy, have fun.. and let's get back to the what we all enjoy, PLEASE!

With all that said, please DO NOT reply to this post has it has nothing to do with speculation. If you wish to PM ME about anything said in this post, feel free!

Thanks everyone!

I don't really mind one way or another whether Chance is going to be an icon this year but a few people like Dr Jimmy and Cody have stated that they don't think that she will be. Is this based on any facts or is it just a guess? Have I missed some piece of information regarding Chance disregarding her involvement? If so could someone enlighten me?

Okay... Tent 1 Spec (and thanks, Mark):

Rumors has four roles listed for Sprung Tent 1: Floating Head, Shoes Man, Gutter and Star. I'm going to focus on Gutter, because all of this spec starts with re-evaluating how that name is viewed.

A Gutter is most commonly considered a thing or a place, both with the connotation of something that retains and moves water. BUT, the word, "Gut" can also be a verb, meaning something similar to disembowel. So a "Gutter" could be an individual who is disemboweling another.

Now, why this is happening is open to interpretation, but I'm going to speculate it is a form of punishment (it's only way this idea works...) inspired by the epic poem, Dante's Inferno.

Now, according the poem, one of the punishments involved plunging the guilty head-first into rock and setting their feet on fire. That can be our "Shoes Man."

Another punishment (that of Lust) is being blown through gusting winds, in other words being a "Floating Head."

And Satan? Lucifer? He is known commonly as the Morning, "Star."

The Rune Room can fit as well, since it can simply be carving in rock, or it can be a simple play on the word, "Ruin."

So... Sprung 1, based SOLELY ON SPECULATION, can possibly be "Dante's Inferno."

I don't really mind one way or another whether Chance is going to be an icon this year but a few people like Dr Jimmy and Cody have stated that they don't think that she will be. Is this based on any facts or is it just a guess? Have I missed some piece of information regarding Chance disregarding her involvement? If so could someone enlighten me?

Information that causes a shift like that will always come from behind the scenes. It will not come from information that is posted in public but will come from trusted sources. When multiple "trusted" and "knowledgable" people start shifting such as this, there is a valid reason that you frankly won't be able to see yourself.

And yeah... I'm starting to shy away from Chance myself. I'm not sold on Luck, but I'm nowhere near as confident on Chance as I was...

I wonder how wide the thresholds really are for recycled and original content respectively this year. With a S&S house heavily hinted at and most people unhappy about another movie house, let alone one that's being considered a rehash, I'm seriously doubting that we'll get to see some of last year's favorites as experimental franchises: Catacombs and Dogs of War. If S&S went from a street concept to a house, then does anyone think that one of these could do the reverse? So little is know about the streets at this time, and while I do think it'll push our tolerance levels you just never can tell with Universal.

It's been done before in the past. Deadtropolis started as a house in 2004, then moved out into the streets as Zombie Siege for '06's Sweet 16. Some believe '08's Skoolhouse to be the spiritual successor to the original Skool from Tales of Terror in 2005.

Rumors has four roles listed for Sprung Tent 1: Floating Head, Shoes Man, Gutter and Star. I'm going to focus on Gutter, because all of this spec starts with re-evaluating how that name is viewed.

A Gutter is most commonly considered a thing or a place, both with the connotation of something that retains and moves water. BUT, the word, "Gut" can also be a verb, meaning something similar to disembowel. So a "Gutter" could be an individual who is disemboweling another.

Now, why this is happening is open to interpretation, but I'm going to speculate it is a form of punishment (it's only way this idea works...) inspired by the epic poem, Dante's Inferno.

Now, according the poem, one of the punishments involved plunging the guilty head-first into rock and setting their feet on fire. That can be our "Shoes Man."

Another punishment (that of Lust) is being blown through gusting winds, in other words being a "Floating Head."

The Rune Room can fit as well, since it can simply be carving in rock, or it can be a simple play on the word, "Ruin."

That sounds good. I can get behind that. in light of the "house always wins" theme, a lost wager could certainly result in some punishment.

Mae

I really do believe that this was some impressive speculation. That would be a wonderful theme, and it could tie in well with the event. Great job! Even if this isn't the house, it's still awesome thinking. Is there a reward or accolade for awesome brains. XP

I don't THINK she won't be the icon. I KNOW she won't be the icon.

The source I have is extremely trusted and has proven his knowledge to me in the past, and he's been correct about two things about this year so far (the Thing and the gambling theme) before they were ever announced. If he tells me that Chance is not the icon, I will believe it unless I see her for myself.

He also said that he saw the commercial. He won't say what it is, only that he has "mixed feelings" about it compared to last year's and his first reaction was "*whistle*". I think we might be in for something interesting.

