HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

The facade could be a small one story home surrounded by trees. You enter, and walk down a hallway, and at the end is the door leading into darkness, but on each side of the door are windows with trees and a yard perfectly visible through them. I imagine the Minotaur would just be heard, and not actually seen, which I guess would be pretty disappointing. That's why I thought the walls themselves would come to life, and hands from within the walls would try to grab you and such. Also, LT members could be seen being absorbed by the walls. I think the house on Ash Tree Lane would make a very interesting house, but not necessarily a very good one.

and this tragic photograph would have to be in the house somewhere.

wanting_a_meal.jpg

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well like someone was saying with Cindy, he never really got his spotlight, but was just known by mostly the real fans. So just maybe he will be in the run

It's REALLY doubtful that Eddie is ever going to show up again. While they may use the concept of a chainsaw maniac or a horror buff for a future year, actually seeing Eddie Schmidt/Sawyer is a very slim chance; along with the whole "new era" thing, Eddie's gotten quite a bit of attention for an icon who "never got his chance"; he's appeared in houses, including having one that was meant to be a pseudo-icon house for him in 2006, and had an extremely prominent appearance in 2010 alongside other icons. He's gotten almost as much use as the Director and actually has more or as many appearances as the Storyteller, I believe.

For an icon who "never got the spotlight", he sure got around.

It's REALLY doubtful that Eddie is ever going to show up again. While they may use the concept of a chainsaw maniac or a horror buff for a future year, actually seeing Eddie Schmidt/Sawyer is a very slim chance; along with the whole "new era" thing, Eddie's gotten quite a bit of attention for an icon who "never got his chance"; he's appeared in houses, including having one that was meant to be a pseudo-icon house for him in 2006, and had an extremely prominent appearance in 2010 alongside other icons. He's gotten almost as much use as the Director and actually has more or as many appearances as the Storyteller, I believe.

For an icon who "never got the spotlight", he sure got around.

Yeah, that's why I put it in wishful instead of the Spec tread, cause my thought process was as yours is. Just wanted to share with you guys what I had heard

I just got done watching 'The Decent' for the third time and, I must say, this movie would be absolutely spectacular as a house. They could set the story up a few different ways--"you" are leading an expedition into the undiscovered cave system to uncover what keeps happening to those that descend into it and bring it to the public eye. The costumes/makeup would probably be the hardest part, however I've seen much crazier...and I know Universal would be able to pull it off (with the help of a lot of scare actors, that is). Claustrophobia could be a primary focus, what with the cave and all. The creatures in this movie scare the sh*t outta me, and the thought of them being brought to "life" would be amazing. Anyone with me on this one?

Edited by Sliced

I just got done watching 'The Decent' for the third time and, I must say, this movie would be absolutely spectacular as a house. They could set the story up a few different ways--"you" are leading an expedition into the undiscovered cave system to uncover what keeps happening to those that descend into it and bring it to the public eye. The costumes/makeup would probably be the hardest part, however I've seen much crazier...and I know Universal would be able to pull it off (with the help of a lot of scare actors, that is). Claustrophobia could be a primary focus, what with the cave and all. The creatures in this movie scare the sh*t outta me, and the thought of them being brought to "life" would be amazing. Anyone with me on this one?

I love the idea of claustrophobia in a house, and even though I've heard they were a capacity nightmare, I'd love for them to bring the inflatable walls back. But unfortunately it's hard to do small spaces because the houses need to be wheelchair accessible. This still could be compensated for by hanging extra stuff in your face (which they already do).

The descent was a great movie too. Lots of jump scares that you don't get in too many movies anymore.

Edited by Jumboshrmp

There was a small portion of the Creatures! house in '08 that involved a hotel, I'm not sure if it's been done before, but a demented hotel maze would be kind of cool! Like, you know you can check out but you can never leave. They could even play Hotel California in the queue line. Over and over.

Also, why are they called mazes? They hardly feel like mazes. They feel like, "Oh hey, follow the path given and get scared in the process." But I love them none-the-less. And I suspect it would be terribly difficult to make them actually more maze-like.

Also, why are they called mazes? They hardly feel like mazes. They feel like, "Oh hey, follow the path given and get scared in the process." But I love them none-the-less. And I suspect it would be terribly difficult to make them actually more maze-like.

You are supposed to feel "trapped" like if you were in a maze. As if you can't find your way out. At least that is how they are designed to make you feel. Yes they are linear and you can't really get lost, but I guess that's why HHN calls them houses and doesn't really use the word maze.

I agree with Droog, however I'd also like some more interactive elements in the houses. For example, I was thinking for a 'Descent' "house" maybe give each person a flashlight or something along those lines...although that could create various problems (like stupid people stealing rather than turning it in at the end).

And yeah, the idea of a demented hotel (I'd like one similar to '1408') is appealing to me as well. The atmosphere of most hotel's freak me out already thanks to 'Vacancy'. I always get the feeling that someone's watching me. ;p

Edited by Sliced

Well there is no budget to give everyone one so around 5 people had to follow the lead person with the helmet. Which 9 times out of 10 was some drunk person/idiot who thought it was funny to turn around and blind everybody behind them.. or they took off and left you completely fumbling around in the dark. It made for a wonderful fumble in complete darkness/blindness.

On top of this, they had to clean the helmet everytime someone used it. this would cause the lines to back up.

Edited by JWFearman

Oh, that really sucks; although it sounds like a great plan in theory...I guess there'll always be idiots who enjoy ruining things like this for others. Maybe, if they decide to do something in total darkness (like in a cave, for example) they will just have 'ta find some other way to highlight the scare-actors.

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know why they serve alcohol at the event? I doubt the people attending are on some sort of extreme liquor-binge or anything like that. Meh, the point of it just goes right past my head...it seems like, by not allowing alcoholic beverages, that there might be a few less drunk d-bags running around.

This may be a stupid question, but does anyone know why they serve alcohol at the event? I doubt the people attending are on some sort of extreme liquor-binge or anything like that. Meh, the point of it just goes right past my head...it seems like, by not allowing alcoholic beverages, that there might be a few less drunk d-bags running around.

It's an adult event, and a lot of adults enjoy drinking alcohol. Not to mention Universal makes a ton of money off of it. Yes, some people don't know how to handle themselves at an event like this while under the influence, but that's what security is for, and why Universal is so strict about it.

Oh, that really sucks; although it sounds like a great plan in theory...I guess there'll always be idiots who enjoy ruining things like this for others. Maybe, if they decide to do something in total darkness (like in a cave, for example) they will just have 'ta find some other way to highlight the scare-actors.

Alcohol is a huge revenue stream for the Universal parks. Like it or not booze is a part of what makes the event such a financial success. D-bags will be D-bags regardless, restricting alcohol sales will not stop that. It may actually make things worse as people get absolutely hammered before hand or smuggle in their own liquor.

The fact that they serve alcohol own the problem, it's that some people don't know their limits when it comes to being in public places, like theme parks.

But I must admit, the themed drink for the year is pretty amazing. Fear in a glass was soooooo good. Another reason why I can't wait for this year's theme!

Yeah, you guys are probably right...although I still think they should just cut alcohol sales for Horror Nights…but I'm probably just bitter, apparently 16 years of age "isn't old enough" to drink a beer. Pssshh. {}___{}

Edited by Sliced

I honestly have never seen a single incident where a drunk person is causing trouble.... maybe I'm just lucky.... then again my wife and I are moving so fast to make sure we see everything twice a night we might not have noticed! But I agee that the light up glasses are pretty cool... I usually buy one just to keep the glass.... not much of a drinker at stuff like that...