HHN XXI Wishful Thinking

I would like to see the "Please Do Not Climb" signs more themed to the environment that they're in.

One example that sticks out in my mind were the signs in The Coven. (I've been searching in the construction thread to try to find a picturbe, but I can't find one.) Anyways, they were mostly blue with a basic bolded font. It seems like they could put a darker background, mabye distress it a bit, or even use of bit more themed font.

What do y'all? think?

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see the "Please Do Not Climb" signs more themed to the environment that they're in.

One example that sticks out in my mind were the signs in The Coven. (I've been searching in the construction thread to try to find a picturbe, but I can't find one.) Anyways, they were mostly blue with a basic bolded font. It seems like they could put a darker background, mabye distress it a bit, or even use of bit more themed font.

What do y'all? think?

people would think is part of the scarezone, I could totally see people either climbing whatever it was, or saying they didn't see it

I would love to see a New Legendary Truth house, but this time the focus is on the team searching for cryptic creatures. I have always wanted a house with Cryptozoological creatures.

Mothman, chupacabras, bigfoot, jersy devil, dover demon, goatman, Nessie, ect. It would make a perfect creature house.

I would love to see the Dogs out in the street, hell yea Havoc scarezone.

The plague doctors have to return. Catacombs was probably my favorite house.

Esqueleto Muerte just HAS TO HAS TO HAS TO RETURN in some shape or form.

I know most don't want movie based houses. But there has to be a new thing house. Hell the prequel is coming October 14, right smack dab in the middle of HHN. Universal would be crazy not to have one.

I would love to see a New Legendary Truth house

I would be very happy if they made another Legendary Truth house because I was very much into LT, I just couldn't attend the meetings cause I had no car to get there :( The LT house was very disappointing, there masks were poorly made and just looked way to fake, I think they would have done a better job if their faces were painted.... Other than that the house had great scenes and the set design was incredible. So if they do make a new LT, the need to have a great scenic house like this past year, have a diff story line to change things up, and make the scareactors look scarier. Yeah.

Actually a really good scarezone would suffice, not the photo opps types of late. They should have one type of show/photo opp to satisfy the

camera hounds, and get up close with the scarectors.

people will take pictures with everything and everybody. It makes no difference if the street is a "photo-op" or not. Pictures. All. The. Time.

people will take pictures with everything and everybody. It makes no difference if the street is a "photo-op" or not. Pictures. All. The. Time.

Yep. I'll take pictures whether it's a photo-op or a full-on scare zones (but not if the actors don't want me to of course).

Mike (Aiello) said that HHN XX was to try to find the new "Jack" or the next house franchise. Now obviously, EM/LT/H:DoW/C:BDR won't return all for 2011 (fans and GP will complain of it being to repedative of last year, and Uni doesn't want to gain that reputation). But what A&D figured out was that Catacombs and Havoc were scary and succesful. So there is a good chance we will see the Peckers or the Dogs this year, but in a very different environment. We might even get to see Murte (however you spell it), LT, or mabye even an icon that we have already seen (but meerly overlooked) in the future.

Edited by The Director of Horror

The LT house was very disappointing, there masks were poorly made and just looked way to fake, I think they would have done a better job if their faces were painted.... Other than that the house had great scenes and the set design was incredible.

We were supposed to have the UV makeup that the EM street got. They ran out of the UV paint so it was only given to the street. That is why a lot of the e-prompts had blue lights that would have lit us up to glow. I am proud to say that we did our best to work with what we were given!

Edited by Tman875

No offnse to you guys who keep saying you want all these things to return... I don't want a carbon copy of last year. It was great but why would they want to fall into the same rut of rehasing stuff? I don't remember a time when BC showed up every year or any other character (aside from Jack of course)...

I have faith that they will continue with original and creative ideas and possibly bring back the things of last year for 2012... Or, if they do choose to use a character... say like Cindy as an icon (which would make logical sense) that they would put that character in a new and reimagined environment.. much like the did from 2005 - 2008 with the BC.

I would love to see a New Legendary Truth house, but this time the focus is on the team searching for cryptic creatures. I have always wanted a house with Cryptozoological creatures.Mothman, chupacabras, bigfoot, jersy devil, dover demon, goatman, Nessie, ect. It would make a perfect creature house.I would love to see the Dogs out in the street, hell yea Havoc scarezone.The plague doctors have to return. Catacombs was probably my favorite house.Esqueleto Muerte just HAS TO HAS TO HAS TO RETURN in some shape or form.I know most don't want movie based houses. But there has to be a new thing house. Hell the prequel is coming October 14, right smack dab in the middle of HHN. Universal would be crazy not to have one.

