HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

What's the scuttlebutt on auditions this year? I actually have the opportunity to do it. I remember last year they were around this time, and I'm freaking out because I can't find much info on it! I don't want to miss out on the opportunity again.

Does anyone have any info at all? And I'm sure that it's been around here, I just haven't been lurking at all during the off season.

We don't have much of anything to speculate on right now, so please forgive me.

These are anticipated dates based on the pattern of the past two years, so please understand that what I'm about to say isn't concrete. If you've been a scare-actor before, then expect to receive an email announcing the reunion audition sometime between Thursday, June 16th and Friday, June 17th. Expect the audition to be at 6PM on Tuesday, July 5th or possibly Tuesday, July 12th due to the closeness of the 4th of July holiday. Get there early, like add an additional hour on to whatever time you're plan on arriving. If you currently work somewhere else in the parks, then make sure that you have your temporary transfer papers signed by your direct supervisor or the head supervisor/manager of your home department. Last year, after immediately being seen by the judges we were told that transfers weren't being accepted at that time. I think that may have just been due to the 20th Anniversary and the fact that seasonal entertainment employees were coming out of the wood work to be a part of it. Typically, transfers are welcomed without issue, provided that the person has used the appropriate chain of command to get permission. But, just in case, anticipate that you may be asked to return that Saturday for the internal makeup audition or the following Tuesday for the first opened casting call. If you're new, then come to that first casting call I just mentioned and, again, get there early. The sooner you audition, the greater your chances are of getting chosen.

Back on track. I don't think Universal has specified enough for us to know if the old shows have been scrapped. Like, Bill and Ted will probably be back in full force because that show's construction is constantly evolving with the times and not HHN, but I'd guess that the rest are up for revamp, replacement, or re-imagining. I don't think they will re-imagine or even slightly revamp Beetlejuice or Rocky Horror, even though I personally think that both are deserving of it, and Bill and Ted will probably get some kind of new technical attention. I could really see Universal turning it into a permanent 3-D show, as was rumored last year, at least that's a believable venture to me. I honestly wouldn't mind a Shock Treatment/Rocky Horror mashup, but I'm in the minority.

It can be pulled off, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon. They should really remake the show with new songs every year and have the show debut during HHN, keeping it year round till the next HHN and debut.

... Now, that's a brilliant idea. Back off track. lol

Edited by Pumpkin

Expect the audition to be at 6PM on Tuesday, July 5th or possibly Tuesday, July 12th due to the closeness of the 4th of July holiday.

I heard a rumor that the Reunion auditions would be held on the Thursday after July 4th.

ok, so I was just looking at the wikipedia page for this game thats coming out soon called Alice: Madness Returns and it says in it that HHN is gonna be having a haunted house and maybe scarezone for it. It doesnt list a source so it's probably not true but I havent been paying attention to HHN here recently so I don't know and I'm just throwing it out there that it says that.

link of page (as of right now at least, it has section saying it'll be at HHN)

Sorry, but hell no. Game houses will never, ever happen.

With these rumors floating around for a two-path house this year from the construction thread, I wonder if we'll have something like Frighgantic (Spelling?) this year?

Okay, I don't follow Rumors so this is the first I've heard of a two-path house. As awesome as it would be (as long as the theme can justify it), and as commercially viable as it would be (New Era and all), I want to know where this spec is coming from.

My theory on the way this facade is: It is hard to see if there is an opening in the front. But there is clearly a opening where we would normal come out AND the facade clearly faces the normal front. It would be a logistical nightmare to come out the normal front as there is no room in the back (it would run into the second tent queue) and if the queue is where it normally is... there would be nowhere for the people leaving to go.

It is also illogical for that to be some second queue for the parade building. (it would run into the out as well as the queue for the second tent) not to mention it is butted right up to the tent which means it is indeed part of that tent.

The only way i can see it (from what I can see) is that it is just a more elaborate front.

There is a concrete path on the other side. But I have no knowledge of doors on that side.

Edited by JWFearman

Okay, I don't follow Rumors so this is the first I've heard of a two-path house. As awesome as it would be (as long as the theme can justify it), and as commercially viable as it would be (New Era and all), I want to know where this spec is coming from.

I am where the spec started. I've been following the permits since 08. I find them and the process endlessly fascinating.

