HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

I love how all day nobody has speculated. lol

To get this thread back where it should, I saw Jeepers Creepers 2 this afternoon (Still have about half an hour left to finish it, but I'll probably watch it after I get home later this evening). Not really any more environments they can work with from the first film....except maybe the cornfield; even that would be better suited for the Terror Tram. Unless the third film comes out in time for next year's event, assuming, of course, it had more environments to work with, then I guess the maze will just stick with the Creeper's hideout, the body cave, the cat lady's house if they do it right, and the jail.

This is how I would do it:

Body cave as opening scene

Cat Lady's House

Diner

Jail

Ext of Broken down bus (skipping to part 2 for a bit)

Int of Broken down bus

Long Cornfield sequence

Creeper's lair for the finale with all of his victims; dead people, skinned alive - still alive people, hanging skins, creepy Jeepers Creepers song

I would also locate this in the Shrek venue. I think it's best suited for that.

Edited by DTH316

This is how I would do it:

Body cave as opening scene

Cat Lady's House

Diner

Jail

Ext of Broken down bus (skipping to part 2 for a bit)

Int of Broken down bus

Long Cornfield sequence

Creeper's lair for the finale with all of his victims; dead people, skinned alive - still alive people, hanging skins, creepy Jeepers Creepers song

I would also locate this in the Shrek venue. I think it's best suited for that.

The diner? really? Last I recall, I don't think anything happened in there. Also, what would the facade be? The old, worn-out church next to the cave?

Nothing does happen in the diner other than their car getting broken into but it'd be a good location to create some original material since a diner setting wasn't utilized for NOES this year.

And actually, that would be an awesome facade with all the crows bawking down at the guests as they walk in. It'd be very creepy.

Nothing does happen in the diner other than their car getting broken into but it'd be a good location to create some original material since a diner setting wasn't utilized for NOES this year.

And actually, that would be an awesome facade with all the crows bawking down at the guests as they walk in. It'd be very creepy.

I'm just saying that Murdy style, I guess, would to make you feel as if you are smack-dab in the movie rather than creating original environments for the maze. I like the idea of having all of the Creeper's victims while walking through there. The only thing is, one know-it-all is going to walk through the diner and if the Creeper pops out from behind the juke box, he's going to say, "Foul! He wasn't in the diner in the movie!" Just my two cents.

C'mon, Murdy has taken MUCHO liberties to do original stuff in the mazes ESPECIALLY this year. I can give you tons of examples, with the leader of them all being F13 this year:

F13:

Every kill, other than the first 2 at the camp, were not in the movie.

Mother's head shrine was inside the wall, not laid out on a table

There are no troll/ghouls in Jason's underground lair

At no point does Jason pop out of a window that's like a door (boo-hole scares count as not staying in continuity with films)

Halloween:

Dead boyfriend in the kitchen (lives in the original)

An asylum sequence (these things were clearly inspired by the remake when the maze was clearly a work up of the original)

Halloween 3 trick or treaters room

Body room in the closet

He just takes the environments and does what he wants with em while being inspired by the film. And I think a diner sequence would be awesome at HHN!

Hey all!

I've been out of town but now I'm back. Nice to see people are still talking HHN well into November :)

A couple things I wanted to chime in with:

-The garage door victim (Tatum) in the Scream section of HHNO Sweet 16 was NOT alive. It was a dummy.

-I love the idea of doing a Scream maze that includes the trilogy. Or at least the first 2. Part 3 is pretty horrible.

-Jeepers Creepers maze has TONS of potential. But the 3rd movie isn't even in production yet. The director has written the script and is shopping it around town but hasn't been able to secure financing. It's definitely in a wait-and-see stage right now.

-Halloween is one of my all-time favorite movies but I really have no interest in seeing Michael Myers again. Sorry...those RZ movies are terrible and it would just be another way to repeat while still claiming it's "all new".

