HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Over the years MANY people have done the whole vague comment deal... and most of them were just begging for attention... As time consuming as it is, I like to go back and look at years past speculation and laugh at the people who had no idea what they were talking about. The simple fact is no one (aside from Emeric) has ever proven to me that they have "inside information" other than the leaks that are already out there.

So in my personal opinion... I don't care for the many "mysterious posters" we've seen. Take it how you will.

Emeric is the only poster whose clues I actually can digest without salt. I know Timeout is a scareactor, which actually leads me to take his clues with even more salt than I would a random poster I know nothing about. I can say that as a scareactor. While he may know someone, he doesn't have enough of a track record for me to trust much of what he says. However...

Who knows if it's true until the big reveal in August. So I figure if it's any sort of relevant or sensable information, then why not talk about it. It's speculation, it doesn't have to be right or wrong it's just apart of our little waiting game.

We really have nothing else to go on. I know I seem to be throwing a whole lot of crap at the walls, and to be honest I don't care if any of it sticks. I kind of hope that none of what I'm speculating is true (outside of the queue layout stuff). At least I can actually be surprised by the reveal, rather than having a smug sense of satisfaction afterwards.

There's a number of reasons I trust my particular source, but the biggest information he got me was on the Orfanege: he told me Cindy was going to get a house of her own, probably in the Jaws queue, back in the summer before anything started coming in. I posted a hint here that a certain character who never got their chance to be in the limelight would be getting their own special appearance. Of course, it just made everyone think of Eddie <_<

Over the years MANY people have done the whole vague comment deal... and most of them were just begging for attention... As time consuming as it is, I like to go back and look at years past speculation and laugh at the people who had no idea what they were talking about. The simple fact is no one (aside from Emeric) has ever proven to me that they have "inside information" other than the leaks that are already out there.

So in my personal opinion... I don't care for the many "mysterious posters" we've seen. Take it how you will.

Never have I ever claimed to be anything like Emeric and a need for attention is far from accurate, I do this for the love of the fright. I stated in a recent status that Emerics knowledge supercedes my own and I also said in the past that my hints are never 100% especially since most of them came very early on, things can and will change. If your confused as to where I stand, I am nothing more then a mere speculator just like you all, except that I have a bit more reason to my speculations. Where Emeric stands is where I want to be...and that will come in time.

Never have I ever claimed to be anything like Emeric and a need for attention is far from accurate, I do this for the love of the fright. I stated in a recent status that Emerics knowledge supercedes my own and I also said in the past that my hints are never 100% especially since most of them came very early on, things can and will change. If your confused as to where I stand, I am nothing more then a mere speculator just like you all, except that I have a bit more reason to my speculations. Where Emeric stands is where I want to be...and that will come in time.

Good Luck on your future ambitions!

As for Emeric's statements to Chad yesterday, it occurs to me that he made a paraphrase of a famous quotation by Mark Twain when he did.

Another mysterious literary reference, hmmmmmm, will we have great literary works of horror adapted at HHN?

There is a 25th anniversary for a horror novel this year.

It! Yes, I know King is rumored every year and being a fanatic of his work I cannot help myself.

On the addition of German to Emeric's latest comments.

Strasbourg is a Franco-German town. It's actualy changed hands between the two countries a few times.

No offense to you. I don't know you. I'm just saying there are only a handful of people I trust as accurate and Emeric is/was the only one I trusted with that delivery method... (And I can't stand the vagueness... But I take what I can get). The rest of my sources don't post the info and don't want people to know where it came from. I respect that and take it more seriously. But my opinion is just that. As Doc said I wish you luck in your ambitions! His is not an easy position to acquire being that the only people with that kind of info are high up the chain.

Good Luck on your future ambitions!

As for Emeric's statements to Chad yesterday, it occurs to me that he made a paraphrase of a famous quotation by Mark Twain when he did.

Another mysterious literary reference, hmmmmmm, will we have great literary works of horror adapted at HHN?

Exactly! That is the second quote from Twain.

Edited by JWFearman

There is a 25th anniversary for a horror novel this year.

It! Yes, I know King is rumored every year and being a fanatic of his work I cannot help myself.

On the addition of German to Emeric's latest comments.

