Pre-event knowledge

56 members have voted

1. 1. How much information do you like leaked to the fans prior to the event?

• The more the better! I like to completely know every facet of the event before I go.
    • I like hints and clues. I want to be able to speculate about the event but I don't want all the surprise ruined.
    • I want as little as possible when I walk in the gate so everything is completely fresh.
    • I don't care I'm still going.

Right now, I want to know exactly what every park and every event is having this year. Being in CO, I get one chance to hit these events, and I can only make it to one area each year. This year, I'm not sure where my haunting location will be, so I really want to know what every place will have so I can compare and make the best decision.

I think specualting is what make the experiance better.. i mean we digg deep into our imaginations for this and we get creative and in the end when we see the results its probably 10000000000x better than we imagined

actually, i dont think anything can top your imagination, Even when I know what the houses are about, when i know the theme and everything, when i go to the house, even if the house is good, sometimes what I had imagined was better, but, you know, is your imagination, when you imagine you dont think of rules or permits, or practicality,

Im not saying that HHN disappoints, because they don't, but, what is in your mind, is always bigger, Hades is an example of that, the house for me was really awesome,

but i remember how much speculation was, and i remember some of the comments afterwards was that the costumes didnt look as cool,

you actually make me see my point more, when you know everything about the event, there is less chance of being disappointed by something, I mean, 2009 website gave us so much,

• 2 weeks later...

I love knowing something before I head to the parks because to me knowing some of the story and the background behind the scarezones, charcters and houses makes it even more fun, but I don't want to read any walkthroughs or anything like that before hand because I want to be surprised. I do like clues or tips about things I might otherwise miss, like the button to activate Jack last year

I'm of a mixed mind on this subject. I do enjoy the clues and hints, mostly because I love coming to the forums and talking about it with you guys. They also help me get through the long days of Summer, which has never been my favorite time of year (nerdy, pale, slightly asthmatic, overweight...no, Summer is not good to me). The build up is so exciting, my anticipation has never been diminished by a few spoilers.

That being said, going into a house with little to no knowledge about what's coming is pretty darned intimidating. It doesn't happen often, but last year I made it to Catacombs with very little actual info as to what was going on in the house. It was transcendental, I tell you.

Mae