In 2008, 8 permits were pulled. In 09 and 10 only 7 permits were pulled. This peeked my interest and I went on a permit hunt. In 09, I found an 8th permit pulled for HHN with the prefix PRJ that listed the master permit number as the permit for SS23. I went back to 08's permits and found no permits with the PRJ prefix pulled for that year's HHN. In 10, the same thing. 8th permit with prefix PRJ with master number being for SS23's permit. SS23 was the only location with 2 houses, so I assumed PRJ could stand for project and have something to do with it being for two houses.

There is a PRJ permit that has been pulled for this year, but it's for B79 or the parade building. Using my observations and assumptions from the previous years, I deduced the possibility that B79 could hold 2 houses this year. There are things that could support this theory.

1 There are other ingresses and egresses to the Parade Bldg that could be used.

2 The Parade Bldg is large enough to hold 2 houses

3 The permits were pulled almost a full month before they were pulled last year, giving more time for construction.

4 The appearance of a facade in a non usual place suggesting a possible change to the queues.

5 Is the big one. Adding a 9th house it the only way an upcharge/extreme house can happen. Noone, GP or the fans, would appreciate the loss of a house. Especially considering we would have to pay the same or more for less experience and if we wanted to experience the same number of houses as in previous years there would be an additional charge.

As stated this spec is based on my assumptions and observations. There is support, but my interpretation could be misguided and wrong.

What is weird to me is that the facade of Sprung 1 (labeled as Sprung 2 above) seems to be facing MIB/the usual queue for Sprung 2. I could be wrong as it is hard to visualize without actually seeing it in person.

Wait you have me confused. The construction is on the normal out door of the tent closest to MIB. Which tent was the spawning? That is the one I have labeled as sprung 1. Or am I turned around on where this was taken from?

Edited by JWFearman

Wait you have me confused. The construction is on the normal out door of the tent closet to MIB. Which tent was the spawning? That is the one I have labeled as sprung 1.

Oh, is it? Aren't the normal "out doors" for both tents in relatively the same position? In either case, the placement is odd.

FYI:

Sprung 1 = Catacombs, Chucky, Hallow, etc.

Sprung 2 = Havoc, Spawning, Dead Exposure, etc.

OK I do have them backwards in numbering... but now you have me at a loss for where this was taken. When I saw this I immediately thought the out door for sprung 2.But it is definitely a weird placement none the less. Can anyone verify which door this is?

edit: HERE is the correct orientation of the tents (real pic) side by side with the pic

sprung.jpg

Rumors stated it is an "out" door. So either way... that facade is in a bizzare place.

Edited by JWFearman

Heh... and I'm working on a crowd flow chart (because, of course, the logistics are what I'm concerned most about...)

Mystique, awesome. Your speculation makes a lot of sense, and there is a path to the "back" of the Parade building that could put a queue entrance in Hollywood, which would fill one of the "Entrance Gaps" in where you enter houses. It's perfectly logical.

Two things: First, since SS23 seems to be the normal PRJ site, are you implying that it says it again this year? If there are indeed 2 PRJ houses, then you might definitely be onto something.

Second, why do you automatically assume a ninth house would be an upcharge house? I know it was said at the forum that there would definitely be 8 houses, but if there are 9 then you definitely have 8. I'm still quite hesitant to believe that the Extreme house is coming only because HHN attracts a different... hmmm... "clientele" than HOS does (I'll just say it. HHN has a crap-load of angry drunks). I just see a lot of potential for liabilities problems and a whole lot of complaints from people who paid in advance but "are too drunk to go through," or "Paid $100 to go to HHN and I deserve to go through every house."

If there is a 9th house... I honestly expect it to just be an additional house.

Nice BruinsFan!

OK after reading Cavalry's post describing the pictures he took, He stated the other picture of the tents was the Catacombs tent. So this picture is indeed Sprung Tent 2. Which also implies that Mr. Eddie Schmidt's FB fan page is not run by anyone who is constructing the tents or works for Universal as he also mislabled them.

It looks like it was taken from the walkway behind Men In Black. So I think my original assumption makes the most sense. That the walled portion facing towads MIB is simply a continuation of a front facade. While the exit would remain normal. It just doesn't makes sense to go in the reverse way with the facade facing away from the entrance you are going in or the confusion that would insue with the queues.

Edit: Calvary's newest pic clearly show the front is open.. So that tears that... I have no idea how this works as a entrance. interesting and perplexing.