Strasbourg is a Franco-German town. It's actualy changed hands between the two countries a few times.

Heather, you know that I love and respect you enormously, but I am afraid that adapting any works by Stephen King would be highly problematic. First they would have to acquire the rights from King himself, and I understand that he has been somewhat reluctant to allow his works to be adapted for theme park haunted attractions.

Secondly the book in question is of course, It. Somehow in this New Era of Darkness, I think that that book about an evil clown would be the last King work they would consider for HHN, what with the major Jack overdose we have had for the past 11 years.

IF they do adapt literary works at all, it seems far more likely that they would choose those in the public domain that have high public recognition. Poe comes to mind.

Heather, you know that I love and respect you enormously, but I am afraid that adapting any works by Stephen King would be highly problematic. First they would have to acquire the rights from King himself, and I understand that he has been somewhat reluctant to allow his works to be adapted for theme park haunted attractions.

No offense taken, Doc. I was ordering my copy of the special edition copy when I read the rumors/specs about an anniversary and literary references. I was actually hoping the post would make people think out of the box. Although if the hints do end up leading to Eddie as has been suggested, then my King reference is still good.

Is the website not working for anyone else?

It's been doing this on and off over the past couple weeks. It's always around this time of year they more than likely are working on the server, and doing some behind the scenes updates getting ready for a "teaser". Keep an eye out, something could change this week.

Secondly the book in question is of course, It. Somehow in this New Era of Darkness, I think that that book about an evil clown would be the last King work they would consider for HHN, what with the major Jack overdose we have had for the past 11 years.

IF they do adapt literary works at all, it seems far more likely that they would choose those in the public domain that have high public recognition. Poe comes to mind.

I do agree that it would be slightly problematic, but the rumor of IT does have some weight to it. They are remaking the movie right now, so couldn't it go the way of promoting it, like they did with The wolfman? Plus the new movie is showing more of the other side of IT, going for less of a clown and more of an evil entity disguised as the clown.

I'd love to see a IT house but I don't know that in a house the idea of the evil entity would come off any better than it did in the first movie. I know lots of people who didn't get the spider. Or didn't understand that the spider wasn't it just another chosen visual form

Edited by Carnagefan

It seems like everytime there is a movie rumor everyone falls back on, yeah it's possible cause there remaking it and could advertise it like they did wolfman, Wolfman was an exception and was apart of a year that they were doing movies anyway...let's push IT into the more unlikely zone.

A lot of interesting speculation, I like it!

The idea of popular literary works as themes for houses is an interesting one. Now, these opinions are coming from someone that has no connection to Universal pretty much, but it seems to me like it wouldn't exactly intrigue a lot of customers. However, the idea of having one single house with several rooms based on different works, I would love to see (I.e All Night DrIvE In or The Usher's house in '09 - blanking on a name - with literature and not movies).

I would love to see Eddie make an appearance! I can't explain how frustrating it was to walk through and entire park of "I.C.U." and never actually see Eddie. (though finally seeing him in this past years scare zone was cool.) Eddie is the type of character thy would appeal to HHN newbies and hardcore fans.

As for anything from Stephen King, after watching an interview with him about a month ago, I'm not sure he would give the rights to do something like a haunted house. He's very insistent about being extremely involved in any kind of recreation of his novels, and I doubt he would entertain the idea. But im not gonna lie, it would be an instant classic.

But there's my two cents.

It seems like everytime there is a movie rumor everyone falls back on, yeah it's possible cause there remaking it and could advertise it like they did wolfman, Wolfman was an exception and was apart of a year that they were doing movies anyway...let's push IT into the more unlikely zone.

In addition to them not wanting to add another evil clown at HHN at this stage, it should be noted that IF they do a movie adaptation in Orlando (which is quite unlikely) then they would almost certainly choose a film released by Universal, such as the upcoming remake of The Thing.

Why would Universal pay for acquiring the rights to a Warner Brothers movie like It? They don't want to give away free advertising to the competition!

