HHN 0.5 - 1992

Awesome! Thanks for the in-depth stuff Zombieman! It would be awesome if you posted a guidemap from 1992.

On a side-note, I just ordered a DVD off of GhostRide Productions that show a flow-through of all of the mazes from 1999-2000 including the Buffy maze. Thanks for sharing!

It's really not fair to call 1996 Year I of HHN Hollywood. According to the archives, it's technically not correct to call 1992 the first year, either. There was a one-night event way back in 1986 (even before Fright Nights in Orlando).

But for sake of argument, let's focus on 1992 for a minute.

While I didn't discover the Orlando event until 2004, I've been haunting California since 1986 (Knott's) and have also been to every HHN Hollywood event. I still have my 1992 ticket stub and event map (including the showtime insert) from the darned thing. I'll try to upload an image if I can dig it out of my boxes.

(edit for space!)

I was much younger then, and the event is more legendary in my mind than it probably was in real life. I'd say about 10% of what I remember didn't actually happen...

In any event, it was a whole lot of fun, and I never left a show or attraction saying "that's it?".

That sounds just fantastic!!! Please upload the flyer and ticket soon; I know I'm not the only person who'd love to see those!

Mae

Edited by Mae

Awesome! Thanks for the in-depth stuff Zombieman! It would be awesome if you posted a guidemap from 1992.

On a side-note, I just ordered a DVD off of GhostRide Productions that show a flow-through of all of the mazes from 1999-2000 including the Buffy maze. Thanks for sharing!

Ooooo....that sounds good too!

Mae

Very cool, brother!!! That Terror Tram sounds pretty badass! Kind of like the Haunted Hayride in Griffith Park from last year (which I thought was a lot of fun).

And no worries about getting on your soapbox when it comes that mummy tunnel. Ugh. If I have to sit through that thing one more time.... On my last TT ride last year, we skipped the tunnel and I felt like I won the lottery! I even told the crew member "Thank you so much for sparing us the tunnel!! Can we skip it every time?!?!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...