On the subject of tent 1 being Dante's inferno I found this

"Each sin's punishment in Inferno is a contrapasso, a symbolic instance of poetic justice; for example, fortune-tellers have to walk forwards with their heads on backwards, unable to see what is ahead, because they tried, through forbidden means, to look ahead to the future in life"

floating head maybe?

sorry I can't quote who originally had the inferno idea on my phone.

The source I have is extremely trusted and has proven his knowledge to me in the past, and he's been correct about two things about this year so far (the Thing and the gambling theme) before they were ever announced. If he tells me that Chance is not the icon, I will believe it unless I see her for myself.

He also said that he saw the commercial. He won't say what it is, only that he has "mixed feelings" about it compared to last year's and his first reaction was "*whistle*". I think we might be in for something interesting.

Thanks for clearing that up Cody. You are lucky to have such a reliable contact who's in the know. Some people like myself don't have access to such info which is why we come on here. Let's hope your contact continues to be so accurate in the future.

Edited by Grimp0nd

Dante's Inferno would also go along with the 7 deadly sins concept for the scare zone

I'm doubtful that there is a "7 Deadly Sins" SZ occuring this year. That was speculation based on the colors, and I have heard nothing that would suggest it really is happening. Arbitrarely attaching colors to "Sins" works when we know for a fact that there are only seven colors... but we don't. We only have six colors, anyway. There could still be characters who haven't provided their roles. And besides, a male and female per sin would mean only 14 scareactors max in what is normally one of the larger SZs (Hollywood). That's not even considering how Hollywood is traditionally the "Headline" street (20 Years, Hacktion...) and the 7 Deadly Sins don't fit that in regards to what we know about this year. If Hollywood is anything, it's a "Headline" zone tying into the Gambling theme or it's the alluded to Chinese New Year zone, which fits the aesthetic of Hollywood and the colors (could be nothing more than the color of their costumes).

Now, could we still have a "7 Deadly Sins" zone? Sure... but if Sprung 1 is Dante's Inferno, it would probably be in Central Park or IFB to tie closer to the house. But honestly, if we have any zone similar to that this year, it would probably be more "Vice" based than Deadly Sins.

Wow I'm busy for a few day and I come back to this whole thing. Everyone on here at some point was the new guy/girl. I can say from being a member here, rumors and the old vault that there are members on here who are right about things year after year. Obviously they have sources who know what there talking about. Trust me when I say this it's easy to figure out who they are without me telling the newbies who they are. I'm not one of them by any stretch, that's why I come here everyday. Any doubters will realize once the event begins that these people know somebody or are somebody involved with the event. They are very smart not to give away their sources and as I already said are very reliable. There is a reason they don't just come out and say this is what is happening and make you think about it instead. Now back to speculation.

The disaster queue to me looks to be shaping up as some sort of holiday house. I think this will be our comedic relief house again this year because there is nothing I find scary about holidays. They could put the best actors in there and if Santa claws jumps out at me I will have to laugh. I hope they prove me wrong though but at the same time I really like the comedic houses.

The other house I want to touch on is the Jaws queue which seems to be a saws and steam house. It sure is the right location for it since it's the hottest house on the property. II'm really not sold on this one. I liked the scare zone because of the sets but I really didn't find it scary. Maybe in a house I will find it scarier. It's intriguing to say the least but I guess I was hoping for something new. If they are doing saws and steam in a house hopefully we can get a certain house from last year released into the streets.

I would liken a new S&S house to being a new BC type franchise. Blood N gutz with (a twist), Water tanks, chainsaws, bonesaws, tortured victims, and possibly a charismatic barker outside... all set to the Steampunk surroundings of dark dingy New Yorkshire alleys... what's not to like?

I would liken a new S&S house to being a new BC type franchise. Blood N gutz with (a twist), Water tanks, chainsaws, bonesaws, tortured victims, and possibly a charismatic barker outside... all set to the steampunk surroundings of dark dingy New yorkshire alleys... what's not to like?

Steampunk. ;)

Saws and Steam was fantastic, but I also equally loved Steampunk Wizard of Oz when we had Path of the Wicked. I think that a S-n-S franchise would be great, but I also think that this may just be one of those we liked the scarezone lets do a house idea and vice versa, ala Deadtropolis.

Here's hoping they do keep it as a franchise though.

Because this has become so prevalant... and this is not directed at Cody but in general

For reasons I choose not to discuss I agree with you 100%. There is no need to discuss Chance as the icon this year but I do want to press that we should not be leaking information that should not be leaked. Loose lips sink ships.... also they get people fired and sources disappear. That is why people who have pre-knowledge drop hints but don't come outright and state things that would make things apparent. They don't want people fired and they don't want to loose that source.

So please, going forward: Commercials not released, Icons not announced, etc. etc. should not be posted. Only things that can be deduced or discovered by good detective work.