HHN Hollywood X Wishful Thinking

Note: Listen to this song while you are reading this. Trust me, it will enhance the emotional effect of this post. ;)

Well ladies and gentlemen, Halloween night has come and pretty much gone. As I am posting this, Halloween Horror Nights and the haunt season itself is screaming its last. In just a few hours, the fog will roll away, the dark and gruesome macabre shall end, and the ravaging psychopaths lurk away back into their shadows of despair until next year. :(

Before you start crying in your Bob the Builder costume that you wore in your home-made haunted house or Halloween party or whatever the crap you used it for, the ending of Halloween and the haunt season actually opens up a new joy that we all have fun with year-round. Speculation! HHN may have ended, but that doesn't mean the HHN in us doesn't end! Heck, it's always fun during Christmas or Valentine's Day (Single's Awareness Day [s.A.D.] for me) to speculate and think about the horror and terror-ific fun that awaits us next October. So on that note, let us wave good-bye and bid farewell to Halloween Horror Nights 2010, and start looking onto the horizon for next year's event.

Live or die, make your choice! let the speculation and rumors begin!

Edited by Freakazoid

^^^ I would love to see a Jeepers Creepers maze, although the few times I tweeted Murdy about that, I don't think he replied. LOL so I guess that concerns me a bit.

Here's what we have on the table for speculation so far:

1) Sixth maze possibility. Murdy had been hinting at how much space the JP queue has. I actually thought this was where they would put the fifth maze and he said that's where he was originally going to put HoTC until King Kong came up. We all know that it's very likely King Kong Express will not return next year since this was more of a thing to fulfill popular demand since it's only been open for about three months since HHN opened. With those conclusions, I think a sixth maze is very likely to appear for 2011.

2) Scream and Hellraiser being used. I don't think I need to elaborate much on this. Fourth Scream installment opening next spring, second all-time grossing horror franchise ever (Saw being first), only major slasher film Universal hasn't used (Except maybe Hannibal but idk if I would even consider it a slasher.), and lots of requests on Twitter. Especially if the fourth film does well, I would be very surprised if they passed this up. As for Hellraiser, the remake appears next year. Do you think Pinhead could be the main icon for the event?

3) Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Halloween returning. This rumor is one that I really hope does not come true, but unfortunately, it could. Murdy has said he would love to return TCM based off of the original 70's masterpiece if he could. Not to mention the producer of the original TCM has come to the Eyegore awards so he probably discussed with him about that. The thing that gets me is that the remake for it (in 3D) comes out 2012, so I would assume he would want to "strike the iron while it''s hot" like he usually does. This could happen, but not until 2012, I would think.

Now for Halloween. I could see Michael Myers returning next year since there is a reboot (called, Halloween 3D) scheduled to come out next year. With the GP demanding to bring back Michael Myers (Why cant they understand all-new? <_<) and the reboot coming out to "strike the iron while it's hot", I consider this very likely, unfortunately.

4) Eli Roth having a maze for next year's event: During the Eyegore awards, Mr. Roth has expressed in his speech how much he would love to work with HHN for next year's event. Murdy has told him via Twitter that he would love for him to work with him and that he was interested in his upcoming movie (Funhouse 3D). With the success of House of 1,000 Corpses 3D this year, this could very well be the big 3D maze next year assuming it actually comes out next year (I didn't see any cast listed on IMDB so that worries me a bit). If it doesn't come out in time for next year's event, that could mean...

5) House of 1,000 Corpses in 3D returning. Good night, I hope not! As much as I loved the maze, I do not want it to come back. Despite Murdy saying on Twitter that he may not bring it back next year, I'm not going to assume to that. If Mr. Roth does not come out with Funhouse in time, he could think, "Hey, HoTC was successful last year, why not bring it back?" Let's just hope they don't do it.

6) Original maze outside of House of Horrors. We have been hearing hints from Murdy about an original maze appearing next year and that he would love to make a maze based off of Lnaticz or Freakz for 2011. That would be awesome if we finally got one after all of this time!

7) Terror Tram being extended. Just a wild guess. Remember last year when Murdy tweeted how much it was time to extend it and how it never happened because of P4 filming? They'll be finished filming there by then and we may get an extended TT by then, probably.

I could go on and on and on, but that's all I have right now.

