HHN XXI Speculation

Mark M.

I loved the incorporation of the rides into HHN 10. I don't remember much more than Jack in the Jaws ride, but Earthquake (Dark Torment) and the Kongfrontation walk through (Nightmare Creatures ) were just cool. Dark Torment was especially neat because you went through the 'scary' part of the Earthquake attraction, then had to leave through the haunted house. It was genius. The queue for Nightmare Creatures had creatures in it, too. I remember one of them sneaking around a pillar to scare the group in front of us while we were waiting. Loved it. I've wished for that sort of interaction at HHN ever since. I would be very happy to see it, again!

Mae

• Like 1

Well SS Frighttanic had ghosts in the line dressed in period clothing. (The one I saw was on crutches and was missing a leg)

Also Remember the bum like guys at the first psycho scareapy? they were awesome too.

I had forgotten about Nightmare Creatures and Dark Torment. That was neat. I thought Nightmare Creatures was kind of weak but being able to walk underneath Kong was incredible. (much like the time my wife and I got stuck on The Mummy and were evacuated underneath the ride)

Actually I think most of the houses were very inovative in 2000.

Total Chaos had the "elevator", slide and ball pit.

The Fearhouse had that cool cat room they piled you into killed the lights and attacked your legs with cats paws...

Anixety in 3-D had that rotating mirror room.

Well universal Classic Monster Mania wasn't really innovated but was still good.

Edited by JWFearman
  • Like 1

I loved the incorporation of the rides into HHN 10. I don't remember much more than Jack in the Jaws ride, but Earthquake (Dark Torment) and the Kongfrontation walk through (Nightmare Creatures ) were just cool. Dark Torment was especially neat because you went through the 'scary' part of the Earthquake attraction, then had to leave through the haunted house. It was genius. The queue for Nightmare Creatures had creatures in it, too. I remember one of them sneaking around a pillar to scare the group in front of us while we were waiting. Loved it. I've wished for that sort of interaction at HHN ever since. I would be very happy to see it, again!

Mae

Wow that is one thing I never knew that they had done, that sounds amazing!

If I'm not mistaken, didn't they do something like that with the ET ride? Having scareactors hiding in the queue beofoe u got on the ride? Or am I thinking of something else?

But yeah! I am all for them spooky-fying the rides this year!!! I think the Mummy would be a PERFECT spot forsomething like that! Hell....all of them would be, but I've always been creeped out by the queue for the Mummy, so this would just add the icing on the cake :D And while I never saw it, I think that Jack popping out at me during Jaws would be terrifying. lol

As much fun as "re"incorporating scareactors into attractions would be, I can't imagine it ever happening again. With 8 houses and six scarezones (at an anticipated bare minimum), I can't see the production team attempting to spread their scareactors even thinner. From my understanding, last year had more scareactors back out during the run then there had been in years, so some ABU's and Firecrews ended up getting pulled in full-time at the end of the run (Catacombs had one ABU who spent the entire last week with us). Also, I personally think it pulls money away from what needs to be focused on: Houses and Scarezones. Can I see them decorating Jaws? Sure, but it would probably be extremely minimal. Spooky gobo here. A fog machine there. Maybe some pumpkins. Would they have a "HHN Soundtrack" for RRR? Maybe in five or six years. Not this year. The ride still hasn't even been open during a HHN.

I speculate that A&D will return to Sting Alley as a scarezone, and possibly might play with different locations a bit more. I would love to see the alley where the Blues Brothers perform turn into a prohibition-zombie mob-war shootout (MOB ZOMBIES!), and a Central Park scarezone. I think they are going to try and challenge our perceptions of the event, and by our I mean the people who are discussing it before their proposal has even been made (I know it has been, but we were discussing it before-hand). I think they will view it as a challenge to surprise us. At least I hope they do. Catacombs and Havoc completely blew our expectations out of the water. They will probably work to top that.

I speculate that A&D will return to Sting Alley as a scarezone, and possibly might play with different locations a bit more. I would love to see the alley where the Blues Brothers perform turn into a prohibition-zombie mob-war shootout (MOB ZOMBIES!), and a Central Park scarezone. I think they are going to try and challenge our perceptions of the event, and by our I mean the people who are discussing it before their proposal has even been made (I know it has been, but we were discussing it before-hand). I think they will view it as a challenge to surprise us. At least I hope they do. Catacombs and Havoc completely blew our expectations out of the water. They will probably work to top that.

I LOVE that idea!!!

Mae

http://behindthethrills.com/2011/03/blackstone-looking-to-sell-off-universal-orlando/

What bearing, if any, will it have on HHN? My guess is not much.

I'm thinking the same. Companies change hands all the time in the business world without changing up everything. HHN is a popular event that draws a profit, so dumping it would piss off a good portion of Florida and drop a consistent money-earner, two things that will easily result in lost profit. Considering that the buyout is purely for revenue, I don't think we should worry.

Just what is the mysterious "Phil Caughins" (Fill Coffins) getting at, I wonder?

At this point I feel it is best to say I am getting at whatever you can imagine from the vagueness of that release.

Phillip Coughins

Thinking about the use of different Soundstages; that could potentially alter the set up of the queues drastically. It could mean opening up the Backlot for a scarezone and allowing guests to enter the Soundstages from the back instead of side and also open up the Hollywood Stage for concerts (MS) or, yes, even an arrival show.

Kind of a relief. As original as a "lab animals run amok" idea is, I don't think it would work as an HHN maze.

Then again, if it were the tongue-in-cheek house of the year, it's just odd enough to be a hit. Think "Creatures!" in a lab setting, stuffed to the gills with oversized foam-latex puppet zombie creatures. Hmmm, I may have just changed my own mind.

The recent FB updates are just a continuation of the story I started last year, go to my first post and read away. For the latest youtube video.

hint--------------------------------------------------------------------------->--------------------------------------------------------------------------->-------------------------------------------------------> speculation

Kind of a relief. As original as a "lab animals run amok" idea is, I don't think it would work as an HHN maze.

Then again, if it were the tongue-in-cheek house of the year, it's just odd enough to be a hit. Think "Creatures!" in a lab setting, stuffed to the gills with oversized foam-latex puppet zombie creatures. Hmmm, I may have just changed my own mind.

For some reason a house filled with mole rats just came to mind...they're those hairless rats...but they all look like the one from Kim Possible.

Which is more phallic than zombie-esque, but still vaguely alarming.

:blink:

Mae

not zombie BOB :(

Also if a house was based on a science lab with a form of mutated creature inside i would see them only using scareactors as deformed/mad scientists etc unless the creatures were human sized.

Edited by L Wyatt

At this point I feel it is best to say I am getting at whatever you can imagine from the vagueness of that release.

Phillip Coughins

Dude, I LOVE In the Air Tonight! Could you play that drum solo for us in your next video?

I did notice that pretty soon after you said hint chainsaws went off. Does anybody else think this is a hint that we're going to get more of those this year? Or am I just stupid as hell?

I'm probably just stupid as hell.

not zombie BOB :(

Also if a house was based on a science lab with a form of mutated creature inside i would see them only using scareactors as deformed/mad scientists etc unless the creatures were human sized.

yeah I like that idea, I wrote before that full size mutated animals would really scare me but it got erased,

but I agree, that could be a really good idea, the Icon could even be an evil scientist, kinda like Havoc, but with mutated creatures

Edited by black7mask