HNN Singles Night (Meetup)

I would think if the first one goes off and isnt as awkward as i think it might be there would be more than one.

yep, keyword, awkward lol, but it will be fun, I think we should make it more like if it was a HNN gathering, just HNN friends hanging out,

yep, keyword, awkward lol, but it will be fun, I think we should make it more like if it was a HNN gathering, just HNN friends hanging out,

Yea totally....i can see like one person being scared and the rest of us forming a protective perimeter around the person like the secret service do to the persident

• 2 weeks later...

Well, becoming single myself rather recently, I think it would be a great idea as well. Can the Admins do some sort of interest board for certain nights and then have a Girl/Guy sign up or interest sheet? I personally think meeting up at Finnigans BEFORE the event and having some drinks/conversation first would be a great ice breaker. Then we could head out as a group to hit the houses together. Keep it cool, keep it friendly and fun, and keep it non creepy (no stalking guys... or girls on some occasions...lol). I think it would end up being a great time! Now the question is: Do you do it on a Thursday when there are less people or do you do it on a Friday/Saturday when alot of people do not have to work the next day. I think Saturdays are a bit too crowded, so that would probably be a bad idea and I also think that earlier in the season would be easier for a group to get together rather than towards the end of the event.

You have to also keep in mind with a mixer like this is if everyone will have speed passes or not. The first 2 or 3 houses wont matter really if you are starting at the holding area of Finnigans, but anything after that could be a 15 minute wait all the way up to 3 hours of wait time.

So:

Pick Night(s) to have event

Do a Guy/girl signup sheet

Identify if you have a speed pass or not for event

Meet at Finnigans for meeting and greeting

Be cool, look to make new friends and if things go well, you might meet someone who hits it off with you

Probably want to wear current years HNNM shirts to help identify being part of the meet, breaking the ice is always the hardest part...

If anyone would like to step up and become the lead planner(s) for this, that would be cool. Maybe a male and a female to organize the meet(s)? I'm not single so I'll leave it all up to you guys. Enjoy and have fun, but as mentioned please no "stalking" or "craziness", as we wouldn't want HNN to be associated with that.

If anyone would like to step up and become the lead planner(s) for this, that would be cool. Maybe a male and a female to organize the meet(s)? I'm not single so I'll leave it all up to you guys. Enjoy and have fun, but as mentioned please no "stalking" or "craziness", as we wouldn't want HNN to be associated with that.

Yay, so it's official now.

For the record, if any females want to stalk me, I'm game :P.

(I keed I keed)

Well, why don't we try it on the first or second week of the event, see how it goes, and if things kick off well, maybe it can be continued the rest of the month. Need some sort of board to keep track of what girls/guys want to show up, ages, etc. Look at this way everyone, the key to the start of any friendship or relationship is having something in common. It is pretty obvious from the support of this site, the work that goes into the shirts each year and the amount of speculation/information leaks, that we ALL love HHN! The coolest thing about this event is that people LOVE it from 18 to 60, it is such a diverse group of people that attend these events. The BEST thing is that there are little or NO children! No offense to those who have kids, just way too many untrained parents that do not know how to control their children which ruins things for everyone.

Since there is usually a lot of people who meet up opening night why don't we plan on that? I'll be there every Friday and Saturday night for sure. I have requested to work days only with my normal availability since due to a recent injury takes me out of the running of possible becoming a lead for one of the houses.

Well, I wouldn't mind any LGBT joining the group, as long as we were all straight forward about everything. Wow, bad choice of words there haha. I mean, we need to be clear with each other, so as to avoid any unwanted advances...some people overreact over things like that. Personally, I'm 100% straight, but I don't mind it if a gay man flirts with me...as long as he's aware that I'm not interested, and that I don't mean offense when I don't flirt back.

Um hello, I don't usually post in here as I'm not single, but the issue of gays and single meet-ups being raised compelled me to respond.

As a gay man I would feel uncomfortable in a straight or "mixed" singles meet-up environment. Why would I want to be with straight guys looking for girls? They would not be interested in me, and it would be very uncomfortable for them as they would foolishly think I was there to hook up with one of them. Also any single women who where there would assume I was interested in them and flirt with me. I sometimes enjoy flirting with women "just for fun", but only when it is fully understood that I am not really interested. Otherwise all sorts of awkward situations arise.

If single gays want to have a "singles night" meet up for themselves that is another thing entirely, they could meet and hook up, or not, without any fear of misunderstanding etc. that could arise.

I am not suggesting "segregation" by any means, a mixed group of gay and straight friends just out to enjoy HHN is always a good thing. But this thread is clearly about a "singles night" meet up, which has a whole different dynamic.

Um hello, I don't usually post in here as I'm not single, but the issue of gays and single meet-ups being raised compelled me to respond.

As a gay man I would feel uncomfortable in a straight or "mixed" singles meet-up environment. Why would I want to be with straight guys looking for girls? They would not be interested in me, and it would be very uncomfortable for them as they would foolishly think I was there to hook up with one of them. Also any single women who where there would assume I was interested in them and flirt with me. I sometimes enjoy flirting with women "just for fun", but only when it is fully understood that I am not really interested. Otherwise all sorts of awkward situations arise.

If single gays want to have a "singles night" meet up for themselves that is another thing entirely, they could meet and hook up, or not, without any fear of misunderstanding etc. that could arise.

I am not suggesting "segregation" by any means, a mixed group of gay and straight friends just out to enjoy HHN is always a good thing. But this thread is clearly about a "singles night" meet up, which has a whole different dynamic.

I think you said exactly what I was trying to say (well except for the being gay part lol). I was trying to make clear that it'd probably be really awkward and confusing if we mixed things up for something like a singles night, and that I personally wouldn't mind it, but I know that other people probably would...and it could cause quite a bit of confusion. Just a mixed meet-up then I don't think there'd be any issues at all, and sexuality shouldn't even begin to come into play.

I'm just being cautious because I'm trying to not be offensive or come off in the wrong way.