The only probably with Scream being used is that the people who now own the rights to Scream are in cahoots with Disney. Sooooooo Idk if we'll be seeing Ghostface in either of the HHN parks next year D: Even though the new movie would bring in alot of eager park goers to live it out at HHN :P

My vote is for Trick R Treat. That movie has become so popular. HHN won't be able to pass it up! (I hope lol)

Ooh Raleigh, you are ON IT! :lol:

Speculation, speculation.. I'm already vouching for Scream at HHN like the rest of you. :zombie2:

Hm.. I'm also vouching for Trick 'r Treat. See, we already speculated about this movie pre-HHN 2010, but the movie has definitely grown in popularity and should be more known by the masses now. It hasn't gotten a theater release, but perhaps it's now popular enough to earn a spot at HHN.

The only probably with Scream being used is that the people who now own the rights to Scream are in cahoots with Disney. Sooooooo Idk if we'll be seeing Ghostface in either of the HHN parks next year D: Even though the new movie would bring in alot of eager park goers to live it out at HHN :P

My vote is for Trick R Treat. That movie has become so popular. HHN won't be able to pass it up! (I hope lol)

Really? In the trailer, it says it's by Dimension (Which has, to my understanding, been shut down, right?). I think I also heard somewhere that it's now owned by Westien Co. Also, the whole "Disney gig" really isn't an issue since Murdy said he spoke with the filmmakers. If they really were refusing to give him the rights, I don't think they would really seem interested in discussing.

Ooh Raleigh, you are ON IT! :lol:

Speculation, speculation.. I'm already vouching for Scream at HHN like the rest of you. :zombie2:

Hm.. I'm also vouching for Trick 'r Treat. See, we already speculated about this movie pre-HHN 2010, but the movie has definitely grown in popularity and should be more known by the masses now. It hasn't gotten a theater release, but perhaps it's now popular enough to earn a spot at HHN.

Unfortunately, Murdy said the movie has to have a theatrical release to really be able to become a part of HHN; however, not that it has been re-released in theaters for this past weekend, maybe Murdy might consider it next year. He did say that he would like to consider it if it has a larger fanbase (Which it does now) so who knows, maybe we will see it next year. I just wouldn't count on it though until the sequel is theatrically released, I guess.

Trick r Treat, to me, is still up in the air speculation-wise but I would love to see him take over the event. Scream, Hellraiser, and Trick r Treat would kick-butt line-up!

Edited by Freakazoid

Wow! Waste no time before speculation, huh buddy?

Well, I'll keep it short. We have PLENTY of time for speculation.

Here's what I'm hoping for:

TRULY ALL NEW MAZES! Not a new maze based on a character we've already seen a few times. But some mazes based on things we haven't seen at all yet. Here's hoping that the popularity of HOTC showed them that giving something completely new actually pays off! I also support Scream, Jeepers Creepers, and, I'm gonna say it... THE WOLFMAN.

ONE MORE MAZE! As mentioned, the JP queue is perfect and will bring more life to the lower lot. That's give a grand total of 5 1/2 mazes (with the HOH overlay). Let's see some growth here :)

AN ORIGINAL MAZE! I understand the desire to base mazes on popular movies and I'm cool with that. But let's mix it up a bit. We can easily have 4 movie-based mazes and one truly original creation. I think Freakz is a great idea!

Now, I'm going to go back to my post-Halloween depression and start looking forward to turkey and stuffing in a few weeks. :P

Wow! Waste no time before speculation, huh buddy?

It's never too soon to speculate...after October 31st, I mean. I'm just happy we have the freedom to speculate as early as we want to after HHN because back on the Vault, they wouldn't allow us to speculate until Febuary! I'm happy we have free rein here!

TRULY ALL NEW MAZES! Not a new maze based on a character we've already seen a few times. But some mazes based on things we haven't seen at all yet. Here's hoping that the popularity of HOTC showed them that giving something completely new actually pays off! I also support Scream, Jeepers Creepers, and, I'm gonna say it... THE WOLFMAN.

ONE MORE MAZE! As mentioned, the JP queue is perfect and will bring more life to the lower lot. That's give a grand total of 5 1/2 mazes (with the HOH overlay). Let's see some growth here :)

AN ORIGINAL MAZE! I understand the desire to base mazes on popular movies and I'm cool with that. But let's mix it up a bit. We can easily have 4 movie-based mazes and one truly original creation. I think Freakz is a great idea!

I hope we get all-new and not just new with returning movie icons. If Hollywood is going to give Orlando any reason to visit both events, it has to be some thing that's never been done before. Wolfman would be awesome, but I don't see it happening unfortunately. :(

Now, I'm going to go back to my post-Halloween depression and start looking forward to turkey and stuffing in a few weeks. :P

Look on the bright side. If you think about it, HHN 2011 is not too far away. Not to mention we should be getting info in about seven or eight months from now. We, of course have Thanksgiving, then Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, shamrock shakes at McD's come back, St. Patty's Day, Resurrection Sunday (or Easter), Scream 4 comes out, Star Tours 2.0 and Mermaid opening at Disneyland, Summer break begins, Independence Day, PR comes out for first maze, back to school, then HHN again! Yay!

