How BAD of a lineup would it take for you to skip HHN 30?

It's really dead around here...

My boredom got me thinking: what would it take for you to SKIP HHN 30?  I mean, what lineup could they present that did everything so wrong that you would opt out?

Here's my line-up of mashups that should never happen and things that are better left unseen:

Houses:

Caretaker Presents: Fear the Walking Dead     Experience "Generation Z" as it began.  But watch out for the icon that is always ready to make your end come sooner.

WWE Presents: The Fiend's Awesome Funhouse     Take a journey as The Miz into the twisted mind of The Fiend.  You came to play, and HE is ready...

Freddy vs Usher     No matter how bad the movie is, never EVER fall asleep in the theater!

Purge the Walking Dead     In the Walking Dead universe, every day is Purge Day!  Come celebrate these two epic universes in our universe - Universal's HHN!

Take a Chance On Me      Gimme, gimme, gimme an S.O.S!  Your favorite Slashing Queen is back! Sing along as Chance slaughters to your favorite Abba hits!

Candyman vs Bloody Mary     This house of mirrors is twice the fun....for them.

Universal Monsters Invisible Man    You'll never see him coming!

Ash vs Mia vs Evil Dead    A groovy "He-dead"/"She-dead" battle for the ages!  If the Deadites have any say, we're gonna need a bigger Boom Stick.

Hellection '20: Choose Your Fate    Vote with your feet!  A choose your path house that marries politics with horror!  Don't get caught with your chad dangling!

XXX: Do-Over (anniversary house)   We've given these "not so good" icon houses from the past a makeover.  Will they earn a "slash right" or get another "slash left"?

The Director Presents: Freddy vs Jason vs Leatherface vs Jigsaw vs Alien vs Predator vs Bagul vs Chucky vs Mary Shaw vs Killer Klowns vs La Llrona    Mic. Drop.

Scarezones:

This is Your Waterloo   You managed to escape Chance, but these Abba hits will be forever seared in your head.  The winner takes it all...and it won't be you.

What Brings you to HHN?   The vacation planners have escaped their kiosks and are roaming the park with free meal tickets.  They only want five minutes...of your life.  

Nightmaze II   Because once wasn't enough

Z Nation   From the producers of Sharknado, direct to the streets of New York.

A Quiet Place   Don't make a sound! The first-ever silent scarezone!  (Amp Up The Fear!  $5 upcharge for the blindfolded Bird Box Experience!)

Don't Go! (park-wide)   No restroom is safe after the toxic spill last month, but our demented gas-masked crew is on it!  Hold it (if you can) because it's about to hit the fan.

Shows:

Jack Presents: Jabbawockeez   (replacing AoV).  Jack may not say much from behind the white Jabbawockeez mask, but his fiery orange hair will speak for itself!

The Fastest and the Furriest    (lagoon show).  Join in the celebration as we scare up the most intense moments from the Universal blockbusters Hobbs & Shaw and Cats!

Kill Bill and Ted   They said it would never happen!  Killer LIVE recreations of gory fight scenes from Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2, hosted by everyone's favorite stuffed bear, Ted!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lol. I don't know, I almost want to attend this shit show of an HHN. 

I really don't think there's anything they can do for me to not attend. It wouldn't be content wise, at least. It would be more about changes made due to the people who come to the event and if they want to make even more money than they already do. 

If they banned alcohol all together, which I doubt they ever would, because people don't know how to hold their liquor and all of the past issues and incidents they've had because of it, it would take away so much from the event. That's a big reason I go.

If they got rid of multi night passes that would be a huge one. My wife performed for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party this year and they only sell single night passes. It cost me at the least $110 a night to go, and the prices varied on the day. I only went twice to see her due to the pricing. Imagine having to pay over a hundred bucks a night to go to HHN only once, not including express?  

I don't see either of the two instances above ever happening, but that would be my biggies for not attending. Even still, I would just pre-game and go less because of the price of admission. I would still definitely attend, it would just be less so. 

Edited by MGregorio594

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 6:57 PM, zombieman said:

It's really dead around here...

My boredom got me thinking: what would it take for you to SKIP HHN 30?  I mean, what lineup could they present that did everything so wrong that you would opt out?

Here's my line-up of mashups that should never happen and things that are better left unseen:

Houses:

Caretaker Presents: Fear the Walking Dead     Experience "Generation Z" as it began.  But watch out for the icon that is always ready to make your end come sooner.

WWE Presents: The Fiend's Awesome Funhouse     Take a journey as The Miz into the twisted mind of The Fiend.  You came to play, and HE is ready...

Freddy vs Usher     No matter how bad the movie is, never EVER fall asleep in the theater!

Purge the Walking Dead     In the Walking Dead universe, every day is Purge Day!  Come celebrate these two epic universes in our universe - Universal's HHN!