Urban Legends and Cryptozoology would be a very welcome way in which the Legendary Truth franchise could continue this year without rehashing the "haunted house" theme of the Wyandott Estate. After all they started out by researching the legend of Bloody Mary. I would greatly enjoy seeing such strange creatures haunt HHN especially the Jersey Devil, Chupacabras and even the Bunnyman... who is far more terrifying than his name suggests.

A&D did stress last year that they were moving away from movie tie-ins which they felt were more appropriate for HHN in Hollywood, rather than in Orlando. IF they change their minds and go with movie tie-ins, The Thing does seem to be the logical choice. But even if they don't include any direct movie tie-ins we may see some houses and zones with an alien theme. This would indirectly connect the event to the majority of Universal's horror related films this year which include not only The Thing in October, but also Paul in March and Cowboys and Aliens in July.

The remaining Universal line-up in horror this year include a number of films in development or pre-production that although currently have a tentative 2011 release date may not appear this year (or at all). These include Goners, a horror action adventure, Werewolves of Reseda, a horror comedy and most highly anticipated (by myself, at least) Tortured Souls: Animae Damnatae, based on Clive Barker's toy line for Todd McFarlane. This last would be truly awesome if adapted at HHN.

Finally there is also the much troubled Child's Play remake originally scheduled for this July. The production is currently in limbo and might not get made at all. Which may actually be a good thing.

I would be very happy if they made another Legendary Truth house because I was very much into LT, I just couldn't attend the meetings cause I had no car to get there :( The LT house was very disappointing, there masks were poorly made and just looked way to fake, I think they would have done a better job if their faces were painted.... Other than that the house had great scenes and the set design was incredible. So if they do make a new LT, the need to have a great scenic house like this past year, have a diff story line to change things up, and make the scareactors look scarier. Yeah.

My theory about last year's Legendary Truth house was that as the house was largely inspired by Richard Matheson's Hell House and the film based upon it, The Legend of Hell House, that like in the original source there was actually only one evil entity in the house - the spirit of the debauched millionaire Malcolm Wyandott. Thus all the ghosts had the same face.

Urban Legends and Cryptozoology would be a very welcome way in which the Legendary Truth franchise could continue this year without rehashing the "haunted house" theme of the Wyandott Estate. After all they started out by researching the legend of Bloody Mary. I would greatly enjoy seeing such strange creatures haunt HHN especially the Jersey Devil, Chupacabras and even the Bunnyman... who is far more terrifying than his name suggests.

That's cool kind of like Legendary truth : Unnatural History. I like the Cryptozoology/Urban legend vein (can't forget the dover demon, Spring Heeled Jack, la bruja, skunk ape, the yowie, the Kappa, Abo Ragl Ma Slokha, Yara-ma-yha-who, Namahage, Cuco, Black Anis, The Beast of Gévaudan, Maryland's Goatman, mothman, wendigo, etc)

I think they could make a LT house every year and it could be as original as any other house.

Edited by JWFearman

The problem it doesn't really matter that the actors knew the differences, this event is about the guest experience and if they see the same mask they are going to say it was the same. Look at it this way, all of us inside HAVOC had barcodes on our heads, and I count the amount of people on my fingers that said something in the house. And still very little who realized it that I talked to after.

It's about what the viewer sees and quite frankly some people loved the barcode thing too but not too many people saw it so they didn't get to have that thrill.

The problem it doesn't really matter that the actors knew the differences, this event is about the guest experience and if they see the same mask they are going to say it was the same. Look at it this way, all of us inside HAVOC had barcodes on our heads, and I count the amount of people on my fingers that said something in the house. And still very little who realized it that I talked to after.

It's about what the viewer sees and quite frankly some people loved the barcode thing too but not too many people saw it so they didn't get to have that thrill.

i did ask one young lady if I could scan her head, but then I notice things.

The one thing I would like to see is more scareactors. 'the reason why I found HHN20 such a let down was because everything seemed empty. When I went thought catacombs, there was, no lie, 5 people that I saw. Maybe I was just unfortunate to get most of the houses during an actor change, but 1/2 the houses were empty when I walked in. The streets seemed empty too. Especially zombie GRAS and the coven. I think that more actors would be a huge improvement, and I can only hope that this is possible.

