Should HHN ditch the 80's theme?

TheShape78

I personally feel like it outstayed its welcome for two years. I want HHN to be like 27 with the various properties although 27/2017 was regarded as terrible. The 80's took an interesting spin but it started to feel stale after one year and I don't want to be like the Walking Dead and become overused. Have a good evening/morning everyone!

• Love 1

I think we could say that they are done with the 80s theme, ST doesn't look like it will be coming back with the new season being set for 2021, we can say that last year is the final year where we will have an 80s theme, this year I'm sure they will be more in tune with having based on a new theme coming to the event hopefully, sorta like they had with XX and ushering "a new age of fear", I think if they go this route and try to bring the event back to what made it frightening back then, I'm sure they will do their best to do that. As for the 80s dead and gone lol.

• Like 2

Also wanted to say that TWD overstayed more than 80s theme did, 23 may have been the real venture of it but marketing wise, TWD was everywhere so it definitely got sour really fast. The 80s theme wasn't too watered down because it was only for two years, now if it went on for the next two more years then it would fall next to TWD but thankfully it was only for these two years and because ST and Ghostbusters were the top 80s IPs they were promoting heavy in the marketing.

• Like 2

The 80's was my 20's so I personally loved it.  Would prefer a new icon for 30, but wouldn't be disappointed if they did a third round of 80's.

A 70's theme might be cool for today's generation.  I couldn't really imagine any other generational theme being too much fun other then 80's and 70's.

• Like 1

I wish they had committed to it with the originals, especially at 28. DE2 could've been about a Soviet spy releasing biowarfare...imagine Holiday in the Sun by Sex Pistols and 99 Luftballoons playing in the facade.

@zombieman: How bout a Vamp house across generations? One room per generation...

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

I'm pretty sure the 80s theme is done now. The theme in 2018 wasn't originally planned to be 80s, it was more of a coincidence, which is why it was only featured in certain areas and then loosely represented everywhere else. Once they saw how much people loved it they went all in on it in 2019 with over the top merchandise, shows, drinks, signage, and heavy synth music everywhere. With it being an anniversary year in 2020 I'd expect a more traditional HHN with things like Icons making a return. Although...if they wanted to keep Marathon of Mayhem around for another year I wouldn't complain.

• Like 5

I was wondering when people would start revolting against this 80's theme. 
 I was hoping that they would keep it going for another 3 years because why not ? I feel like they might down play the 80's theme to maybe one house or a street this year. 
 I want to see a new icon again. Even if it's not announced till open night. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...