Take a Chance On Me      Gimme, gimme, gimme an S.O.S!  Your favorite Slashing Queen is back! Sing along as Chance slaughters to your favorite Abba hits!

Candyman vs Bloody Mary     This house of mirrors is twice the fun....for them.

Universal Monsters Invisible Man    You'll never see him coming!

Ash vs Mia vs Evil Dead    A groovy "He-dead"/"She-dead" battle for the ages!  If the Deadites have any say, we're gonna need a bigger Boom Stick.

Hellection '20: Choose Your Fate    Vote with your feet!  A choose your path house that marries politics with horror!  Don't get caught with your chad dangling!

XXX: Do-Over (anniversary house)   We've given these "not so good" icon houses from the past a makeover.  Will they earn a "slash right" or get another "slash left"?

The Director Presents: Freddy vs Jason vs Leatherface vs Jigsaw vs Alien vs Predator vs Bagul vs Chucky vs Mary Shaw vs Killer Klowns vs La Llrona    Mic. Drop.

Scarezones:

This is Your Waterloo   You managed to escape Chance, but these Abba hits will be forever seared in your head.  The winner takes it all...and it won't be you.

What Brings you to HHN?   The vacation planners have escaped their kiosks and are roaming the park with free meal tickets.  They only want five minutes...of your life.  

Nightmaze II   Because once wasn't enough

Z Nation   From the producers of Sharknado, direct to the streets of New York.

A Quiet Place   Don't make a sound! The first-ever silent scarezone!  (Amp Up The Fear!  $5 upcharge for the blindfolded Bird Box Experience!)

Don't Go! (park-wide)   No restroom is safe after the toxic spill last month, but our demented gas-masked crew is on it!  Hold it (if you can) because it's about to hit the fan.

Shows:

Jack Presents: Jabbawockeez   (replacing AoV).  Jack may not say much from behind the white Jabbawockeez mask, but his fiery orange hair will speak for itself!The Fastest and the Furriest    (lagoon show).  Join in the celebration as we scare up the most intense moments from the Universal blockbusters Hobbs & Shaw and Cats!

Kill Bill and Ted   They said it would never happen!  Killer LIVE recreations of gory fight scenes from Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2, hosted by everyone's favorite stuffed bear, Ted!

Don't threaten me with a good time. I would pay top dollar to attend all of this. In fact, I wouldn't even buy a Frequent Fear pass; I would demand that they take my money each individual night to see this cluster.

Edited by Ringwraith
The English language can sometimes be a challenging one
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Updated list:

Houses

-Stranger Things

-Ghostbusters: Afterlife

-5 other IPs, none of them scary

-Anniversary house that just retreads Monsters and Mayhem/throws in a whole bunch of past originals, some of which would be much better served with sequels instead

-Lunatic’s Playground 4-D: You Still Won’t Stand A Chance (see what I did there?)

-Scarecrow: The Repeat (again, see what I did there?)

-Some comedy original

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think I’ll be skipping any year for a long time time. But with that being said, what would have me skip 30? 
The event would have to be super generic. Not even mention that it’s the 30th. Have no original houses. And all the houses they did use would have to be some dumb borderline horror movies that all the dumbass Facebook lol omg fans begged to see. You know, the fans that see a horror movie and run to the HHN Facebook page and post “ Omg I just saw (insert horror movie) and it should totally be a house this year lol.” Even then, I might have to go just once to see it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

I don’t think I’ll be skipping any year for a long time time. But with that being said, what would have me skip 30? 
The event would have to be super generic. Not even mention that it’s the 30th. Have no original houses. And all the houses they did use would have to be some dumb borderline horror movies that all the dumbass Facebook lol omg fans begged to see. You know, the fans that see a horror movie and run to the HHN Facebook page and post “ Omg I just saw (insert horror movie) and it should totally be a house this year lol.” Even then, I might have to go just once to see it. 

ESPECIALLY if they increase the house count I don't see all IPs happening LOL. But yeah something like this would do the trick.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the higher ups are playing an unfair game right now, if they up the house numbers to 11, I'm sure it will be split a bit even before originals and ips but in someway, if there's an original that's not cutting slack, I wouldn't doubt it being put on the chopping block and given the ip replacement treatment, A&D are not making the houses for our acceptances like before, they are doing it for the higher ups, I mean in some ways they do it for the diehards but other times it's ehhh, I don't see this year being all ip but like what happened last year, anything is possible and anything can happen, nothing's official until they say it first. This year I've said has a lot of writing on it, a lot of people want Jack, others want the promising of the Terra Queen after 15, and of course others coming to the event for just the ips or just because HHN is the big shindig you know, so I'm sure this year should be interesting especially since it's the anniversary and big one at that.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed