HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

Well the site used to be /orlando/behindthescreams.html and it was always there since '06 (even though it wasn't always linked to). But after they replaced their teaser site last year the entire site was redesigned and there was no longer an archive page. Which I understand seeing that there were bits and pieces of various old HHN websites scattered across the server.

Last years replaced it. So I don't think we will see the archive site from before. We might see last years' page stick around... or it could go away all together.

The media site was removed as well and replaced with the news tab. (Which I like a lot more anyway)

Edited by JWFearman

Brian has already said he WILL NOT be at HHN this year. He expressed that he would like to return, but wasn't asked back this year. So no dice on Brian Brushwood for 2011.

I just dont understand Uni obsession with getting him the past years, is he the only act available? there are no other freakshows? kinda scares me if he is the only act they can get

Love Brushwood but we can use a year or two off. I was hoping that Mike and Co caught Dan Sperry at Frightdome last year when they were out there. He's be a perfect fit for the second show. If they doLizardman and sideshows they need to be presented as smaller stage shows not in the big theaters. Most of the sideshow acts are not designed for that big stage and play better with a smaller group. Lizard man was at his best the year he was set up as que entertainment IMHO

Looks like we had the splash screen go up last year 14 June 2010 (which I THINK was 100 days from the event)

We also got the latern tease on 08 July 2010

So I'ma guessing that it will either be tomorrow (we have had the page removed on the 1st in the past) or 15 days from now.

Sad we had a whole lot more speculation last year this time (we had more info). Now it's a ghost town. by July 14th we had a great deal of code names and room names soooo... Maybe some of that will happen again.. Else I'll be a sad panda.

Edited by JWFearman

II'm hoping I get an opportunity to talk to a couple of the free-lancers who assist with the builds in the next couple of weeks to see if they are actually working the event this year. Although, with how tight management is being, even the house plans that the builders see may consist of "Wood goes here. It will be a room."

Looks like we had the splash screen go up last year 14 June 2010 (which I THINK was 100 days from the event)

We also got the latern tease on 08 July 2010

So I'ma guessing that it will either be tomorrow (we have had the page removed on the 1st in the past) or 15 days from now.

Sad we had a whole lot more speculation last year this time (we had more info). Now it's a ghost town. by July 14th we had a great deal of code names and room names soooo... Maybe some of that will happen again.. Else I'll be a sad panda.

True we did have a lot more info by this time last year than we do now. Hopefully something pops up soon so we can blow the lid off this speculation thread... B)

I just dont understand Uni obsession with getting him the past years, is he the only act available? there are no other freakshows? kinda scares me if he is the only act they can get

I think they keep asking Brian back because he's a great guy and seems like he would be easy to work with. He's extremely personable with his fans, so I presume he's genuinely a nice guy who Universal likes to work with/support. His shows are fun, although it would be nice to see brand new shows each time he returns to HHN.

Anyway, it would be nice to have some variety. I'm not a Rocky Horror fan, but it'd be nice to alternate every few years with performers so there's always a variety in the magic/freak show/performance area.

Anyway, it would be nice to have some variety. I'm not a Rocky Horror fan, but it'd be nice to alternate every few years with performers so there's always a variety in the magic/freak show/performance area.

I say bring back Rocky Horror! Not because I like it. I could care less. But it seems popular with a lot of people. So those folks can pack that show and it'll make for more manageable lines for the houses for me :D

I say bring back Rocky Horror! Not because I like it. I could care less. But it seems popular with a lot of people. So those folks can pack that show and it'll make for more manageable lines for the houses for me :D

ROCKY HORROR SHOULD COME BACK but....

they need some individuality to the show, i know the movie is big with it but it looks better with the characters more indepth with individuality watch some clips from our uk tour, they were amazing, plus the usherette dancers should be phantoms, bored me a lot was disappointed, i have a lot of ideas for it :D xxx

As much as I love the regular Beetlejuice show during regular park hours, I wouldn't mind seeing a "revised version" just for HHN. They used Beetlejuice shows in the earlier years of HHN, so I could probably see them doing it again.

As much as I love the regular Beetlejuice show during regular park hours, I wouldn't mind seeing a "revised version" just for HHN. They used Beetlejuice shows in the earlier years of HHN, so I could probably see them doing it again.

I'd like a revisit to the old-school Beetlejuice show...with the Phantom and sans the cheerleaders. I liked the old show just fine and haven't really warmed up to this incarnation.

Mae

ok, so I was just looking at the wikipedia page for this game thats coming out soon called Alice: Madness Returns and it says in it that HHN is gonna be having a haunted house and maybe scarezone for it. It doesnt list a source so it's probably not true but I havent been paying attention to HHN here recently so I don't know and I'm just throwing it out there that it says that.

link of page (as of right now at least, it has section saying it'll be at HHN)

am my invisible here or summat, do i not get awknowledgement about my idea??? bit unfair

It's not unfair, you're just impatient.