Ha! Right... Well Thanksgiving and Christmas keep things fun through the New Year. But the dead zone of January through April? Blah!

As for the Trick 'R Treat speculation. I honestly didn't like the movie much. It is cool looking but it sure ain't scary. That said, I think it still make for a neat maze. There are a lot of environments and possible characters to take advantage of. And I wouldn't rule it out just because it wasn't a "big" movie. HOTC is very niche and we got a maze of that.

Edited by Creeper06

I actually wouldn't mind Michael meyers coming back

anyone still want a real childs play maze?

I love me some Michael Myers so, selfishly, I wouldn't be totally against it either. However, we'd probably end up with a maze based on Zombie's version and that sucks.

Some things I would like to throw out there...

Hellraiser won't be at HHN in 11. They are currently on another direct to video sequel but they did that specifically so they can get the rights back so they can work out a remake. But with the DTV sequel being released in 11, don't expect Hellraiser the remake to hit theaters until 2012, or even possibly 2013. So in my mind, Hellraiser is out of the running for 2011.

Dimension is owned by the Weinstein's now so Scream is up for fair grabs. Even if it were owned by Disney, it would be a subsidiary so it's not that big of a deal. Scream better come 2011.

Trick 'r Treat's fanbase is growing but it's still nowhere near large enough HOWEVER, after that interview with the director saying he'd love to do it, I have a feeling he could change Murdy's mind on the fanbase rule. Murdy already bent some of the rules for HOTC.

Eli Roth is all talk. I'll believe he's actually making a movie the day it finishes post-production. Him making Funhouse 3D is just as good as the chances of him making Thanksgiving or that Grindhouse Trailers movie he's been talking about for forever. I would definitely not expect that for 11 also considering that the movie won't be out in time for consideration unless Murdy gets a script of it. But even then, it has to have a guaranteed theatrical release before October. And even THEN THEN, it has to be popular with audiences. I'd expect Hostel or Cabin Fever possibly though.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre returning is possible, sure. But with the new 3D film coming out (Leatherface 3D), I have a feeling Murdy will just wait until that is released. And when that happens, nobody wants to see a maze on an old franchise. They wanna see it on the new film. Halloween was an exception since it was such a big franchise as where TCM, the original series, is only 4 movies and 2 of them suck anyway for anyone to even care enough. Leatherface 3D being Twisted Pictures new baby since Saw is done with, expect that possibly to hit Halloween. TCM returning in some way or another is possible. As for Halloween returning, I don't mind. That iron is hot constantly but Halloween 3D is in development hell right now so the film will be out 2012 at the earliest, if we're lucky but more possibly 2013. However, a maze on the original or RZ franchise I see as very possible. I love Halloween and Michael Myers, no complaints by me.

HOTC returning would be lame. I don't think I would even bother. That'd just be one less maze for me to go through so that saves me time so don't bother me none.

Original maze, bring it. Freakz would be awesome.

I actually wouldn't mind Michael meyers coming back

anyone still want a real childs play maze?

I'm actually kinda split on Michael. I wouldn't mind if he was the only and I repeat ONLY returning icon. Even though I didn't like Zombie's version that much (I watched on Spike TV a couple of nights ago at a friend's house. :D) I think it would make a legit maze. Walking through the mental hospital with the bloodied-up bodies of the guards and mental doctors, the bloody massacre at the Myers house, into some house passing a hanging teenage guy with a jack-o-lantern on his head at the entrance, then into the rusted Myers house...I think it would be pretty cool actually. With the remake scheduled to come out next Fall and Rob Zombie's pretty close relationship with Murdy, it would sound likely....yet again I would rather have all-new and returning horror icons.

As for Child's Play, I'm kinda "meh" on it. He's taken over HoH and then the Terror Tram. I'm burnt out on him. Again, I'd rather have no returning icons.

Some things I would like to throw out there...

Hellraiser won't be at HHN in 11. They are currently on another direct to video sequel but they did that specifically so they can get the rights back so they can work out a remake. But with the DTV sequel being released in 11, don't expect Hellraiser the remake to hit theaters until 2012, or even possibly 2013. So in my mind, Hellraiser is out of the running for 2011.

Dimension is owned by the Weinstein's now so Scream is up for fair grabs. Even if it were owned by Disney, it would be a subsidiary so it's not that big of a deal. Scream better come 2011.

