Blumhouse Wants to Make An HHN Film!

It may or may not be like Hellfest, but seeing how our event has icons and Hollywood does not, I feel like they would use the icons or something, some type overarching theme that has been to HHN before or something made originally from Universal that could potentially bring to the event as a house to promote the film at the same time, that's how I could see them going about making the film like.

I like the idea of icons being the focal point.  What I'd really like to see is a movie that doesn't center around a bunch of stupid teenagers that we are supposed to care about, getting picked off one by one.  Like every other slasher film since forever.  I'd like to see it centered around the "real icons" who have taken out their scareactor wannabes, roaming the park and going after random people.  Build from there.  No sympathy for the guests - just root for your favorite icon.  And perhaps culminating with the icons going after the designers that brought them into existence in the first place. Maybe we can care about them...   Nah.

• Like 2

On 3/17/2020 at 7:02 PM, zombieman said:

I like the idea of icons being the focal point.  What I'd really like to see is a movie that doesn't center around a bunch of stupid teenagers that we are supposed to care about, getting picked off one by one.  Like every other slasher film since forever.  I'd like to see it centered around the "real icons" who have taken out their scareactor wannabes, roaming the park and going after random people.  Build from there.  No sympathy for the guests - just root for your favorite icon.  And perhaps culminating with the icons going after the designers that brought them into existence in the first place. Maybe we can care about them...   Nah.

I'm sure this won't be the way the set up the movie, but what if it were a series of movies? Universal has been trying to make a shared universe for the UCM. What if you take the concept of a shared monsterverse, but make it fresh by having new (to the general public) characters. Each icon could have an origin movie, and then have an "Avengers like" movie that brings the icons together, similar to what Zombieman said.

• Love 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:23 PM, kablue said:

I'm sure this won't be the way the set up the movie, but what if it were a series of movies? Universal has been trying to make a shared universe for the UCM. What if you take the concept of a shared monsterverse, but make it fresh by having new (to the general public) characters. Each icon could have an origin movie, and then have an "Avengers like" movie that brings the icons together, similar to what Zombieman said.

Exactly what I was thinking of. Go all out and make an HHN Cinematic Universe. Start with a Jack film, and from there begin building up to a Fear film or something.

• Like 2