Bill & Ted Speculation

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Over-use of 3D -- Hard to make fun of 3-D with a strictly live-action show, unless they tell you put on your 3D glasses during the Pre-Show.

I honestly would not be surprised to see this.

One other strong possible reference: The Human Centipeid (or Cent-iPad).

And as of ten minutes in, I hope Wilfred is in the show.

YES!!! Wilfred would be perfect!! They could copy that scene when that guy went to pet him and he yelled"PISS OFF" or when the guy was riding the bike and he was yelling" I'LL KILL YOU!!!" lolololol we deffinatley need to see wilfred there

• 2 weeks later...

Because of recent events. and because we are in Florida I would put money in that some way some how there will be some sort of Casey Anthony comment(s)

Doubt it will make it to opening night.

I'm sure something like that will make it into the initial script, but there is still so much controversy surrounding the verdict, and such divisive feelings on the issue, I don't see management allowing it to fly before the general public. They might let them do a joke during employee previews, but I can't see the reaction being the guffaw or groan management wants, which would lead to it getting cut.

Remember, this is the first year of the first writer, so I imagine he might rein himself in a bit and not go for the easy shock. Bill and Ted tends to avoid controversy, and mentioning Casey Anthony directly (or even indirectly, if it's a "Baby-Killer" joke) will immediately cause it and split the audience.

I know it's the last thing I want to see in this year's Bill and Ted.

Doubt it will make it to opening night.

I'm sure something like that will make it into the initial script, but there is still so much controversy surrounding the verdict, and such divisive feelings on the issue, I don't see management allowing it to fly before the general public. They might let them do a joke during employee previews, but I can't see the reaction being the guffaw or groan management wants, which would lead to it getting cut.

Remember, this is the first year of the first writer, so I imagine he might rein himself in a bit and not go for the easy shock. Bill and Ted tends to avoid controversy, and mentioning Casey Anthony directly (or even indirectly, if it's a "Baby-Killer" joke) will immediately cause it and split the audience.

I know it's the last thing I want to see in this year's Bill and Ted.

O i dont want to see it either, but it had crossed my mind while i was reading through the thread. I'm over all of the hublub that is Casey Anthony.

Casey also has the disadvantage of being a local; if she finds out that she's being mocked in a popular Halloween event run by one of her former employers, it's no problem for her to sue Universal.

She was a third party vendor. it doesnt count

Won't change how offended she would be.

Or how quickly she would be able to sue them for slander. Even with her being a third-party vendor, a private individual (not a pop-culture celebrity or someone who chooses to be in the public eye) can easily take legal action against Universal even mentioning them in an a joking or inappropriate manner. And she would win, because it would be grossly inappropriate and unnecessary. Plan and simple, unless someone at Universal looses their mind, any references to Casey Anthony WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Or how quickly she would be able to sue them for slander. Even with her being a third-party vendor, a private individual (not a pop-culture celebrity or someone who chooses to be in the public eye) can easily take legal action against Universal even mentioning them in an a joking or inappropriate manner. And she would win, because it would be grossly inappropriate and unnecessary. Plan and simple, unless someone at Universal looses their mind, any references to Casey Anthony WILL NOT HAPPEN.

I have to disagree with all of you on this one. To me, the entire situation is almost too good to pass up. Granted, I don't think Casey Anthony will be a character in the show, but it's hard to say she won't be referenced at least once. Yes she is a local, meaning the vast majority of the audience would be able to relate, even if it's only to mention "I would have watched your show ____, but the only thing on TV here in Orlando for the past month has been Casey Anthony." only of course written better, since I'm not a comedy writer. As far as her not wanting to be in the public eye, thats a crock. She paid for her trial by selling home movies and photos to ABC and her family selling the rights to the actual trial. If anything, she would be the perfect one-liner punchline, if written correctly, to get that audience "Oooooooooooo...."

Edited by JONNYFXM

With a the new Batman movie comming out then possibly a spoof of Batman maybe??...also what if they poked fun at the whole situation between Donald Trump and Obama the war of the Birth certificates where Donald Trump kept demanding to see Obama's......Also a Thor spoof?

