Park Memorabilia - 1986

• 1 year later...

I definitely have some information on this event. I'm sure I can dig up the ticket stub and program that night for the event if not more. This was Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights 1. It was a two day event. I went on Saturday. This was back when you entered Universal by riding the tram first. My friend and I lied up behind these two guys that were there the night before. This is the story they told us. The first night was awesome. Employees were juming out scaring people all over the place. A music group that was playing at the Universal Amphitheater brought in a roudy crowd who were blamed for causing the accident. When this employee/monster jumped out at the tram someone grabbed him and wouldn't let him go. When they did he was run over and killed. That was the only story I had ever heard. Because of this accident, this made day two not as good as day one according to these two guys. The monsters were no longer jumping out at guests. They were using those loud airhorns to scare everyone. Universal seemed to focus on using pyrotechnics to try and impress the crowd which didn't work for me since I had already been to Knott's many times. I have been to HHN since the 1st one up to now. I collected info on this event every year and have it put away in notebooks. If anyone would like images of these items I will do my best to get it to you. As for Knott's Halloween Haunt, I've been there since year 11. I have info from maybe year 14 up.

• 3 years later...