-I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet but... what about a Psycho maze?!?!? They have done two of them in Orlando and they've been pretty freaking awesome. Here's what I remember of the maze in 06: you enter in the hotel, through the office and the parlor, behind the walls of the rooms where you can see guests in their rooms through peepholes, into the rooms, through a closet of Mother's dresses, a vortex of eyeballs, and finally through a room of bloody shower curtains. Psycho is an immortal property that everyone knows and loves. Plus- with the 50th anniversary and the Blu-Ray, it's a great time for it. The only negative I could see is Murdy thinking it's not "hip enough". But he obviously loves Psycho too. I just love the idea of putting some classic Universal in with the current horror fads (Saw).

Edited by Creeper06

-The garage door victim (Tatum) in the Scream section of HHNO Sweet 16 was NOT alive. It was a dummy.

It wasn't? Really? Looking at that video, I thought for sure it was a live actor. Huh. Guess HHN creative did their job. :)

-Jeepers Creepers maze has TONS of potential. But the 3rd movie isn't even in production yet. The director has written the script and is shopping it around town but hasn't been able to secure financing. It's definitely in a wait-and-see stage right now.

-Halloween is one of my all-time favorite movies but I really have no interest in seeing Michael Myers again. Sorry...those RZ movies are terrible and it would just be another way to repeat while still claiming it's "all new".

When is JC 3 set to come out anyway? I think Murdy should just screw it and just do a maze off of it. Who knows how long it'll take before it finally goes into production, much less released. It's already current enough to where people are familiar with it and want it; not to mention it's going on the survey for next yar's event.

While I do agree that I don't want to see Mr. Myers again since he's already been done, Murdy said somewhere that he doesn't want to do it based off of RZ's version (Because of the horrible reviews, I guess.) Unfortunately, there's that reboot in 3D next year so unless it bombs, I think we'll see a maze based off of it. :angry: I want something new doggonit!

-I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet but... what about a Psycho maze?!?!? They have done two of them in Orlando and they've been pretty freaking awesome. Here's what I remember of the maze in 06: you enter in the hotel, through the office and the parlor, behind the walls of the rooms where you can see guests in their rooms through peepholes, into the rooms, through a closet of Mother's dresses, a vortex of eyeballs, and finally through a room of bloody shower curtains. Psycho is an immortal property that everyone knows and loves. Plus- with the 50th anniversary and the Blu-Ray, it's a great time for it. The only negative I could see is Murdy thinking it's not "hip enough". But he obviously loves Psycho too. I just love the idea of putting some classic Universal in with the current horror fads (Saw).

Eh, they already kinda blew their opportunity since this year was the fiftieth anniversary. They decided to blow it on Freddy, Jason, and Jigsaw returning. <_< Although I do think a Psycho maze would be awesome!

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I just saw Scream 3. Ghostface has to be the main icon of the event so that he can take over the backlot while they're supposedly filming Stab 4. It would just be too darn perfect since I could've sworn I've recognized that as the Universal backlot in the film. That had to be it since, in the costume room scene, I saw a prop dead body with a Universal Studios Hollywood shirt on 28 minutes into the movie! LOL. Also, as for the maze, they could use the costume room and the mansion with the basement for sure!

Edited by Freakazoid

Scream 3 wasn't filmed on the Universal backlot BUT you see now where we've all been getting the idea that Ghostface has to be the main icon for the Terror Tram now? It would be perfect. I think my maze idea for the trilogy would be an awesome maze.

and I don't remember anywhere Murdy saying he wouldn't do RZ's Halloween films.

I hate the films but the Michael Myers was pretty damn viscous and different enough that I think it could warrant a new maze much like the Friday the 13th reboot.

Edited by DTH316

Scream 3 wasn't filmed on the Universal backlot BUT you see now where we've all been getting the idea that Ghostface has to be the main icon for the Terror Tram now? It would be perfect. I think my maze idea for the trilogy would be an awesome maze..

