Park Memorabilia - 1992

After really studying my maps again, I realized I have been feeding you guys a bit of false information. My memory was convinced that in 1992, HHN had only ONE maze, plus the Terror Tram. It turns out that in fact there were TWO mazes: Maze of Maniacs and Nightmare Alley. The show schedule should really help give you an idea of the size of each show. From it, you can clearly see that HHN Hollywood had something to see every moment of the night. It was a giant nonstop show.

From the description of the Dungeon of Terror and Carnival of Carnage, you'd think they might have been mazes also, but the CoC was was what would today pass as a scarezone, and the DoT was a show with simulated torture. I have no freaking idea what the "Mutation Pit" was, but it sure sounds cool, doesn't it?

By the way, just because the show schedule listed something as "continuous" didn't mean it was a maze. Again, a couple of these things were very early scarezones.

Edited by zombieman

I notice Nightmare ally and Maze of Maniacs appear to be in somewhat vague locations. Were those two mazes in backstage areas or something?

That's asking way too much of my spotty memory. Back then, I was in full patron mode; I had no idea that there was a backstage.

• 5 years later...
On May 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM, zombieman said:

After really studying my maps again, I realized I have been feeding you guys a bit of false information. My memory was convinced that in 1992, HHN had only ONE maze, plus the Terror Tram. It turns out that in fact there were TWO mazes: Maze of Maniacs and Nightmare Alley. The show schedule should really help give you an idea of the size of each show. From it, you can clearly see that HHN Hollywood had something to see every moment of the night. It was a giant nonstop show.

From the description of the Dungeon of Terror and Carnival of Carnage, you'd think they might have been mazes also, but the CoC was was what would today pass as a scarezone, and the DoT was a show with simulated torture. I have no freaking idea what the "Mutation Pit" was, but it sure sounds cool, doesn't it?

By the way, just because the show schedule listed something as "continuous" didn't mean it was a maze. Again, a couple of these things were very early scarezones.

This video of a newscast from 30 October 1992 gives a glimpse of the event. The Mutation Pit show is briefly seen apparently "guests" are lowered into a vat of "acid" to be transformed into horrible creatures. Skip to about 6:45 for the HHN coverage.

• 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 1:54 PM, zombieman said:

Next time I'm in the attic...

Hello ZombieMan, 

Allow me to introduce myself, I go by TheCollector!

I've been perusing these forums for a little bit now, and have seen some of your posts in regard to merchandise. I, myself, am a collector of Horror Nights merch and am looking to find more! 

I just thought I'd take a chance and ask if you were by any chance selling any memorabilia? I'd be happy to sell/trade/etc, if possible!

My collection consists of:

- 2006 Crew hat (Hollywood)

- 2007 Pin (Hollywood)

- 21 Pin (Orlando)

- 2000 Shooter Glass (Orlando)

- 2007/2009 Shooter Glass (Hollywood)

- 2009 Shotglass (Hollywood)

- 2009-2013 Sipper Cups (Hollywood)

- Event Guides 2005-2019 (Orlando)

- Event Guides 1992, 2017, 2018, & 2019 (Hollywood)

If you are interested, I would be happy to discuss! If not, I would wonder if you know of anyone else that is looking to sell/trade (especially event guides)?

Whew, a long message for sure, and I thank you for your time. Let me know what you think!

Best regards,

TheCollector

That is a good start to a collection!

Although I have all those things except the crew hat (which I am not interested in), I think one of the most satisfying collectible categories is the Cloisonne that Orlando gives out to key members.

They range from very ordinary to insanely rare, which makes the search fun.  They also presented multiple types in some years (coins every year, but sometimes keychains, necklaces, and even a letter opener).

You can see examples from every year at https://www.hhncrypt.com/cloisonne

Ebay and events is where I got all of my treasures.  In these difficult times, it wouldn't surprise me to see some interesting things on Ebay.

10 minutes ago, zombieman said:

That is a good start to a collection!

Although I have all those things except the crew hat (which I am not interested in), I think one of the most satisfying collectible categories is the Cloisonne that Orlando gives out to key members.

They range from very ordinary to insanely rare, which makes the search fun.  They also presented multiple types in some years (coins every year, but sometimes keychains, necklaces, and even a letter opener).

You can see examples from every year at https://www.hhncrypt.com/cloisonne

Ebay and events is where I got all of my treasures.  In these difficult times, it wouldn't surprise me to see some interesting things on Ebay.

Thank you for the heads up! 

I'm rather fond of the event guides and will be glad to potentially purchase any, if you were looking to part with any of course.

Either way, I hope you've been having a great week thus far!