HNN Singles Night (Meetup)

I dont see a problem at all , I mean, this is really just a bunch of single people hanging out and getting to know each other, the only problem I see is if teenage horror is the only one, that would be awkward for him, but we don't know if we a lot of guys go and few girls,, or if a lot of girls go and a few guys, since is just a group of friends meeting,

so it really is just single people talking and hanging out, I mean, this sounds like fun, but I see it as another HNN meeting, is just that this one is more about getting to know each other more than just going to houses, I guess that makes it a little more personal, but, i don't see why it would be bad,

Sorry for starting such a fuss. O.o

Casey

Well, you brought up a very valid point that needed to be brought up, because honestly I never thought about it nor of the potential issues. I don't want anyone to be excluded due to their sexual preference, but I also don't want things to be confusing or awkward for anyone at all. That'd be counterproductive. Jimmy is right...a singles night does have its own particular dynamic as opposed to a normal meetup. I think that in the end, it just depends on the person and what they're comfortable with...having a separate meetup for LGBT might be a superb idea. That doesn't mean they're excluded from this meetup...but that with a separate meetup, there'll be less awkwardness and everyone will be in their own element.

As Jimmy said:

Why would I want to be with straight guys looking for girls? They would not be interested in me, and it would be very uncomfortable for them as they would foolishly think I was there to hook up with one of them. Also any single women who where there would assume I was interested in them and flirt with me. I sometimes enjoy flirting with women "just for fun", but only when it is fully understood that I am not really interested. Otherwise all sorts of awkward situations arise.

If we create a different meetup, the LGBT community of this board can have their own thing going on without ANY fear of misunderstanding. And, as I said, this doesn't mean they're necessarily excluded from this one...it just depends on what the individual would be comfortable with, and if they're willing to deal with any possible awkward situations that may arise from participating in this one.

What does everyone else think?

And not that it really matters, but I'm not gay or a member of the LGBT community, and as such I'm not the one who should be making the separate meetup, so that's something that someone else will have to take the initiative to set up if it were agreed to.

Ok, so lets make THIS thread a Heterosexual singles event and if the LGBT community would like to do something similar, start up a "LGBT Singles Night" Thread. Does that meet everyone's needs? Its like we are making a mountain out of molehill for the sake of political correctness and not hurting anyone's feelings. Anyone can show up to EITHER event to meet single people, but just keep in the back of your mind that the night you go, Hetero or LGBT, will have different groups. Yes, new friends can be made at either event, but, yes, you might have the wrong approach applied to you if you are not of the persuasion aimed at for that particular night.

So, moving on, event is 6 weeks away, is there any mutual interest of girls and guys attending a meeting night?

...Mike

Ok, so lets make THIS thread a Heterosexual singles event and if the LGBT community would like to do something similar, start up a "LGBT Singles Night" Thread. Does that meet everyone's needs? Its like we are making a mountain out of molehill for the sake of political correctness and not hurting anyone's feelings. Anyone can show up to EITHER event to meet single people, but just keep in the back of your mind that the night you go, Hetero or LGBT, will have different groups. Yes, new friends can be made at either event, but, yes, you might have the wrong approach applied to you if you are not of the persuasion aimed at for that particular night.

So, moving on, event is 6 weeks away, is there any mutual interest of girls and guys attending a meeting night?

...Mike

Less about political correctness and more about avoiding wrong approaches, awkwardness, and confusion :P.

But I agree with your post. And we've obviously had interest from both genders about the meetup, we still haven't thought up a date yet though. It's been suggested that we do opening night. I'm ok with that, though I'm usually very fast paced on opening night, and would probably show no interest in anything that isn't a house or scarezone.

So maybe having extra dates throughout the event would be a good idea too. We can do something like every week or every other week, and hopefully we can make them all FFP dates, like say...every or every other Thursday or Sunday.

Less about political correctness and more about avoiding wrong approaches, awkwardness, and confusion :P.

But I agree with your post. And we've obviously had interest from both genders about the meetup, we still haven't thought up a date yet though. It's been suggested that we do opening night. I'm ok with that, though I'm usually very fast paced on opening night, and would probably show no interest in anything that isn't a house or scarezone.

So maybe having extra dates throughout the event would be a good idea too. We can do something like every week or every other week, and hopefully we can make them all FFP dates, like say...every or every other Thursday or Sunday.

I agree,

opening nite i try to do all houses and rush to see all scarezones, lol a lot of rushing and running around,

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think its that big of a deal, I'm gay but would still go just to meet new people and hang out, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all, I obviously wouldn't be hitting on every guy there or anything like that and I am pretty sure most girls would realize that they ... aren't my type lol... my only problem with a LGBT singles meetup from here would be that there would be like 4 of us. Maybe a separate LGBT but not a "singles" meet up would be fun. Obviously it wouldn't only be LGBT but just those who are pro LGBT or what i like to call "fruit flies".

Edited by bmoz628

Yes, that's what I was thinking. We should have it toward the beginning so the chicks aren't as accustomed to the houses yet lol. But still not opening night. Both times I ever took a date to HHN resulted in them holding onto me for dear life for the entire night. It was pretty fun :P.

Hmm, what do you guys say of the second week? As in, dates after the opening weekend. So, to keep it in line with those of us who'll have Frequent Fear Passes, how about one of the following dates: Thursday Sep 29, Sunday October 2nd, Thursday Oct 6th, or Sunday Oct 9th?

We can even make it multiple nights too, like every Sunday or Thursday or something like that. That'll probably be the best choice, seeing as how everybody is going to want to come on different dates, but our biggest worry now is the first meeting.

If nobody chimes in, maybe I'll volunteer to be the group leader, and assign our first meeting as Oct 6th.

I personally don't plan on being involved in this but if I was you guys I would make a Facebook event and then work out details from there.

The bad thing about Facebook events is once it becomes one and all kinds of people get invited, it no longer is a Horror Night Nightmares meet. Keeping it here on the forums makes it remain related to the site and forum.

If you just want a meet for the Horror Nights community in general, then I'd say Facebook is the way to go.

This could be fun, I'm going there so many times this year I think I need a 'different' kind of night to break up the usual.

I'm over for the first four nights (23/24/29/30) and I fly back, but then I'm returning for practically every non-Saturday from 19th October until the end. So if one happens around the 6th I won't be there, but if it's a hit and they happen again I can catch the last one or two.

(Thing is I'm hitting the first four nights with a good just-friend of the female persuasion, however I dunno how receptive she'd be to the idea of a singles night, not really her thing :P of course, you never know...)

I'm fine with the second weekend! That sounds good. Someone just pick a day(s) and we can make it happen. You can make events private on FB so not everyone can be invited, but either way it works.

Here is my facebook, Raleigh Michelle

So freaking excited! September needs to flyyyy! :lol:

here is the facebook thread, bunch of us put our facebook there

Edited by black mask

• 3 weeks later...