We were supposed to have the UV makeup that the EM street got. They ran out of the UV paint so it was only given to the street. That is why a lot of the e-prompts had blue lights that would have lit us up to glow. I am proud to say that we did our best to work with what we were given!

Are you Serious???? for real??

ran out of paint? wtf?

well if that was the case then what a shame, It would have been amazing to have seen you with the faces painted, im sorry to say but this is a little bit of a uni fail, Not the actors, but, well I dont know, just sounds weird

If that would have happened, Legendary Truth would have easily been one of my favorite houses!

XXI/XXII/XIII/ect. perhaps.............?

Are you Serious???? for real??

ran out of paint? wtf?

well if that was the case then what a shame, It would have been amazing to have seen you with the faces painted, im sorry to say but this is a little bit of a uni fail, Not the actors, but, well I dont know, just sounds weird

Yeah, they should have taken a survey to see how people's reactions were towards the masks... Then they could have ordered more paint. That would have made the house do a complete 180 with effectiveness.

Yeah, they should have taken a survey to see how people's reactions were towards the masks... Then they could have ordered more paint. That would have made the house do a complete 180 with effectiveness.

It's not so much a matter of just "ordering more paint", it's a matter of having the necessary funds to do so, whether or not it is worth the extra time (having to do make up for another forty or so people in a timely manner) and labor (employing a half dozen or so extra makeup artists = a lot of money over the span of a month.) Additionally, the survey people are there at the exit to take your opinions, so if you have problems with a concept voice them. I personally think the house did just fine with the masks and I don't think UV makeup would have been as effective.

I kept trying to mention the floating girl last year but no one said anything,

I was really really surprised that the floating girl was used for the orphanage and not the Legendary Truth, I Loved that effect, she really looked like a ghost, (Well except during the day when you could see how she was being held, but at night it really looked like a ghost, the first time i saw it, i was impressed, it was one of the highlights of last year,

that floating girl effect is what i was hoping to see in Legendary truth, legendary truth was cool but very disappointed when it came to stuff like this

Seriously? How did I miss the floating girl?? Dang.

It's not so much a matter of just "ordering more paint", it's a matter of having the necessary funds to do so, whether or not it is worth the extra time (having to do make up for another forty or so people in a timely manner) and labor (employing a half dozen or so extra makeup artists = a lot of money over the span of a month.) Additionally, the survey people are there at the exit to take your opinions, so if you have problems with a concept voice them. I personally think the house did just fine with the masks and I don't think UV makeup would have been as effective.

IT would have made a huge difference though, Look how amazing the actors in Esqueleto Muerte looked, they looked amazing, also, It would have made it seemed like the house and the Scarezone belonged in the same universe( if that makes any sense) They would have been nicely connected, ghosts of a parade, with ghosts of a house,

also, the house wouldn't be as bad as it was, I liked the house, I liked it more than PS, and more than Zombiegeddon, But the masks were just not great, I remember some people were even laughing, now that I know they were supposed to be painted, I think it would have actually been scarier, I mean, I try to imagine the actors coming from their holes with their faces glowing and that would have been really scary, specially their eyes, too bad,

Seriously? How did I miss the floating girl?? Dang.

lol, wait, are you being sarcastic, I can't tell :P

Okay, I'm biting just for Fearman. :lol: He wanted brainstorming, so here.

What I would like to see (my wishful thinking) is a logical continuation of the Fear/deity story-line. By that, I want what always happens when a deity appears to happen in 2011: a religion/cult that worships Adaru. They are attempting to bring Adaru back to from the ether, and they believe that they must invoke as much fear as possible to entice him back. It allows a zone similar to the Caretaker's Port of Evil from 2002, with torture devices, and the integration of a "Sacrifice" similar to Terra Cruentes. The signature house would be an abandonned, derelict church that has been taken over by the Cult of Fear which, because of the effectiveness of the Cult's actions, actually opens a portal to Adaru's dimension (call it "Unholy").

The "nice" thing with utilizing this story is that Legendary Truth already seems to be flirting with it. The promotion of Gabriel, and the generally "suspicious" nature of LT with the initial unleashing of Fear would make it very easy for LT to be the point of origin for this cult.

It gives us everything we need. A continuation of Fear, a signature location for Fear, the ability to continue HHN Canon, LT, and a point of controversy for the "negative" publicity.