Before I saw the third installment, I thought, "Eh, I guess he would make a good icon. It wouldn't break my heart if he wasn't though. May as well do it." After seeing the third film, now it's this: "Oh man! Ghostafce has to be the main icon and take over the Terror Tram next year! It's too darn perfect!" Btw, if Scream 3 wasn't filmed on the Universal backlot, then how would you explain that fake body in the costume room scene with the USH shirt on him? :huh:

Anyway, I see the whole Terror Tram spiel going like this:

Guide: (When everybody boards) Hi everybody! Having a good time at HHN? Well tonight we have a special treat for you all! They're filming the fourth installment of the "Stab" franchise right here on the Universal backlot, and we're going to take you right there!

(On the way there, we would watch a video of "The Making of Stab", which shows various clips from the Scream films [As if they were shown from the Stab films] and interviews with Stab's producers.)

Guide: (After the video is done) Alright ladies and gentlemen, now we are coming upon the filming site for Stab 4. Get your cameras ready! Before we enter, I need to get the okay from security to proceed. (On the screen, we see the security guard lying across the hood of the security van, throat slit, blood on hood, with spilled donuts all over the place.) Oh dear! What happened?

Ghostface: (Takes over intercom): Hello tourists. You've payed so much for your love of scary movies; Admission to get in to this silly Halloween event, front-of-the-line passes, over-priced, crappy food; just how much are you all willing to pay for your fascination of horror films? Enough to cost you your life?

Guide: Who is this?

Ghostface: The question isn't who, the real question should be, "What you should do to live." When the tram pulls up to where the sets are, I want you to let these stupid tourists off the tram. I have a few surprises for them.

Guide: What happens if I don't?

Ghostface: I'll make sure there will be one less tram going back to the theme park! You all saw the first movie, so you should know the rules of survival....if not, too bad for you! I'll see you all real soon!

I'd like to see Wolfman take over the Terror Tram. That'd be interesting.

"Explore these famous backlot sets but beware, a viscious certain wolf creature has been seen hiding in the shadows lately."

I imagine it like this:

Whoville - Dead Whos. A couple of Whos have been found in the city to have been attacked by a vicious animal. Could it possibly be the Grinch or something much more terrifying?

Bates Hotel - As usual, only mother realizes the body count is a bit different than she remembers and some of these wounds definitely don't look like kitchen knife marks.

The Trail - This would be the first Wolfman encounter with him popping out at a few select moments.

Gypsy Camp - Gypsy and entertainment folk warning of a Wolfman has escaped while they're being attacked.

Sheet Maze - Quarantine area for wolf bitten-still alive victims

Psycho house - We expect an attack from Norman but the Wolfman strikes instead!

War of the Worlds - All hell has broken loose. Pure fucking mayhem. Everyone on the street has been ravaged by Wolfmen all around. Dead bodies littered and hanging everywhere, brutally murdered. Flames, geysers of blood and wolfmen chewing on their latest victims - AND YOU'RE NEXT.

It'd be uber cheesy but I think it could be done one year for the anniversary of the original or something.

Or what about a classic themed Terror Tram? I mean, we can't get a maze off of it but I think the Terror Tram is appropriate if anything else. Which monsters would go where? I need some time to think about this... Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, The Mummy, Hunchback, Phantom, Creature from Black Lagoon & Mr. Hyde (& Invisible Man in his wrapped state)

Whoville - Hunchback on display and tortured then escapes

Bates Motel - Mother

Trail - Wolfman

Empty Space - Frankenstein & the drowned little girl

Sheet Maze - Dracula

Psycho House - Norman Bates

War of the Worlds - The Mummy has brought his curse to a small town

That's the best I can do lmao

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

this made me happy(:

@HorrorNights Hey John is there a possibility of there being a 6th maze in 2011?

@JWess818 I would think thats a strong possibility

(:

I would really be happy if he said that no repeats was a big possibility next year. Just reading all of the crap on the FB page just frustrates me to the point to where I'm almost not wanting to check it anymore.