Edited by dante

I have to disagree with all of you on this one. To me, the entire situation is almost too good to pass up. Granted, I don't think Casey Anthony will be a character in the show, but it's hard to say she won't be referenced at least once. Yes she is a local, meaning the vast majority of the audience would be able to relate, even if it's only to mention "I would have watched your show ____, but the only thing on TV here in Orlando for the past month has been Casey Anthony." only of course written better, since I'm not a comedy writer. As far as her not wanting to be in the public eye, thats a crock. She paid for her trial by selling home movies and photos to ABC and her family selling the rights to the actual trial. If anything, she would be the perfect one-liner punchline, if written correctly, to get that audience "Oooooooooooo...."

A throwaway line about the trial MIGHT make it through if the preview audience likes it enough, but anything directly making fun of her is a definite "no".

And as always, the guys above A&D might request that they drop even that joke as too risky.

Guest HHNPicMan

I shall add my two sense into the Casey Anthony discussion. First, Universal would not play into the entire Casey Anthony event. Regardless of what you believe, Casey Anthony is NOT a public figure. The law has made it very clear that a person in court is not a celebrity or a pop-culture icon like a actor/actress would be.

Also, does anyone remember why Universal originally pulled Sindy as an Icon for HHN? It was because of all of the children who have gone missing and or murdered that year. Therefore, making fun of Casey Anthony would in turn also be making fun of a dead little girl. I really don't think Universal would even remotely touch the idea of invoking Caylee's memory into the event.

I do however see the economy being made fun of greatly this year. The economy is "Shit." As noted in 2009's Bill & Ted.

I don't think it would be mocking Caylee's death that would cause a stink; the most likely scenario for a mockery would be vilifying Casey (probably with a similar scenario to Hannah Montana from 2008), and there's still enough people out there who believe that she was innocent or that you can't make fun of someone when they've been declared innocent by a jury.

You'd think they would mock OJ less, then.......

I don't think it would be mocking Caylee's death that would cause a stink; the most likely scenario for a mockery would be vilifying Casey (probably with a similar scenario to Hannah Montana from 2008), and there's still enough people out there who believe that she was innocent or that you can't make fun of someone when they've been declared innocent by a jury.

You'd think they would mock OJ less, then.......

I think that's a brilliant point, but you could argue OJ was a public figure BEFORE the trial. Celebrities go to trial, theyre free game I guess.

Anyway, to get off a Casey Anthony conversation, I'd love to see Sarah Palin's "National Tour" featured in the show XD

Guest HHNPicMan

What about all of the internet hacking and phone tapping stuff going on right now. While its not really funny, it does kinda make for a show like 2009 where "nerd" type activities can occur. Can you imagine an evil vllian hacking into the Bill & Ted show?

What about all of the internet hacking and phone tapping stuff going on right now. While its not really funny, it does kinda make for a show like 2009 where "nerd" type activities can occur. Can you imagine an evil vllian hacking into the Bill & Ted show?

Didn't Anonymous attack Universal's site? I know they attacked about of websites in Orlando because of the Food Not Bombs fiasco. That could be a possibility. Probably have an opening similar to when they made fun of Saw except for a guy in a Fawkes mask.

Pop culture-wise, I could see Charlie Sheen, Rebecca Black, Donald Trump (for the previously stated birth certificate war, as well as his mystery presidency announcement), John Bohner, and maybe something about the space shuttle. Probably something about all the superhero movies this year as well.

Edited by theheat345

I'd love to see them making fun of all the movie sequels this year. Especially something like some old guy in a robe comes out with a walker and Bill starts to make a joke and Ted is like, "Whoa, hold up dude...you better not make fun of him given all the money Universal spent on the new addition to Islands of Adventure next door!"

I think the sequels should be addressed and you can't do that without making fun of Harry Potter 7....Part 2.

Edited by Oysterhead00

Yeah all the sequals going on.......its gotta be in there! All the superhero movies too1 and as for casey anthony.....yeah too soon. besdies, dont give that bitch any more attntion. lol

and yeah....harry potter needs to make an appearence (maybe even something to do with that awkward voldermort huG!!!)

It was on July 26 of last year that Armando uncovered the auditions list for Bill & Ted in Hollywood revealing many of the characters that would appear in Orlando. Hopefully he or someone else will be able to acquire the information about this year's shows sometime in the next few days...

• Mark M. changed the title to Bill & Ted Speculation