Trick 'r Treat's fanbase is growing but it's still nowhere near large enough HOWEVER, after that interview with the director saying he'd love to do it, I have a feeling he could change Murdy's mind on the fanbase rule. Murdy already bent some of the rules for HOTC.

Eli Roth is all talk. I'll believe he's actually making a movie the day it finishes post-production. Him making Funhouse 3D is just as good as the chances of him making Thanksgiving or that Grindhouse Trailers movie he's been talking about for forever. I would definitely not expect that for 11 also considering that the movie won't be out in time for consideration unless Murdy gets a script of it. But even then, it has to have a guaranteed theatrical release before October. And even THEN THEN, it has to be popular with audiences. I'd expect Hostel or Cabin Fever possibly though.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre returning is possible, sure. But with the new 3D film coming out (Leatherface 3D), I have a feeling Murdy will just wait until that is released. And when that happens, nobody wants to see a maze on an old franchise. They wanna see it on the new film. Halloween was an exception since it was such a big franchise as where TCM, the original series, is only 4 movies and 2 of them suck anyway for anyone to even care enough. Leatherface 3D being Twisted Pictures new baby since Saw is done with, expect that possibly to hit Halloween. TCM returning in some way or another is possible. As for Halloween returning, I don't mind. That iron is hot constantly but Halloween 3D is in development hell right now so the film will be out 2012 at the earliest, if we're lucky but more possibly 2013. However, a maze on the original or RZ franchise I see as very possible. I love Halloween and Michael Myers, no complaints by me.

HOTC returning would be lame. I don't think I would even bother. That'd just be one less maze for me to go through so that saves me time so don't bother me none.

Original maze, bring it. Freakz would be awesome.

Awesome post. Well said, all around.

I think you might be right about a Hostel house. It has name recognition and I could see them easily repurposing some Saw props and sets for it.

Awesome post. Well said, all around.

I think you might be right about a Hostel house. It has name recognition and I could see them easily repurposing some Saw props and sets for it.

Hostel....ruh! As long as it doesn't feel too much like Saw...I don't mind. It would be better than TCM or Saw all over again.

Did I already mention The Thing?

I've dreamed of this movie being a maze for ages now. The 80s "The Thing" we know and love is horrifically grotesque and very interesting, but the problem it's not exactly new.

BUT the remake/prequel will be coming out next Spring! This is the perfect opportunity to use The Thing in HHN. My only fear is that the maze will be too costly. Let's be honest, The Thing on it's own looks very costly. The grotesque creatures formed from the alien were quite elaborate and wonderfully disgusting. I guess it's safe to assume this new prequel will use CGI, CGI, and more CGI (ugh) so I'm not sure how well the creations used in the movie will be transferred to maze format. The puppetry in The Thing was great! Perhaps these methods will be utilized at HHN? I hope so.

Buttera, yeah. The Thing maze for HHN 2011! Strike the iron while it's hot, Mr. Murdy!

Edited by Anu

Did I already mention The Thing?

I've dreamed of this movie being a maze for ages now. The 80s "The Thing" we know and love is horrifically grotesque and very interesting, but the problem it's not exactly new.

BUT the remake/prequel will be coming out next Spring! This is the perfect opportunity to use The Thing in HHN. My only fear is that the maze will be too costly. Let's the honest, The Thing on it's own looks very costly. The grotesque creatures formed from the alien were quite elaborate and wonderfully disgusting. I guess it's safe to assume this new prequel will use CGI, CGI, and more CGI (ugh) so I'm not sure how well the creations used in the movie will be transferred to maze format. The puppetry in The Thing was great! Perhaps these methods will be utilized at HHN? I hope so.

Buttera, yeah. The Thing maze for HHN 2011! Strike the iron while it's hot, Mr. Murdy!

The Thing is awesome! A true horror masterpiece. And I agree, this would be a perfect time with the prequel coming out. They actually did a Thing maze in Orlando in 2007 so it is definitely possible. I'm behind you, Anu :)

I'm having a hard time believing they could pull of such animatronics that'll look well enough for me to suspend my disbelief like that.

Also imagining how much it would cost not only to do one but a fleet.

And then to make sure people don't fuck with em after they're up.

How effective they will be for scares.

But this is Universal so I'd love to be proven wrong.

I highly doubt the Thing is going to be there for the reasons DTH mentioned. I'm sure people will want the maze to be based off the remake especially since the 80s version has already been done in Orlando. Besides, I'm sure it'll end up a complete flop like Wolman and My Soul to Take were.