Legendary Truth Speculation / Wishful Thinking

At the end of HHN XX, we got some massive changes in the organizational structure of Legendary Truth. What do you think it means? What would you like to see? Do you even think Universal will attempt the game again?

Until we know exactly what is going on with Dr. Fell, Ms. Himmel and the rest of crew, this is where we can throw stuff at a wall and see what sticks.

IDK I don't think the FB forum was the right medium for it.

If they do attempt it again, I would like to see it start much earlier and be more viral.

Edited by JWFearman

I don't think it's wishful thinking I think it's confirmed that it will definitely be back.

On the note of wishful thinking...uhm let's actually have more go on during the event and not pre-event and a text message final night. That'd be grand. Some stuff during the event and maybe one or two things like we had in 2008. :D

I still think that they had some stuff planned for during the event, but with how massive the "Collective" grew on the Facebook page with beaucoups of people who wanted the perks with none of the work cut off those plans. I'm sure they didn't want three hundred people "Collective Members" who simply saw something on Facebook showing up, demanding a CFO badge, and walking away. That would turn off the people who actually did want to play, and kinda ruin the entire experience for everyone.

(Note - the Wyandot Murders happened 60 years to the day of the last Friday of last year's HHN. That wasn't a coincidence. They had to have considered something, at least.)

It's obvious that Facebook was not the best outlet for Legendary Truth. Honestly, Goth Wackee, being a member on Nightmares is the start of how the game "should" be played. Clues on various websites (Legendary Truth, HHN, Nightmares, Screamscape, HHNRumors, etc) would force collaboration rather, "What's the Password?" being asked over and over. The Facebook site can still be used, but not for all the information. The number of "Likes" simply made it too unwielding.

Halloween Horror Nights has a canon. Legendary Truth has a canon. The game should be a reward for those who really appreciate the canon and who are willing to play within its rules. It seems to work better that way. Using LT to promote the house didn't really work, and the unleashing of Adaru was really anticlimatic considering we figured out exactly what was going to happen.

I think there might be some confusion here. We are specifically talking about Legendary Truth the ARG from 2008 and more recently 2010. If you would like more information I believe there is archived information for 2008 on the main site and for 2010 it is a pinned thread in XX section of the forums.

I think there might be some confusion here. We are specifically talking about Legendary Truth the ARG from 2008 and more recently 2010. If you would like more information I believe there is archived information for 2008 on the main site and for 2010 it is a pinned thread in XX section of the forums.

Thanks Jake. :lol:

As many people have discussed in the various forums here, Universal is a business and profit is important in the end. Projects like the LT ARG have a cost to the company, whether it's direct (like a staffing headcount, cost of supplies, etc) or indirect (it takes up mental real estate that could be focused on the "official" projects). One of the interesting stories that came out of the lecture series revolved around the covert origins of that first Terra Cruentas ARG. It sounds like it's taken them several seasons, but the A&D team has finally proven the legitimacy of an ARG to the powers-that-be.

This past year's VIP Lounge and Lecture Series seemed like an experiment to gauge the event's fanatical fanbase. I would have to think that the turnout of the weekly lectures has proven that the numbers of LT fans are high, they're motivated and, importantly, they're potentially profitable. As we've seen with the proliferation of bars, the carnival games and the palm readers, if something is profitable to the company's coffers, it's going to stick around. I can see LT (or something of its ilk) sticking around for a long time, so long as the fans keep coming out and supporting it.

I

• 2 weeks later...

I just messaged Ignatia on Facebook. I'm curious if I'll even get a response. I try to write my messages to her "in character" (formal language, professional detachment). If she plays along, that could go a long way in hinting if LT will return.

• 3 weeks later...

Though it would be cool to have Mr.Fell as an Icon...... Imagine a nice buisness Office one light shining down on a corporate chair with its chair turned back to you.... Could just imagine.... I know we keep going back and visiting previouse houses buut would be cool to have a camera zooming in on that office chair and we see pieces of previouse houses "collected" through out the office with just that one light shining down on that office chair and a slight image of someones head just looking out of the window. mmmmmmmm Take the cindy Idea and mash it with Fell and LT. I could just imagine seeing the wood carved figures on his wall as almost a trophy of what hes collected. Would love to see jack in chains almost forced to scare. think his comedy plus the fact that he has to do this would be awesome for an outside the haunt sort of mini show.

Though it would be cool to have Mr.Fell as an Icon...... Imagine a nice buisness Office one light shining down on a corporate chair with its chair turned back to you.... Could just imagine.... I know we keep going back and visiting previouse houses buut would be cool to have a camera zooming in on that office chair and we see pieces of previouse houses "collected" through out the office with just that one light shining down on that office chair and a slight image of someones head just looking out of the window. mmmmmmmm Take the cindy Idea and mash it with Fell and LT. I could just imagine seeing the wood carved figures on his wall as almost a trophy of what hes collected. Would love to see jack in chains almost forced to scare. think his comedy plus the fact that he has to do this would be awesome for an outside the haunt sort of mini show.

So you could imagine Dr. Fell in a swivel chair with his back to you and then he turns around like a Bond villain? Will he be stroking a cat?

So you could imagine Dr. Fell in a swivel chair with his back to you and then he turns around like a Bond villain? Will he be stroking a cat?

A hairless one, while putting his pinky to the corner of his mouth.

All I really hope for is for it to not be on Facebook. I love it being on the Legendary Truth site and Horror Nights site only, like in 08. I think the whole Facebook thing (with as much exposure as it got them) was a big flustercuck that was incredibly hard to keep up with at some points.

Agreed FB was a failure... simply because there were so many n00bs.

I would really like to see if far more viral.

For example: Clues that lead you to various places on the web (or just the webpage) to grab a piece of an image... assemble the image and it's a QR code. Decode the code and it links to a video... etc...

You could leave a trail of bread crumbs a mile long. That way we feel like we acutlly did something :)

Edited by JWFearman

I really do enjoy the actual website and all of the clues. Yes facebook was not the best medium at the time; however, if it was combined with an actual website I feel like it would have been more effective. I would like to see more of a balance between an actual website and facebook. Facebook does have some "finer" qualities; however, it does not give the true interest that a website has such as the LT website back in 2008. The vast majority of the clues and such do need to be on the website; however, a few things can be "carried" over to facebook in order to help peak the interest of the website.

I agree with the Facebook thing. That was a disaster, really. So much frustration from going on that page every day for more information and then seeing people fighting and complaining. I feel bad for whoever at A&D decided that would be a good idea...it really got out of hand, didn't it? Which is a shame, because it could have been so good.

I really hope they stick with using the LT website (or maybe a website for the new, separate faction that split from LT?) for major updates and maybe they can use the FB page more for general information, pointing newbies in the right direction, etc.

Or at least keep the FB profiles going so that hardcore fans can get deeper into the whole game and keep in contact with the LT people.