Besides, this thread is Speculation. Putting what you want to see at the event is intended to be placed in the Wishful Thinking thread, and Rocky Horror is an idea that has been discussed.

Edited by Legacy

ok, so I was just looking at the wikipedia page for this game thats coming out soon called Alice: Madness Returns and it says in it that HHN is gonna be having a haunted house and maybe scarezone for it. It doesnt list a source so it's probably not true but I havent been paying attention to HHN here recently so I don't know and I'm just throwing it out there that it says that.

link of page (as of right now at least, it has section saying it'll be at HHN)

That makes no sense. American Mcgee's Alice is EA/Spicy Horse. Why would universal NBC celebrate it? Plus we've already had a twisted wonderland SZ. Alice has appeared many times in the ST houses. I don't think so (not that I would mind the Alice franchinse is epic)it just sounds like sombody messing with Wiki again.

am my invisible here or summat, do i not get awknowledgement about my idea??? bit unfair

Patience grasshopper... if someone wants to comment they will. You can't expect everyone to fawn over your every post.

Edited by JWFearman

That makes no sense. American Mcgee's Alice is EA/Spicy Horse. Why would universal NBC celebrate it? Plus we've already had a twisted wonderland SZ. Alice has appeared many times in the ST houses. I don't think so (not that I would mind the Alice franchinse is epic)it just sounds like sombody messing with Wiki again.

Yeah I figured all that. I just thought itd be fun to speculate the idea and I personally love the idea cause I love the series.

(Flame away, but....) as someone who's NEVER seen the Beetleguise (or however they spell it in the movie) show, I'd welcome this. It's not like I AVOID the show, it's just as someone in Upstate NY who only comes down for HHN, I've never had the chance to see the show since it doesn't play during the day during HHN. Would actually love to see it. Might suck for the locals, but would be good for those who travel long distances just for HHN.

EDIT: Of course, they'd have to make it Rated R (or at least PG-13) for the event.

Edited by Oysterhead00

I think they keep asking Brian back because he's a great guy and seems like he would be easy to work with. He's extremely personable with his fans, so I presume he's genuinely a nice guy who Universal likes to work with/support. His shows are fun, although it would be nice to see brand new shows each time he returns to HHN.

Oh, Yeah I dont deny he is a nice guy, he really is, he is friendly and funny, down to earth, he talks to the fans, yeah, I just wont go to see his show again, so is a waste of opportunity for having a new show,

well Yes, I go to see rocky in HHN at least once every night im there, sometimes twice, I dont know how popular it is or not, but, when I go it seems there is a lot of people there,

I actually said this last year i think, I think I even said it in the vault too, I always thought, If they take out Rocky horror (which they did) then just do the Bettlejuice show, I see no problem whatsoever with that, I have never seen that show before, and, I could see myself going to it several nights if they did it, I never understood why UNI doesn't put the show at night,

I mean, I know they want to put something different than from the day time, but, I would love to see this show at night, specially if they do something different than the regular one

It can be pulled off, but I don't see them doing it anytime soon. They should really remake the show with new songs every year and have the show debut during HHN, keeping it year round till the next HHN and debut.

Ok, only read this last page (48) and haven't seen anything on it, and I see no threads on it. So I'm going to post it here rather than make a topic because I bet it's right under my nose.

What's the scuttlebutt on auditions this year? I actually have the opportunity to do it. I remember last year they were around this time, and I'm freaking out because I can't find much info on it! I don't want to miss out on the opportunity again.

Does anyone have any info at all? And I'm sure that it's been around here, I just haven't been lurking at all during the off season.

Ok, only read this last page (48) and haven't seen anything on it, and I see no threads on it. So I'm going to post it here rather than make a topic because I bet it's right under my nose.

What's the scuttlebutt on auditions this year? I actually have the opportunity to do it. I remember last year they were around this time, and I'm freaking out because I can't find much info on it! I don't want to miss out on the opportunity again.

Does anyone have any info at all? And I'm sure that it's been around here, I just haven't been lurking at all during the off season.

Haven't occured yet. Too early. I believe open auditions will be mid July.

In relation to the shows.. I guess it depends on the theme of the year. Granted Freaks and magicians have been a part of the event since the beginning. But the freaks really fit during the Jack years. We've had LaNouba-like shows, comedians... Even the Pendragons. I would like to see a new show that lines up with the theme of the year. If the whole gambling thing is correct an undead Vegas style show would be cool. I'm still waiting for MS to do a show. <_<

Oh and here is the First Beetlejuice show from '91

Edited by JWFearman