HHN XXI Auditions

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't audition this year due to that new rule where you have to be in your current role for 6 months (I've only been around 3 months). Darn! Oh well...I'll just attend everyday since I can :P

Plus I can visit all my friends working the event! So I'm not really losing anything. I shall try again next year.

Edited by Stephanie

Well I had to cancel my audition time because you have to be 18 at the time of the audition ( I turn 18 two weeks after -_-). Is there any chance of a august audition popping up? This sucks.

Back in 07 I auditioned as a 17 year old. In fact, I didn't turn 18 until my first night of rehearsal.

Back in 07 I auditioned as a 17 year old. In fact, I didn't turn 18 until my first night of rehearsal.

In that case, Luke should go for it. Things might have changed since then but how do you know if you don't go. Better to go and be told you are too young then not try at all.

Really? Did they look at your age when you auditioned? Well I canceled that appointment so I'd have to make one for another day when they become available again.

Really? Did they look at your age when you auditioned? Well I canceled that appointment so I'd have to make one for another day when they become available again.

Im sure they had to notice cause they have to enter all of that information into the system. They never commented on it but they scrutinized my audition papers because they called me back in to ask specifically if i wanted to play jason Vorhees.

Quick Question:

If I get to work, I'll be temporarily relocating JUST for the duration of rehearsals/performances.

Has anyone else done this? Or talked to another performer who has? If so, is there a particular HHN or UO crew-friendly extended stay hotel close by? Or do people take another option for lodging?

Im sure they had to notice cause they have to enter all of that information into the system. They never commented on it but they scrutinized my audition papers because they called me back in to ask specifically if i wanted to play jason Vorhees.

Okay, I just signed up for a new audition date. Hopefully they don't say anything! lol

I guess I'm the first one back? Yay...

Okay, when you arrive you will check-in in front of Human Resources. They will verify your audition time and give you slip of paper for you fill out. You fill out that slip and reserve your audition number.

From there, you go inside HR and take a picture and they will check your hire status and send you back to fill out your information and availability sheet. You fill that out, pick up your photo and turn in paperwork. From there, you wait for your number to be called.

They're calling back about thirty individuals in a group, just like last year. They ask everyone a question (for Reunions, it was, "What was your role last year?") and then ask the group a question. They you go outside while they decide who is cast and who isn't. They may call individuals back in for questions, but normally you will find out within 10-15 minutes if you got cast. If you were selected, you go fill out your hiring paperwork.

The appointment system is awesome.

How crowded was it this year compared to last year's auditions for previous actors? Last year I had heard the internal auditions really filled up positions before it got to the first public audition, though I heard it was due to it being the 20th anniversary for it. Did this year seem as crowded?

Nice to know the auditions are pretty much the same except for managing people coming in better. I guess it made the entire process much smoother then?

How crowded was it this year compared to last year's auditions for previous actors? Last year I had heard the internal auditions really filled up positions before it got to the first public audition, though I heard it was due to it being the 20th anniversary for it. Did this year seem as crowded?

Nice to know the auditions are pretty much the same except for managing people coming in better. I guess it made the entire process much smoother then?

They kept saying they 800 people scheduled to audition... And nearly everyone was getting selected...