I for one would love to see a house or a few houses based on books but like the guy above me don't know if it would grab the GP. Then again another part of me thinks the GP would flock to a year based on books they have most likely read. Really that could go either way. As for the people thinking about IT, as much as I would love to see it I doubt it will happen. The thing people recognize from the book/movie is Pennywise the clown. That's way too close to jack. Yes Pennywise is just the personification of the evil entity that is IT but the clown is what people recognize. I can't wait for this year with all of the speculation finally ramping up, it's just making me more and more excited. Too bad I don't know if I will make it down this year or not.

I can't wait for this year with all of the speculation finally ramping up, it's just making me more and more excited. Too bad I don't know if I will make it down this year or not.

Well, if you can't make it down here at least you have Hersheypark in the Dark right in your own backyard, and of course Shocktoberfest in nearby Reading!!!

I hear Shocktoberfest is pretty damn scary.

WHOOO!!! MY 3000TH POST!!!!!

I don't know Mr. Timeout's status either, but some of his past posts have come to fruition, at least in concept. Some of his recent posts are, indeed, vague, but I feel that he knows more than we think he knows. His posts about looking from the west, but still being able to see and about possibly working for A&D in the future can possibly be supported by his move to California (assuming his location is accurate). Also, his post about an event that focuses on an anniversary far bigger than the event could most definitely refer to Universal Studios Florida's 21st Birthday, which it just had this past week. I know we are entering a New Age of Darkness, but perhaps this significant milestone birthday marks such an occasion for HHN to celebrate.

I know the literature idea has been thrown around on these sites for a few years now, but many things, including Universal's classic horror movies and concepts for HHN ideas, come from literature. It is hard to find too many things that don't have roots in books, where author's use their true creative minds to capture either their own original thoughts or stories based on historical events . . . or a combination of both. We have seen this time and again at HHN, where ideas were either directly or loosely based off of movies (and books). And with Emeric's constant reference to literary works, we cannot possibly avoid the significance of his posts to the event. While I still don't understand the full breadth of "the game" to which he constantly refers, rolling dice and taking chances seem to be a common theme. Now, how does USF's 21st birthday, literature, and Emeric's "game" combine to form HHN21, which is the beginning of a NEW Age of Darkness? That's the question at which we should be looking.

I don't know Mr. Timeout's status either, but some of his past posts have come to fruition, at least in concept. Some of his recent posts are, indeed, vague, but I feel that he knows more than we think he knows. His posts about looking from the west, but still being able to see and about possibly working for A&D in the future can possibly be supported by his move to California (assuming his location is accurate). Also, his post about an event that focuses on an anniversary far bigger than the event could most definitely refer to Universal Studios Florida's 21st Birthday, which it just had this past week. I know we are entering a New Age of Darkness, but perhaps this significant milestone birthday marks such an occasion for HHN to celebrate.

I know the literature idea has been thrown around on these sites for a few years now, but many things, including Universal's classic horror movies and concepts for HHN ideas, come from literature. It is hard to find too many things that don't have roots in books, where author's use their true creative minds to capture either their own original thoughts or stories based on historical events . . . or a combination of both. We have seen this time and again at HHN, where ideas were either directly or loosely based off of movies (and books). And with Emeric's constant reference to literary works, we cannot possibly avoid the significance of his posts to the event. While I still don't understand the full breadth of "the game" to which he constantly refers, rolling dice and taking chances seem to be a common theme. Now, how does USF's 21st birthday, literature, and Emeric's "game" combine to form HHN21, which is the beginning of a NEW Age of Darkness? That's the question at which we should be looking.

If you want to get a better idea on how much Marcus knows, then join the Dream Makers and find out!

I think you could tie it all together with a writer icon who writes horror into existence... you could do original work as well as houses based on clasical literature. Things like a Poe house could be thrown in as they are related. Or have the icon rewrite stories into twisted horror... which would open it up to dark comedy houses in the same vein as "Pride and Prejudice and zombies" or "Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter" Not those particular books but some other absurd idea.

I invision the icon to be a slight, odd fellow with a distubing insane quality about him. Perhaps a fashion misfit who wears antiquated clothing and/or facial hair. He could literally carry around an evil, flesh-bound book in which he writes his stories and ideas in which immediately come forth into existence.

Of course I see him in victorian clothing as that is the kick I'm on lately... but he could easily be from any period.

Edited by JWFearman