I am where the spec started. I've been following the permits since 08. I

In 2008, 8 permits were pulled. In 09 and 10 only 7 permits were pulled. This peeked my interest and I went on a permit hunt. In 09, I found an 8th permit pulled for HHN with the prefix PRJ that listed the master permit number as the permit for SS23. I went back to 08's permits and found no permits with the PRJ prefix pulled for that year's HHN. In 10, the same thing. 8th permit with prefix PRJ with master number being for SS23's permit. SS23 was the only location with 2 houses, so I assumed PRJ could stand for project and have something to do with it being for two houses.

My question on this then would be why two permits were pulled for 23 then this year and not a PRJ. Also the PRJ2011-01192 has no information in it at all. While the others have advanced quite a bit. I don't know what that means (they read like stereo instructions) , perhaps it is the overall project permit? But I see where you are going with the extreme house idea. Keeping up with HOS. I don't think it will happen and I'm leaning towards no 9th house at all.

Edited by JWFearman

Sorry, but hell no. Game houses will never, ever happen.

Uh, sorry to be the barer of 'bad news' but at HHN X, There was a video game house. It was called "Nightmare Creatures II" and it was in the Kongfrontation ride and you basically walked through the ride which was pretty awesome and scareactors were littered through the walk way jumping out at you. So you should never say never.

soruce.jpg

Also thanks to the advent of the internet and this website I can back up my claim with the map from HHN X

But... it had nothing to do with the game. (It was neat to walk under Kong but felt more like a sz than a house... However it was labled "Haunted Attraction" so it was kind of vague.) I think the name "Nightmare Creatures" is mutally exclusive in reference to the game and the house which was completely different.

Edited by JWFearman

Heh... and I'm working on a crowd flow chart (because, of course, the logistics are what I'm concerned most about...)

Mystique, awesome. Your speculation makes a lot of sense, and there is a path to the "back" of the Parade building that could put a queue entrance in Hollywood, which would fill one of the "Entrance Gaps" in where you enter houses. It's perfectly logical.

The Parade building has 6 "doors" that can be used for entrances/exits. 3 in the front (where we normally enter/exit), 2 in the rear and 1 on the side. I don't see them using the side door, but you never know.

As far as entering/exiting in the rear, it seems that having the queue wind through the Curious George area could work rather than starting all the way back in Hollywood. The queue could also extend all the way down in the direction of the Hard Rock hotel.

There are many options here, but they all involve a LOT of walking. :)

As far as entering/exiting in the rear, it seems that having the queue wind through the Curious George area could work rather than starting all the way back in Hollywood. The queue could also extend all the way down in the direction of the Hard Rock hotel.

With them starting the queue closer to Curious George, they may be able to make a much larger SZ (like what Fractured Tales was supposed to be) in the KZ area. I agree that it would be more walking, but they wouldn't have to start the queue as close to Animal Actors as they have in the past.

The changes to who how Sprung 2 is developing (with a possible entrance at the exit) could be a clue as well. It could allow the queue entrance to Sprunge 1 to move where both Sprungs exited in the past, and still allow for only two queue lines to start in the ET/Kidzone/Curious George area. One queue would go to the "front" of the Parade building (like normal) and one goes to the "back."

Looks like we may be getting that massive queue shuffle after all. It's just on the opposite side of the park.

The changes to who how Sprung 2 is developing (with a possible entrance at the exit) could be a clue as well. It could allow the queue entrance to Sprunge 1 to move where both Sprungs exited in the past, and still allow for only two queue lines to start in the ET/Kidzone/Curious George area. One queue would go to the "front" of the Parade building (like normal) and one goes to the "back."

Looks like we may be getting that massive queue shuffle after all. It's just on the opposite side of the park.

I'm still confused as to how the flow of traffic would work at the Sprung tents, if that's the case. I can believe that there may be two houses in the Parade building... that seems plausible. I just don't get how switching the entrance/exits of the sprung tents could possibly work. Thus, I'm not quite convinced that they're switching the entrances/exits just yet. Anyone have ideas on how a switch could work? Seems like the lines collide too closely there to function as anything other than exits.

I'm still confused as to how the flow of traffic would work at the Sprung tents, if that's the case. I can believe that there may be two houses in the Parade building... that seems plausible. I just don't get how switching the entrance/exits of the sprung tents could possibly work. Thus, I'm not quite convinced that they're switching the entrances/exits just yet. Anyone have ideas on how a switch could work? Seems like the lines collide too closely there to function as anything other than exits.

I'll a graph up within the next couple of hours...